ADVERTISIMENT

FirstService ResidentialPayments not credited to account while they add more fees. Calls not returned.

R

First Service Residential is a property management firm serving the Home Owners Association of the subdivision I live in. I was late with quarterly payment which means additional fees. Financially this has been a tough year but I paid first two quarterly payments and all late fees. Sept 1 I received a letter advising me what I owed $235 ( included $135 fees). It further advised me that if I didn't pay or make arrangements within 15 days there would be more fees. I received the letter after returning home from my brothers funeral. I called their office on or about 9/15 to let them know I would make a payment as soon as possible - next week. I made payment on 9/21. When I called to make payment I was told I owed $285 which I paid. I assumed the extra $50 was more fees as promised in the 9/1 letter. My bank released funds on 9/22 but they were not credited to my account. I received another letter dated 9/23 that showed I owed $385. When I called I could not reach a property manager. I asked to speak with my property manager's supervisor. I was given a name and left a voice nail message. Voice mail greeting assured call would be answered in 24-48 hours. No call was made. I called back two days later and still could not speak with property manager. I learned the supervisor's name I was given was a coworker not a supervisor. I explained the timeline of calls and payments and wondered why my payment was not posted timely and why was I charged additional money when bank had released funds. Apparently they can't show two payment activities in one day. Their additional charges had priority over posting my payment. I was told there was a disclaimer please n the website saying payments are delayed for a few days. (No explanation why funds would be held if bank had already released funds. In the electronic age there isn't the float time there used to be. ). Apparently someone is using my money to make money while I'm charged more money after bank has cleared transaction...their receipt supports my claim when paynent was made.. Option I was given was to submit a request for waiver which would take from 60-90 days to resolve. I was told I would have to attend a Board meeting to obtain waiver. I attended a board meeting a couple of years ago and was treated very rude (Property Manager who was to escort me to the meering room (i had no clue where room wasl didn't bother to show me which room the meering was in. Board President told me to leave even though I was on agenda. I shouldn't have bothered since there was no discussion...decision made before I got there. It was humiliating and a total waste of time. Process was a sham as they didn't give a hoot. Homeowners aren't customers they are hostages. I didn't know what to do because I felt that $285 fees for $100 assessment was too high especially since I called them within their specified time period made the payment and was still charged additional fees. This was the second time I had made payment of what they told me I owed only to find out that fees were levied same day funds released from bank. There was sense in going before the board. I entered a complaint online at Yelp. Within hours a Marketing Manager contacted me about the "F" rating. We talked and she told me she would see what she could do and call me later. That was Mon. She emailed me late afternoon and told me she'd call me Tues. No call on Tuesday. I emailed her Tuesday and Wednesday requesting update. I left voice message on Thursday . she emailed me on Thursday. After four days of no response she informed me that the best way to handle the waiver request was the 60-90 process that would go before the board. She did nothing on my behalf and even after hearing my horrible experience going before the board could only suggest it as the best way for fair resolution. Just as experience tells me there is little chance for fair resolution and a big set up to be abused. First Residential Service only works for the association board. Homeowners need not expect f inairness or ethical treatment. Calls are not returned and the "tean' misleads about who is a supervisor and who is a coworker. Not sure what I will do. I don't have the money. If I did I would have to use it for transportation to funeral on one brother which will more than likely be next week followed by another plane ticket next month for last surviving brother's funeral. Hard enough cooing with loosing all of NY brothers within a 3 month period but dealing with First Residential Service takes it over the top.

Comment Guidelines