Flagler Hospitalpoor care

My partner checked into the emergency room with severe pain in his lower right side. He had a cat scan and was told he needed an immediate colonoscopy. He was told he had to drink two small bottles plus one gallon of the prep liquid. After the procedure the next day he was returned to his room at 5 pm. He had had nothing to eat (except clear liquids) for more than 48 hours. He was not even offered a sip of water or anything to eat after the procedure. We were told he couldn't leave until he was discharged by the doctor on the floor, which didn't happen until 2 hours later. During this time the patient next to him received 2 dinners and Barry was given NOTHING. He had given his history of heart disease and especially arrhythmia, and was not told anything about how to restore his electrolytes and potassium levels. This led to the worst arrhythmia he has ever had. He passed out in the middle of that night and hit his head. After complaining to the hospital I was told they would use this as a learning experience for their staff. Beware of Flager Hospital!

• Re
    rettoc Apr 27, 2018

I had a lobectomy, for cancer.right after recovery I woke im excruciating pain and my registered nurse would not give me any pain medicine although she only had 4 patients, she neglected us all
    They would shut off the patient call buttons and never ever respond.
    A supposed 5 day stay turned into 9 I was in crying pain constantly to no avail .at one point she sat me in a chair for 7 hrs although I begged her not to because I have been disabled for 3 bad back injuries and surgeries, and sitting not only is my nemesis it kills me my tailbone sticks out and hits the chair.
    One night I woke at 11 pm crying and begging to give me something to get me out of excruciating pain she wanted me to sit up to take oral med!! 5 mg of percecet, a jole when I had been cut from front to back im my ribs and back and had a rib cut off I had 2 big thick drainages hoses in my back for drainage I cried and said put pain med in my IV please please finally at 7:30 am she did
    My heart rate was 99, blood pressure was 172/98 for 8 full hours, racket with pain
    For 5 days y socks and feet were soaked with urine as well as a towel on the floor
    It was my worst nightmare come true, I would not wish that on anyone torture complete do not go to that hospital ever! For your sake

Comments

• Nu
    NurseMan Jul 18, 2012

Flagler Hospital is known for having a high turnover of employees all the time. They for unknown reasons do their best to shorten the careers of many bright and intelligent nurses keeping a constant search for and inflow of inexperienced nursing professionals. This often times results in poor care for patients. If you search their website, they have tons of open positions which confirms the above. Sorry for your bad experience but it's not a surprise. It is why many patients that initially get admitted to Flagler, after they are stable they ask to be moved to another hospital.