Menu
Fluent Home
reviews & complaints

Fluent Home
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

47 complaints
28 resolved 19 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Fluent Home. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
F
5:47 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Fluent has a repetitive pervasive habit of not allowing customers to complete their contracts, refusing to help them or support them, dishonesty, run around and scams to make people who have fulfilled their contract obligation keep paying for a service they do not want. All review sites have the same stories. Fluent manipulates and abuses customers. I began...

K
1:47 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently moved my parents to an Assisted Living Facility. They own a home in North Highlands, Ca in Sacramento Cnty., that has a Fluent Home Security system. The WiFi and Phone were turned off at the beginning of the month. My father called to cancel the policy at that time and was told he had to show proof he could no longer live at the house alone. Thi...

10:10 am EST

Fluent Home - Security

One of the worst companies I've dealt with. Customer service is a joke and resolutions guy was absolutely worthless. They make it so hard to cancel service even when the contract is up. Contact was made over a three-month process to get cancelled. Three different service reps all different stories on how service is cancelled then spoke with the moron resolution guy how said the opposite of the three reps. The house where service is not occupied and being sold. Way to take advantage of elder people! Received absolutely no help from any of them and had to go to my back to stop payment.

I totally do not recommend this company at all and will be going to BBB where there are many complaints expressing the same situation.

E
10:30 am EST

Fluent Home - Fluent Home - Deceptive sales

My husband an I signed up for service in 2018. We were told that the contract was for 36 months and we could cancel at anytime after. We are moving and called to cancel and were told that we have 17 months remaining and that a 60 month contract was signed. I recall seeing 36 on the representatives screen. There is no way I would have agreed to 60 months. We never received a copy of the agreement after signing it. When we were told about having additional time left we asked for a copy of the contract to be emailed did not receive on the first time calling. Called back again advising that we did not receive the email, was then told that it could not be emailed and that they would mail it to us. 3 weeks later no email. Called back again and after speaking with a supervisor we finally received a copy of the contract by email where it shows 60 month. 5 YEARS is ridiculous and I know that I did sign that. The representative changed the terms of the contract after we signed.

Desired outcome: I would like my service cancelled with out any penalties

E
5:33 pm EST

Fluent Home - Scammmm!

Everything you are reading here about what a nightmare Fluent is to cancel is true. I am 6 months into trying to cancel my service, after my contract expired, and am getting the run around. I have had to deal with "Retention Team", "Customer Advocate", multiple calls to customer service, unreal. This has just been surreal. Seriously, run don't walk away from these scam artists. I cannot believe their antics are legal, but definitely not ethical. Anyway, there are plenty of other options out there that aren't scams. It's ironic that they are home security...Who will protect consumers from Fluent? I would’ve honestly went with anyone else !

Desired outcome: That they let you freely leave your contract after it’s over !

J
3:06 pm EST

Fluent Home - Service and money

I signed a contract for you to provide us a service with access to support in July of 2018 for a period of 39 months with the first month being free of charge, that contract should have resulted in the last payment being made in October of this year of 2021. You are still asking for payment long after I have the agreed term.

Here is where it gets interesting, you failed to provide the service. Which means you terminated the contract. That led to us NOT PAYING FOR SOMETHING YOU FAILED TO PROVIDE.

This all started over a dead battery. The alarm kept going off and we answered the phone every hour for over 12 hours, 14 i believe. We stated every time that we didn't have a battery to replace it with (because it was the middle of the night) and to just ignore the alarm for the time being and resume when the battery was replaced. We missed answering the call and the fire department was dispatched. We tried replacing it and got the tamper suspected alarm. We called tech support and never received a call back for THREE DAYS.

I put a stop payment on the account for the remainder of the contract (May - October) and since then I have called and emailed over and over and over to several numbers and several different addresses. You are still charging me past the contract end date and expecting payment for those months.

Cut your losses and quit threatening me with the collection agency. I'm sure they wouldn't be bothered to collect approx $275, especially since knowing they would settle for 75% or less of that and with their fee you'd get less than that. Is answering the phone 2x a month and having your inbox filled with these emails really worth it?

On top of this, this doesn't even affect my credit rating.

I did write a review on the BBB site and found almost the identical complaint we did.

VIVENT is 100% better that you and even drove 2.5 hours just to service their equipment including change the battery!

10:37 pm EST

Fluent Home - Fluent home security

Fluent home refuses to cooperate with me and many many others upon completion of a contract to cancel. The same run around for everyone, saying someone from retention must call you back. They don't give you a direct email or number to retention, and they don't contact customers. 3 weeks passed of me hounding them daily with calls and emails, telling me I'm auto renewed for another 2 years. That it's because they "are backed up" and "don't listen to the advice of anyone on their customer service". Contact cbc go team, file with alberta consumer affairs, the BBB won't do anything there's literally hundreds of the same scam tactic on customers. I've never encountered such a fraudulent dishonest business.

Desired outcome: Cancel my account immediately, no further payments

Update by Crystal Lawrence
Dec 27, 2021 10:42 pm EST

Please don't bother with your canned response of "I'm so sorry, please call or email us". I have, many many times. You don't assist customers or rectify your scam tactics. I'll continue to post complaints and reviews everywhere until you cancel my account. I have fulfilled my 3 year contract, customers are being scammed for your terrible customer service and lack of morals. Don't bother giving me the same response you give everyone.

P
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been trying to cancel my home security services for three months now with no luck. Every time I am told someone from the resolution department will call me back and they never do. My last call I was told the same thing and I asked to be transferred to the resolution department and the agent fake named "Sam Gear" said they don't take calls or email...

11:39 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We were a Fluent Home customer since April 2014 till Aug 2021. On 4th Aug 2021, we moved to another home services provider and called the Fluent Support to inform them to cancel the services. No one from Fluent advised that they want to send a written notice of cancellation. We received an invoice from Fluent on Sept 3rd, and we informed the customer...

10:50 pm EDT

Fluent Home - Deceptive Contract Tactics

My sister, who has cerebral palsy was taken advantage of by one of your door to door sales people by claiming that her account with another security company was expired. This was not true as it was on an auto renew policy. If you company claimed to know the expiration date, why didnt they know this! My sister believed everything your salesman - ERIC (360-213-6413) said and he had her sign something on his phone application without explaining anything! After getting her signature, they illegally removed the previous system (which she is being charged for). Apparently, the signature must have included a right to take out a credit card in her name for their equipment. I am her older sister and advocate as she clearly was taken advantage of. When she realized that her previous system was not expired and she was now paying for two systems, she was devastated that she had been lied to and deceived by very shady and manipulative tactics to get her to sign. She immediately called your customer service and had the most rudest representative speak to her and told her she was legally bound because she signed. She lives on SSI and a very small part time phone job just to get by...she works harder than you and I ever will and didn't has fallen victim to their deceptive schemes. We have left messages and made reviews on their company. We have contacted the newspaper. We have gathered our information to contact the attorney general to report them. We cannot understand why anybody has contacted us to resolve this situation. From where we sit, it looks like all they care about is money - their bottom line. Before I send this complaint to the Attorney General, I would like to be contacted on her behalf. She needs help with this type of thing and Eric (their door to door rep) should be ashamed of himself for how he got this account.

My sister is developmentally disabled - cannot walk, but isn't stupid. She knows she was taken advantage of and has been devastated that a company can do this. She has cried herself to sleep every night because she doesn't know how she is going to pay for two systems. And on top of it to have her sign something without even having explained to her what she was signing. She simply just didn't understand. Why is this? Why was no paper work left with her or explained? If they knew her contract with the old company was expired, why didn't they know it was a continuous contract? If they are going to use those kind of tactics to get someone to sign, they well better have all the facts because before she could even cancel her old contract it had automatically been renewed for 5 years.

My sister, the account holder is Gladys Lennard, account number is 579062. We need this contract cancelled immediately. We need communication. As I said, we have tried a couple different avenues to contact them. I'm her sister and am her advocate to help her with things like this when companies or people take advantage of her. My phone number is 509-413-9222. Her phone number is 509-487-1005. We implore you to call one of us (but preferably myself so I can help her understand).

We are prepared to contact the attorney general but making one last effort to reach out and resolve this without doing that.
Sincerely,
Alma Beaudry
[email protected]

Desired outcome: Cancellation of contract

P
12:06 pm EDT

Fluent Home - Unwillingness to end contract

After 3 LCD panels have quit, months without sending someone to fix the last 2 that went down, many nights of unmonitored doors due to offline issues, and numerous attempts of the service tech trying to make the hardware work, I've had to get another company to arm my buildings. Also, the last alarm, it was over 30 min for the monitoring station to call me.
After emailing, they take weeks to respond, then call, hear my situation, say they'll get back to me, and don't. Another person calls, hears the facts of why I had to switch to a company that monitors 24/7, with no dropped signals etc, and they say they'll call back. They don't.
lastly, i had the service tech call and explain that the hardware doesn't seem to work with the steel buildings, distances etc, and they instructed him to try again. I don't need him to, as it's now months of no service tech sent out, and I've got another system. With million+ in inventory, I can't afford any nights to be unmonitored.

Desired outcome: Just cancel it and walk away. I've already lost money with the hardware I had to purchase. Thousands of dollars.

M
3:58 pm EDT

Fluent Home - Charging after multiple cancellation requests

NUMEROUS phone calls and some emails, as well as a written letter sent requesting cancellation.
The company agreed to stop payments for the last few months of the contract and to terminate said contract. Now they will not terminate the contract as they "have nothing on file" regarding cancellation.
I want OUT but they keep charging me.
We are at the END of our contract but they will not cancel.

I just want my payments refunded and out of this company.

Incompetent installers. Had to school one on his product another had a massive toolbelt he kept scraping against freshly painted walls, even AFTER I said something.

A suspected break in took over an hour to respond to via a contract company they use.

Incompetent agents not using the "talk button" properly when trying to communicate via control panel.

Lost 2 days wages and made two 350 km round trips because they went to the wrong house.

A FIRE ALARM took half an hour to respond to by a phone call... luckily it was just kitchen smoke

Told it was cancelled, told an email was sufficient to ensure cancellation...both lies.

Won't support failing products.

I could go on

Desired outcome: Refund for July overcharge for the amount of $123.88 and cancellation of services and np further charges.

2 comments
D
Oct 19, 2021 4:05 am EDT

I am having similar trouble with being over charged lied to it was adjusted . Random charges are on my credit card from them. Fluent stated they were wrong it would stop snd hadn’t.

Dec 27, 2021 10:44 pm EST

They are a scam company. They won't let anyone cancel. Contact consumer affairs and cbc go team.

B
4:23 pm EDT

Fluent Home - Delaying in cancelling my account

Multiple instances of the alarm going off without receiving a phone call from the monitoring station. Trying to cancel, phoned first time and was put on hold for 20 minutes, told I needed to speak with "Retention", put on hold for another 10 minutes before the line disconnected. Phoned back, hold 20 minutes, told retention would get back to me within 24 hours. No call back received. Phone again, on hold for 20 minutes, tried to have me leave a number again, I requested to speak with a manager, left me not on hold, but with the line muted for over 10 minutes to hear that the manager wouldn't be able to help me. I requested again to speak with a manager and was put on mute for another 20 minutes. Nothing is resolved and the delay tactics are infuriating and unfair.

Desired outcome: Cancel my account

L
7:26 pm EDT
Fluent Home has left an official reply on this complaint.

Fluent Home - Panel not functioning from April 12 to 19 . . . . .

My name is Linda Eby,
My Fluent account number is: 99020566-11982

I haven't been able to set my alarm for 7 days, from April 12th -19th 2021.
The panel is non-functioning. Prior to today, the panel said "system ready to arm" but no response to touch.
Today, the panel shows the "system is ready to arm" and there's a #1 blinking at the top of the screen. This morning the panel began beeping for about 7 seconds (7 beeps) every few minutes.

I've left messages, via email. I've been on the 1-855-238-4826 line several times, left a call back number, and today sat with number dialed and on speaker phone, and waited for the next available Service Rep for over 3 hours.
Please respond with instructions

7:36 pm EST

Fluent Home - Contract / false advertising

The company stated I could cancel anytime without penalty. Today they said the contract ended in 2025, when I asked to speak to a supervisor they hung up on me. When I called back they said I had a 60 month contract and it needed in 2022. They continuously lie about the terms and contract. I asked if there was assistance with Covid relief and they said no only one month suspension that I would be responsible for. How is that assistance? I had the worst ever customer service experience and they hung up on me. I would like to be done with the services. The company can not even get there lie straight everyone has different dates. When I signed up for the services a girl came knocking on my door asking if I wanted the service and I could cancel anytime. I signed on an iPad she did not provide any documentation of any sorts.

Desired outcome: Cancel the services

T
5:38 pm EST

Fluent Home - Cancellation of two alarm systems

If I could provide a zero rating I would. I live in Ontario Canada.

This company is the worst to deal with. The lengthy and negative comments you read about them is the same experience that I have had.

I had sent a UPS letter with a tracking number to cancel the service and paid the entire contract upfront weeks ago. Even though that occurred, they still withdrew money from my account yesterday, along with taking my money to pay off the contract. When you call to speak with them (a Canadian calling an American company by the way .I have called four times in the past few months and it is always answered in the USA.) they are never receptive, or at other times never reachable at all! Their hours are deplorable and never available for resolutions.

They took twice the money (the money I paid out to cancel the service until the end of contract of June 2021 AND the company just withdrew money from account yesterday also). The company also verbally acknowledged on the phone that they did in fact receive my tracked and delivered letter to them for cancellation of both services at the end of contract. I have proof of the tracked delivery service with the UPS to Fluent to cancel the contract and that I paid in full.

Desired outcome: Overpayment refunded and contract cancelled for account numbers 442934 and 442895.

2 comments
R
Jul 29, 2021 6:55 am EDT

I'm trying to cancel now. Were you successful in cancelling? Any tips?

Dec 27, 2021 10:45 pm EST
Replying to comment of Rob Welte

They don't let anyone cancel, ever. Contact consumer affairs and cbc go team.

S
9:54 am EST

Fluent Home - Customer service

Absolutely the worst customer service, half of our equipment doesn't work. Our Thermostat is now not connected. They don't answer the phones and tell you to go to web site If they do ca;ll back its a recording telling you are on hold, which will take up to 2 hours. My daughter has also continued to have the same problem and all her equipment isn't working, so what kind of security is this supposed to be,

K
11:22 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Beware beware beware of fluent!! If I could give them no stars, I would. This is a terrible company. Very very deceptive business practices. Do not get roped into a contract with them or you will never get out of it. We signed a 36 month contract with them on september 7, 2018. Then over the course of the next year they sent a contract to me and said that I...

R
2:08 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had a break-in attempt while we slept at home. They broke through a basement window. The contact sensor failed to activate despite the alarm system being active. Also, the police panic button on the keypad did not summon police as originally programmed. 20 minutes after the police showed up (I called them myself after scaring the would-be thieves away...

I
3:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My 92 year old grandmother honored her written agreement with this company for a 3 year contract. The company mailed an offer, for existing customers, to have a doorbell camera installed for free. She wanted the offer but instead they renewed her agreement for another 3 years. She never signed anything. She wondered why at the end of the 3 year agreement...

Fluent Home contacts