Fixya.comSCAM

Paid for Premium service (What a Joke). My expert (with 9 other Refrigerator experts there) quickly got me to agree to excepting a manual listing all of the causes and testing procedures. I received the manual and it was the wrong one. They do not respond back! CHECK OUT HOW THEY WORK SO HARD TO GET YOU TO SIGN OFF. DON'T PLAN ON HEARING BACK IF YOU DO.

techbuster:I read your question.
tll:Hi we have an Amana asd2662hrw that is cold on the freezer side but not on the frig side
techbuster:Ok fine...
techbuster:Did this problem start all of a sudden or gradually?
tll:Hard to say. just noticed it
techbuster:Ok fine.. How old is your refrigerator?
tll:6 yrs
techbuster:Ok fine..
techbuster:Any history of problems ?
tll:None
techbuster:Is the door seals fine?
tll:Yes
techbuster:Ok fine..
techbuster:How handy you are in working with the internal parts of the machine?
tll:we did notice that the frozen side everything is more solid
tll:yes I am
techbuster:Ok then i will tell you what the problem can be and how it can be rectified
techbuster:Check if condensor fan is running..
techbuster:Check if there is any restriction of air flow..
techbuster:Do you have experience in doing them or do you need an manual?
tll:air is coming out of the back ventd
techbuster:Ok fine..
techbuster:Check if condensor fan is running properly
tll:how can I tell?
techbuster:Disconnect the unit from the power source.
techbuster:Remove the insulated cover from the rear of the cabinet.
tll:done
techbuster:Disconnect the condenser fan motor lead connector on the motor terminals.
techbuster:To remove the lead connector from the condenser fan motor, grasp the connector with your thumb inserted between the connector and the locking lever.
techbuster:Pull the connector away from the motor.
techbuster:Attach a 115v test cord to condenser motor and plug into a power source. If the motor fails to operate, it is defective and must be replaced.
techbuster:Test the voltage also
techbuster:Do you want an detailed manual which tells you how to check each and every aprt?
tll:That would be great
techbuster:Please give me your e mail address
tll:
techbuster:On its way...
techbuster:Just a reminder... Please do spend a minute for me before ending the chat when you have finished your queries...Just a reminder...
techbuster:It is an detailed manual on how to check each and every part in your refrigerator and how to replace it
tll:When I end the session am I done or can I contact you again with questions if I have one?
techbuster:It also indicates what all things can be faulty in the trouble shooting section
techbuster:Yes you can come and post yuur comment here itself and i will respond to it..
techbuster:Any more queries that i can help you with?
techbuster:Just spend a minute for me please
tll:Thats it for now
tll:what do you need?
techbuster:Are you satisfied with this interaction you had with me?
tll:I will be if I get this running
techbuster:If you donot have further queries Please end the chat through END SESSION tab on the right side of chat window... And if satisfied please donot opt for further expert advice..Thank you.
techbuster:If you opt for further service it means i am not helpful.I will not be given any credit for spending my time if you opt for further service.
techbuster:Please end the session as i have guided..
techbuster:You can even contact me through email
tll:How?
techbuster:I have sent you an mail from my mail address only..
techbuster:First try contacting by posting your comments here.. If i dont respond then come in through my e mail
tll:Thanks. If I end my session I can still post?
techbuster:Yes you can
techbuster:Please end the session as i have guided..
techbuster:Then only you can post..
tll:I will
Comments:
Jul 31, 2010 - tll: Wrong manual was sent. ASD2622HRW not listed
Aug 01, 2010 - techbuster: The way to test the compressor is common as such described there..

SAVE YOUR MONEY

RESOLVED

Fixya Guru Jul 11, 2011

I have studies the conversation and conclude:

Techbuster is correct - the inspection/diagnostic process for this complaint is common to several models.

This is the reason he has sent that service manual - whilst not specific to the ASD2622HRW, the diagnostic process described within the service manual will apply to the ASD2622HRW.

Tll is very lucky to have received a $40 service manual at no charge !

• Pr
    prosebush Jul 08, 2011

@ FixyaExpert

You so strongly defend Scamya that one might get the impression you are directly on their payroll or seriously trying to be. I am not a member nor have I ever requested so called expert advice from Gotya. When their site was returned through something I was researching on Google, I decided to research Screwya from the sidelines and low and behold, they rank right up there with 'Review' websites, as warped and one-sided as it gets.

I'm now wondering how much you earned at their site when you spend so much time in here bashing everyone who does not buy into your spin.

• Ra
    Rachris May 04, 2011

Someone needs to start a class action suit. I am an expert who also is getting ripped off. They don't want to pay, they say the customer denied payment or whatever. How do you know if te payment was denied? You can not contact the customer.

FixYa Expert May 04, 2011

That's a bunch of BS. I have several chats. Some rated and some not but all ACCEPTED and all paid out as the time comes tp pay for chats and solutions.

FixYa Support Apr 26, 2011

We are always willing to assist you.
    Please send as much information as you can.

• 2p
    2pages.co.uk Mar 29, 2011

Its not only that, I thought I would give fixya a try as I'm a 25years in the business IT analyst, there are very few paid questions on there, and I have now answered about 10 paid ones, and I have not been offered payment for any, everytime it comes back that the person never claimed their answer.

and heres a free fixya answer to sajkhaksjfh
    " I wonder why, whenever I use a search engine to find information, that stupid site is there with the first 10-15 results. Why is that?"
    Its because you must have clicked it a few times, googles gone inteligent now, if you keep going to a site it thinks you like it, so whenever the site contains reference to the subject you search, google thinks this guy likes fixya, I'll put the fixya results at the top...solution, clear your browsing history files, and never visit fixya again.#
    Thats $5 please ;)

• Li
    LINDA CLARKE Feb 16, 2011

I needed a manual for the 2nd-- hand microwave I bought from someone. I wasn't looking for "fix ya"
    (in fact I never heard of them before) but somehow thru my searching I ran into "fix ya". Stupidly I paid the $20 with my debit card thinking they were going to send me a manual. Well the charge went thru my bank but I never received anything. Meanwhile I got the correct address for the manual and they sent it to me free of charge. I just tried to call them for a refund and all the taped message told me was the web address to go to for fix ya. I want my $20 back and now I am worried because they now have my bank card information. I don't know what to do.

sajkfhaksjfh Oct 11, 2010

Fixya.com is so worthless. I wonder why, whenever I use a search engine to find information, that stupid site is there with the first 10-15 results. Why is that?
    There is never any information on that site regarding my search so why am I getting results to it?

This kind of search engine link farming should be punished and all results removed.

• Ex
    ex expert Aug 10, 2010

Anyone Looking for Help should go to a reputable Help site Like JustAnswers.com

Your chances of getting a REAL expert on fixya.com is slim, very slim, and as long as they employee people Like Rulds2008, kapishtech, Rylee_smith and about a thousand others, your going to get screwed out of your money..these guys aree masters at hoodwinking people into either, believing their item cant be fixed or it cost to much to fix and a whole host of other nonsense.

• Ex
    ex expert May 11, 2010

as an ex expert on fixya.com i can whole heartly agree with the complainant here. i am actually embarrassed to be associated with more then a few of the so called "experts" on fixya.com.

there stats are horrendous to begin with and once you dig a little deeper youll be perplex by the amount of people that never bother to complain to leave a nice thanks for nothing note.

im not sure which i consider worst, the actual "expert" that gives these ### answers or fixya.com for allowing them.

the sad part is, the unsuspecting customer thats going to use fixya next, has no ideal what they are in for. o yeah, they sound like they know what there talking about but is actual an art form how these guys ### the asker into costly repairs or replacements because they havent a clue whats wrong with what there talking about.

there are actual guys making a living off fixya and making thousands a month and then cry that there disabled and cant work blah blah blah blah blah and some people actually pity these scammers.

FixYa Support Apr 06, 2010

We are always willing to assist you. Please contact [email protected] so that we can look into the matter and resolve it.
    Please send as much information as you can

• To
    tomv Apr 01, 2010

"experts' try to troubleshoot issues they know NOTHING about. No refunds!!

• Ca
    Care4U Jan 18, 2009

Please contact [email protected]

• Valerie Sep 02, 2008

I have been an expert with this company for the past 6 months. Recently they changed system and they not paying me for un-rated live chats. I mailed the community manager Alex several times but not got response. According to the Payment program un-rated are assumed solved and the expert is credited with 6$. But some of my sessions are 1 month old and they don't want give a damn.