First Source AdvantageLaw breaking

F

First Source Advantage banks on the fact that most consumers do no know the laws or their rights. I for one know both. This company has violated my rights and Public Law Fair Debt Collections Practices Act. They started calling me in December of 08 offering a settlement on an old outstanding account. I accepted the settlement and told them if my Christmas bonus was enough I would pay this on Dec 27. I then started receiving at least 3 calls a day asking me to put this on a post dated check. I refused to do so as I dont have a checking account nor would I write it when I dont even know if the money would be there. I then received a notice on Dec 18th that I had given them a post dated check in the amount of the settlement. I called them and stated I received this letter but I had not given them a check the man stated that he knew that he used someone else banking information in order to "hold the settlement for me" I was so shocked that he did this that I informed them that I would not be paying this bill thru them and I ordered them to cease and desist all communications with me at that time. I also informed them that every call they made to me cost me money as they were calling my cell phone and that the FDCPA states that their actions may not cause me to incure any cost. From that day on I started receiving phone calls from them at least 10 times a day including 17 phone calls on Christmas Eve. I called them again and informed them that they were put on notice to cease and desist all calls to me as every call they made to me after that was a violation of the law. I also informed them that the law states making a phone ring in order to harass a consumer is a violation and I felt harassed by so many phone calls a day. The other problem I was having is the FDCPA gives me the right to sue a debt collection company and the debt collector individually for any violation but First Source Advantage makes their calls from and their incoming calls go to India. I do not have the ability to sue, depose, or otherwise bring action against an individual in India so again my rights under the FDCPA are being violated. On Thursday January 8th I received 12 calls that morning and was getting very frustrated. Then I received a call from my sister stating that they called her and gave her my name, address, social security number, home phone number and cell phone number and then told her what bill they were collecting on. The FDCPA states they can only call a third party for location information. Since they gave her all that information they already knew this information and had no right to call her. Also, the third party disclosure of the fact that I had a bill and which one it was is just another example of the gross misconduct of this company. At that time I called again very irate. I spoke with a Mr Mconnely and he admitted he third party disclosed and said "hey it worked you called us back." I tried to politely ask him to again cease and desist and he refused stating they would continue to call me and my family until I paid my bill. Then he stated they would involve the local police department as the check I gave them by phone bounced. I told him to call the police as I had not given him a check he said yes you did and I have it on tape. I asked him to play the tape for me as I have no checking account and he is accusing me of committing bank fraud and he refused. I instructed him to keep that copy available as my attorney will want to hear it and ended the call. About an hour later I was called to the hospital as my daughter was taken in for possible gall bladder attack. While at the hospital still on Thursday they called me 2 more times. Friday rolled around and I received less calls than usual only 5 that day. I answered all 5 told them I was at the hospital and to again never call me again but yet it continued. I informed them again that under the FDCPA you can only make one unsolicited contact with a consumer a day and I had already spoke with them several times and this was yet another violation of my rights. I returned home Saturday morning from the hospital ready to get some rest and at 8:14 in the morning they called me again. I asked for the compliance officer and they refused I asked again to speak with someone in America and they refused. He did admit to all of the fraud and violations and claims they will not call me again but did tell me they were going to take me to court. Frustrated I reminded him he was in India and had no jurisdiction over me and pleaded with him to get an Ohio attorney and file against me as I would love to see them in court. My course of action is to post this story on every complaint board I can find, I will be filing a complaint with the Ohio and New York Attorney Generals offices, the BBB, and hopefully filing suit against this pathetic company in a court of competent jurisdiction. I have been in collections as a manager for 15 years and I would never tolerate such ignorance of the law. I hope that someone in our government takes note that allowing collection agencies to violate the laws and hide behind the fact that their agents are in India and cant be sued personally is bad for the American consumer and bad for a badly needed industry, Good legal bill collectors.
I had just completed writing this and was getting ready to send it as I received my third call of the day still on saturday the 10th and it is not even 9 am yet. I asked him why he was calling me and he said cause your a ### and I wanted to tell you to suck my dick. I hung up the phone sent this letter and now intend to call the police.

• Xx
    xxooxxoo May 17, 2016

I am now retired. However, for 20 years I was employed in senior Account Management roles for a very large Outsourcer in the USA and Europe. We used to contract mostly fixed price. The scope of work was clearly defined and the price of work clearly agreed and contracts signed before work began. It was almost normal practice for the client to argue over the price, after the product was delivered, on time with no quality issues. It was considered good/smart business for clients to demand a lower price (usually claiming that the project didn't use as many resources as they figured it would) or delay payment for many months. Financial Institutions were the largest offenders, along with automobile companies. Surely if large institutions can act this way over millions, the consumer is merely doing the same thing but on a lesser scale. We live in a society where we have established a dog eat dog mantra. Many wealthy people do not pay their debts without a settlement offer first, some don't pay their debts and are well known for this. Insurance companies frequently try to find excuses not to pay up, it is all a case of trying to get as much as possible on one hand, and trying to give as little as possible on the other. It is the same now in employment. Employers pay as little as possible, the employees do as little work as possible.

• Re
    Reviewer54570 Mar 01, 2016

They call early in the morning, late at night. I ask to leave a message, no thanks!!! I BLOKE several numbers and come back with 4 more. This has gone on for 3 months. CRAZY a-- people.

• Fs
    fsanightmare May 30, 2013

Firstsource Advantage causes nightmares by their collection efforts. They won't listen unless you take them to court. And.. it's much easier than you may think to take them to court. If you have had problems with firstsource advantage, or first source advantage, contact me here on this forum and I will tell you how you can fight back, and I don't charge anything to help you with that information. IF they called your cell phone, without your prior express consent, you could be entitled to $1, 500 per call.

• Ab
    Abby17 Dec 28, 2012

Hey hi everyone, i worked with a collection co. one year back, i am not making up stories but trust me its not an easy job to be a collector, though it may be the most degraded profession yet its not all that cool. I was never aware about the fact that collectors abuse because we are bounded by FDCPA and we go through refresher trainings every month. I may agree to the fact that we do make multiple calls that is only because we need a contact. A collector makes calls for 9 continuous hour and get only 1-2 max contacts and he has to collect on those even if he gets 5 contacts 3 will be on disability and the other 2 unemployed, therefore i said its not an easy task to be a collector. And with regards to stop calling, collectors have their own ways of taking whatever you say, for instance if you say i do not want calls they will ask you on this number? if you say yes they will try another number, so you need to tel them you don't want them contacting you through calls, then they tag the account so no one can call, and if they do, they can even loose their jobs and no one would wanna do that... Last but not the least i am an Indian and i took calls from India i respect the Americans and i understand the standard of living out there is expensive and we do understand that, its not that we work because we are unemployed we work coz no one out there wants to work for collections. i am extremely sorry i am saying this but we have plenty of co. here in India to employ us we do not need to take up jobs like collection but we do it... I am sayin all of this coz we have always been regraded and i would not know why... I am now working for American Express Fraud team and i get appreciated by customers and managers everyday for the work i do... Just because we are dark skin does not make ur criminals... Anyways Tkc and God Bless.

teamfsl Aug 23, 2012

Dear Users, We appreciate your concern and apologize for any inconvenience. If you are comfortable with email
    communication, please write to us at [email protected] and we shall do our best to assist

teamfsl Aug 23, 2012

Dear Lenat, We appreciate your concern and apologize for any inconvenience. If you are comfortable with email

teamfsl Aug 23, 2012

Dear Melissa, We appreciate your concern and apologize for any inconvenience. If you are comfortable with email

• Ke
    Kelsey RR Jun 29, 2011

I repeatedly received calls from First Source Advantage at my place of business. Whenever I would answer the calls and identify who I was and what department...whomever would hang up. Finally, after two weeks, I finally took down the phone number and called it back. This place would quickly rush over their name (First Source Advantage) and refused to tell me why they were calling. The gentleman (I use the word loosely) did ask if I was another person. When I confirmed that I didn't know that person and that this was my direct business line, he said he would make sure the record was corrected. When I asked why he was calling, he got very indignant and said that he couldn't explain their business practices. I asked if it was their business practice to repeated call phone numbers and disconnect when a live person answered the phone. I explained that this problem could have been solved two weeks ago if someone had simply done the professional thing and identify themselves when they got my number. This representative got very indignant but said my number would be removed from their database. WRONG!!!

About 3 hours later...I got another call. When I called them back, the person I spoke with explained that it took 24 hours to remove someone from a database. Okay...I get that. But she gave me a completely different name of who they were looking for. When I asked for a supervisor, he proceeded to say it was my fault because I should have called then right back the first time they called. Seriously??? I'm working and I'm suppose to call back every wrong number I get. He said that sometimes people give the wrong number by mistake and wanted me to give him the operator so he could ask to be connected to the person in question. Again...seriously? At that point I wouldn't have helped him even if this person was the sleaziest low life in the world. No...wait...the sleazy low lifes are those people working for this company.

• Ac
    actuallypaysbills Jun 15, 2011

Listen up debtors what u guys don't understand is that when u borrow money and default you shouldn't have any rights but unfortunately you do...the sad thing is debtors are treated like babies and u guys still complain its pretty sad...stop trying to live out of your means oh and by the way u guys are the reason why this country is in a recession...I can't believe I have to say this but get a job and start acting your age and be responsible

• Ac
    actuallypaysbills Jun 15, 2011

All you debtors need to realize when u borrow money from someone let alone a bank and default u should have no rights...we should be able able to garnish wages and the whole nine yards but we don't cause we baby u guys now its not our fault u live out of your means don't get mad at us cause we do our job...that's right its called a job

• Do
    dobiqueenx2 Apr 29, 2011

this company began calling me at work, my cell, my home AND my father. I had told them to not call my home, work or cell again (this was prior to me know they'd called my father) If they call your work after that, they are breaking the law. If you send them a cease and assist letter to stop contacting you they are NOT to call you again BUT can still go after you to collect any debt you owe. When they started calling me incessively, my attorney told me to give them their information & advise we're filing bankruptcy. After I'd done this we received a letter in the mail from them regarding the debt and the letter was dated the same day they were given my atty information. We've now won a settlement against this company for breaking the law. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS and contact an attorney if they keep bothering you. You may be able to go after them for a money settlement as well!!!

• Tr
    Treading Water Apr 22, 2011

sorry for the typos

• Tr
    Treading Water Apr 22, 2011

It Seems Like a Lawyer would like to take a hold of some of our complaints? especially with recorded phone calls ets? I have read that their are several people actually csuing these types of Companies?

• Lx
    lxp Mar 21, 2011

1st Source Advantage-Want to get them to quit harassing? I've received numerous calls from this company (as well as friends, family etc that they gave personal information out to). That is up until I subscribed to one of the phone recording services offered through my iphone. The next time they called, I informed them that the phone call was being recorded. They promptly informed me that they wouldn't be able to continue the conversation and hung up. Goodbye you pakastani leeches!

• Do
    dobiqueenx2 Mar 05, 2011

my attorney's are going after these jerks for a money settlement as they kept calling & calling; even after I'd told them NOT to call my work, they still did which is against the law; and after I told them we were filing bankruptcy they sent me a letter about "settling" with my credit card company, which is also against the law. I hope my attorney's nail their [censor] and get a huge amount of money so they maybe learn a lesson!!

• Ho
    @homemom Jan 17, 2011

Okay, I received a phone call from someone at First Source. The gentleman sounded very professional and nice. I explained to him that I am currently not working and that I could only give a $25.00 payment. He said that was fine. He gave me a confirmation # and his direct number. He said that the amount 25 dollars would be taken out of checking account. A few days later I receive a letter stating that $65.00 would be taken out of my checking account! I called and the supervisor said it was their fault but I had to go find a fax machine and fax them a copy of my bank statement and a letter stating that they messed up! How can it be that they are so good at calling people, harrassing everyone, and so quick to deduct money, but when it is their fault I have to go and clean up THEIR mess????!! This pissed me off!!

• Hu
    Huntington, LI Nov 15, 2010

1st Source Advantage - It's important for consumers to the their Rights AND the Law. Do not let a credit collection agency bully or intimidate you. Do your research, show goodwill and if all else fails call your Attorney!

• My
    my truck rocks Oct 28, 2010

First source has put their information on my credit report. They bought a credit bill that has been charged off for about 4 years now. They have started to call my cel phone. I don't answer it since the number is whith held.
    Thank you Fed up for the information. Now I know not to answer the phone and let it go to voice mail. Oh I shut the phone off during my sleep time. I only have the cel.
    Again thanks for the info.

• Wh
    whatevr Oct 15, 2010

i hope its obvious to everyone reading these comments that the responses to do with "pay your bills" are indians from india that can spell as well as they can speak. Really, when you read those responses put an indian accent in your head and they are a little easier to understand. I just tried to speak to Mr. Shake, nash sanghui, gary ahuja, shay shinde and yes, alex de la rosa, who no one can seem to find. i asked them to please tune into the NBC show based on call centers like thiers... i told them that i now understand how easy it is too come up with material for the show, just call [protected]! humor me a little and call there and ask 2 simple questions, 1) where are you located? and 2)may i speak to your manager or supervisor? please insist that u want to know the location of whom you are spleaking with otherwise they are in buffalo or nyc. make sure when they transfer you to a "manager" that you ask the new person if he is a manager... have fun! by the way, if these idiots are calling your cell phone let them know that the law was passed that they cannot call a cell phone!! SHAME ON AMERICAN EXPRESS FOR USING SUCH A COMPANY!

• Ca
    CarlisleEra May 05, 2010

Now.now...idiot from collections...the real issue at hand is the inhumane and illegal treatment of we debtors by the employees of First Source Advantage, LLC and other collection agents or companies...employees who just so happen to be located across the ocean in Mumbia, India...and who also tend to ramble on endlessly making it improbable that he/she ever hear what an individual debtor/consumer's financial situation may be.

Oh yeah...these same employees are very well known to engage in activities which are: in direct violation of Federal and state law-and punishable under the same and must be held civilly liable for the illegalities they engage in and have committed.
    Aside from them calling to the point that 'harassing calls' seem like the 'good ole' days', First Source Advantage, LLC appears to encourage employees to practice overly aggressive communications, assertive and invasive demands for payment, repetitive-harassing- and daily phone calls (after requests to cease all communication...); but the company's employees and supervisors have threatened to pursue 'further action(s) against me...by releasing my account as noncollectable due to refusal to cooperate or pay' ...these were made during our FIRST conversation/contact ever.
    Their violation of the laws of Fair Debt Collection Practices are not the only concern I have; certain Fair Credit Reporting issues; but also their constant illegal treatment of undeserving consumers to the point of inexcusable & daily disturbances and threats are intolerable and illegal.

I vote a class action. Soon.

• Ca
    CarlisleEra May 05, 2010

Much is to be said about a previous employee of First Source Advantage publicly expressing his agreement and disapproval of the treatment we 'non-paying debtors' receive from the Mumbia folk(s). I just recently began receiving calls from a representative stating to go by Mr. Pate [...no first name I guess...or wouldn't dare give it to me...]. These BACK TO BACK calls were not only made over and over to my office and cell phone, but also to my parent's home phone and my mother's cell-the latter two having never been provided or listed on any of any account ever listed in my name.
    The harassment is at the least embarrassing, unnecessary, stressful and inappropriate-much more it is illegal and in violation of a myriad of federal and state laws, statutes, regulations...and punishable in a court of law. I am just finishing my second year of law school and have spent many hours researching consumer law and protection of consumers from aggressive collectors, unfair practices, consumer rights and remedies and the sources of law which do protect us. However, according to Pate, the rep from First Source Advantage, I-as the debtor who 'refuses to pay my bills'-am the one who should use caution in communicating with him...he and his company/agents...will not be reprimanded in a court of law, it will me because I am unable to afford the payments currently-even though AmEx has cashed every single check sent for my account, each month without fail, for the past 8 months-way before the 'charge off' date shown on credit report.
    This is where I get confused... please respond with HELPFUL AND CONSIDERATE RESPONSES-NOT JACK ### REMARKS ABOUT NON-PAYMENT AND REFUSALS TO PAY...please help with the following:

1. If payments are made, in good faith and on time each month, directly to American Express as opposed to FSA, LLC or another agency, do I then become doubly liable to both?
    a. If not, and payments need to be sent to one over the other, how will such credits to my balance be made-is this something I need to handle?

2. I understand the statute of limitations and requirements for its effect; however, what is the average time frame before a law suit is filed, by Am Ex and/or the agency or debt collector ...of the week, after a charge off/transfer of an account? I am in constant fear that this will happen and I will be served and sued over a credit card debt..even though i am paying what I can each month.

3. Are there any known class actions against this First Source Advantage, LLC or sister and affiliates?
    - In addition to studying as a law student, I work as a legal secretary doing primarily bankruptcy work. It seems that the point I find myself at now is several steps before the bankruptcy prep stage...needless to say, there are a multitude of research materials, public records information, and other resources at my disposal; I just don't know where to begin. However, it is my opinion that their practices are unethical and illegal and most definitely worth looking into. I am down to sue the butt-munches any day...as the calls and non-direct threats, harassing' and distressing phone calls, threats of 'further action' or 'account update for refusal to cooperate or pay' and the representatives' deceitful and condescending statements concerning non-existent written correspondence to my family and I must end immediately.
    I will now proceed to file a complaint for such practices. please share your thoughts about the concerns above, they will be much appreciated.

• Ta
    talk360 Apr 16, 2010

TO^^"neyers" I am very anger that you have this kind of an approach towards a serious problem. Id like to speak with you more, or anyone more about these kinds of matters.
    Im not on either side but come on if we are all grown ups then why do we call each other names. What goes around comes around. But you "neyers" I hope u get the chance to understand the whole system of "bills and Loans" Approval. Borrowing getting a credits card is a process itself, in hopes to build a credit line. And No - "when someone comes asking for there money"like u stated { thats not as easy as u think. Do u think most ppl want to have bad credit? Yes, i feel I/we R ALL are violated when the bill collectors push for you to pay over the phone "even after we say i cant pay today. We live in the united States of America - Thats who sets ur limits for ur job, and gives us our rights. So sry MY AMERICA says that there are rights you are (collectors) violating.
    Where u from again / dont u know our laws?/ Not all if u r bad but those bad apples on ur end like the (collector's) attitude representation & HONESTY. Its not fair how the whole system is working right @ this current time, *NEWS flash life is not fair, Just because the united states of america owes billions to other countrys, doe sthat mean ur saying our government has no right to complain about anything!? If buisness's granted the card/loan, than they know any & all results before hand, approved they GAVE me the card. I didnt not pull a gun out and demand for that plastic card ( Not paying, is not the same as steeling. If collectors would call "To just ask ask for there money, it wouldnt leave us in our boat we are in. I got all kinds of recordings if you dont beleive me hoe sum colllectors talk to there customers. First of all i hope someday u will see that hurting ppl, & pulling them down farther will only set u back farther by saying what u have on this site. This is not ur job ur job is to HELP us customers figure a plan thats works for both partys.
    2nd of all i paid electronic payment and "oopppsss" they just so happend to loose all my information and never gave me a reponse, so I assume u just pay the bill & trust that computers & humans dont make kistakes. I pray that a mother that just lost there child dont here you on here talken like that, you dont know ever persons personal affairs so STOP pretending you know it all, please.
    PSS: I do owe money and I DO have the right to stop criminal activities --- Not complain ''but even then irts still my right as an America, , Alot of ppl died for me to have these rights.
    Any one want to commment or talk more about these sorta issues please e- mail me at ---------- [email protected] i could use advise & give some as well. Thnks xo

• Ne
    neyers Apr 11, 2010

I am pretty sure that the buy who commented above me is a pathetic loser because he himself defaults bills. i don't know why you guys complaint so much... first of all you guys don't pay your bills and then when someone comes asking for their money you feel you are violated... how is that fair... why don't you guys pay your bills to avoid this to begin with... i understand there may be tough times, but if you owe something you don't have the right to complaint about anything... owing money to someone and stealing money is both the same if you look at it.

ps: i am not a bill collector... i pay my bills on time.

ChadOner Mar 02, 2010

I used to work at first source advantage. They teach in training about how to not break the law and tactics on how to still hit goal by being a caring individual. However most of the senior staff no longer gets quality monitored so they can say basically anything they want, managers of these associates turn a shoulder, well because the money they bring in helps the manager bonus. They get all your info, and relatives names through different skip tracing tools. If you ever recieved a bill or ordered any credit at a location you better expect for that address to get a letter/phone call to anyone who lived in that address in the last 5 years They can call you as many times as they want as long as they dont leave a voice message, after one message they cant call back. First Source is a crappy company and thats why I left. I heard the illegal things senior associates said. FYI They are based out of Mumbai India. The owners sold themselves to ICICI inc from Mumbai back in 04-05. If you want a cease and decist you must write a letter and send it to the company. Vocally expressing your dissatisfacting will not stop them from calling. Good Luck, and Pay your Bills on time if you can!

• Mi
    micaheal Feb 21, 2010

u ###in americans only know how to use money and not to pay the bill on time---bcoz of u guys banks like wahingtonmutal and other financial organistion has files for bankruptcy---what u guys have to do just use the money in lust then go and declare bankruptcy

• Afro of Justice42 Feb 18, 2010

First Source has been pursuing my attention for a nonexistent debt. I have verified with the supposed initiating agency that the debt simply does not exist.

I strongly believe consumers should file a class action lawsuit against First Source. I'm surprised that they can remain in business, considering their unlawful practices.

If there are any attourneys in the audience, you would probably make a decent amount of money off all this, so please take steps to contact this agency's "customers". :D

There is no reason for this agency to contact ME - and yet they do. I don't believe they actually have my full soc - as long as I see nothing on my credit report, I'm happy.

I figure eventually they have to stop calling, since I was never actually reported to collections, but I am taking steps to bring the rod down on them. They do not follow the law, and in cases like mine, they are actively breaking the law by attempting to steal.

• Mg
    mgres001 Feb 10, 2010

there is the United Consumer Advocacy Network (UCAN) their web address is ucan.net. They are a tremendous help and protect your rights for NO cost. Creditors are NOT legally allowed to contact ANY member of your famliy or call your work IF they have a valid phone number for you. There is also a limit to the amount of times per day they can call you.

This REALLY helped me out. First Source was calling me AT LEAST 10 times a day AND I could not understand a thing he said. SUPER FRUSTRATING! He refused to put someone else on the phone stating he was assigned to my account. Well, didn't have money so I stopped answering the calls. They then began calling my parents and work in an attempt to embarass me (which it did) in order to get me to return calls.

That is when I did some research and learned of UCAN. I contacted them and the calls completely stopped ALL together.

I strongly suggest anyone to utilize their services if you are in the same position as me. BIG RELIEF!

• Gm
    G-Mann Feb 10, 2010

This agency, First Source Advantage, is using phone numbers they get from where ever to go fishing for the person they are attempting to collect dept from. The ###s, Jason, called a police officers department cell phone number and had been leaving messages for some other person. It appears that the person that they wanted to collect dept from is pretty smart or First Source Advantage is very dumb because the phone number is in the police departments name? The cop called them and got the run around he already knew they were a collection agency so the funny thing is that their are laws outside of collection laws in that state that this company is in violation of by doing this. Think about this, a misleading phone call, using the number to fish for the person, no collection letter, not clearly identifying as a collection agency, and you call the police department to do it all. These people are calling and harassing others looking for another person and they are stupid enough to call the cops and play out there activity...Priceless. After hearing this story I looked up the company name and man, they have a ton of complaints with this type of activity done to everyday citizens .

• Co
    CollectorGrandma Feb 09, 2010

I have been a Credit/Collections Supervisor/Manager for over 20yrs. First Source Advantage however, does indeed break the law. My son-n-law lost his job and has been out of work for over a year now. They have still been able to pay ALL of their bills on time except for one credit card -now turned over to First Source Advantage. They call my house relentlessly. Just this morning I kindly told the lady to remove my number because my daughter did not live in my home and this was not my debt. She flat refused to do so. I will indeed be reporting them as soon as I finish typing this comment!
    Perhaps we should post the FDPCA guidelines for all to reveiw since apparantly some do not know the laws and yet claim to be "bill collectors".
    SoHail, you do not need to comment here if you cannot speak the comman language.
    Watchaknow, you are correct in that we bill collectors have a job to do. However, if we are professional bill collectors, we WILL follow the law -regardless of what our company may tell us is "standard procedure". If you work for a company like First Source Advantage, I would suggest you report them! You can be sued yourself so be careful when making those dreaded calls.
    We all know that making your house payment, transportation, utilities and keeping food on the table is the most important. Everything else is just "stuff". Most Americans are in deep debt over the need for "stuff". However, there are a few that had the income to pay for this "stuff" until the economy took it's recent turn. I would bet many of these folks had perfect credit -as someone mentioned above, never late on any bills unil they or a spouse lost their job.
    The economy turn has hopefully taught us all NOT to go in debt. Pay CASH for the "stuff" and we wouldn't have these problems. Of course then us bill collectors would be out of jobs and we would be getting calls to pay for our "stuff"!
    Yes, I am a collector but I DO NOT use threats or harrasing phone calls to get paid. I treat people the way I would want to be treated. Believe me, you get much, much farther this way. I have met and exceeded ALL of my monthly collection goals using this tactic! It works and it's the honorable thing to do!
    Everyone needs to "chill"...AND Ignore First Source Advantage and others like them. When and IF you're actually sued and have to appear in court, you can always make a deal then with the attorney or even with the judge!
    Have a great day!!...and DON'T Charge it if you don't have the CASH to pay for it!

• Ta
    talk360 Jan 09, 2010

WATCH WO WE KNOW!!!-I hope more ppl that have had simular things like this done to them start telling everyone. I AM FED UP WITH every1 blaming= debtors*$ & collectos*actions COLLECTORS R going to far when they say "PAY UR BILLS" "STP CRYING" ITS UR FAULT"thats a personal statement NOT JUST DOING UR JOB and then those who wanna pick on any1's spelling just dont have a gd come back (come on, 4 real) NO 1 IS PERFECT duh; But no need to lie to creditors or cunsumers!!! THEY CAN NOT CALL U AT WORK (like they told me they could ) IF U TELL THEM ITS NOT ALLOWED< TH EY CANT CALL AT CERTAIN TIMES if u tell them what good time to call is. I understand they read a script & get told 2 do things a certain way
    BUT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND how MOST COLLECTORS handle the situation, if the person gets mad tell them its just company policy & they personally understand. IN LIFE s*** HAPPENS if YOU r human than u know how humanity goes<TO HUMILIATE a person only causes more problems. NO STRANGER can know anothers current situation, just remember what goes around comes around. ^PS; IM A DEBTOR, slowly digging out its a process just like everything else.^ Imagine
    * when $ is short prioritys come 1st. think outside the box- money is not worth a life, life is not all about $,
    ( a child died yesterday & creditor says 2 the mom pay ur bills & calls will stop)
    ( a debtor yells at the collector saying "get a real job punk" not knowing the collector was on wheels= disabled)

• Wa
    watchaknow? Dec 28, 2009

alright listen..first of all this is all a mess understand us bill collectors have to do our job by client standards!..not our decesion so dont blame the agency were just following standards set by the client..we have no control over this we are just trying to stay employed..if someone says theyll call u in a month..theyre lieing..we are required..varying upon the states..to call at least 2 times a week at res numbewrs and 1 a week at poe (place of employment)..so dont blame us..second of all everything is recorded but we wouldnt call three times a day unless we havent made contact you..by law we are aloud to do so..so..stop crying..pay ur bill..and you wont recieve anymore calls..its a simple deal!

• Pi
    pinky89 Dec 07, 2009

I just checked my credit report as I am trying to buy a home. This is the only negative thing on my bureau and they can't even answer what it is. They tell me it is for a medical bill in another state. I have never been to the said hospital that they are charging me for. I am a debt collector and I know my rights. I do think we should have to pay our bills and as unfortunate as it is "job loss" is a risk we are aware of when we charge items. I collect for a certain hardware store and the things people charge are not necessities. I don't know where to go from here with the debt. I have disputed it. I have never even recieved a bill from this company. You would think they would send me a bill so they could get there money versus letting it charge off. Had I not pulled my credit report, I wouldn't have noticed the account. Beware of faulty collectors and know your rights. Also know that it is your debt and no one forced you to charge these things. Answer the phone and be polite, as those collectors can help you or harm you.

• Ie
    ienat Nov 15, 2009

I spoke with one gentleman at this company who was patient and let me explain my situation. I took his name and reference number and he said he would be in contact in a month. Not more than a week later I get a call from someone who wouldn't repeat his name when I asked him to repeat. I told him of my previous conversation with his associate but he just interrupted and told me that unless I could give him payment right then they were going to send this to the court. Once again I told him I couldn't pay the amount he demanded but a small portion as my income is 1/4 of what it was previously...the idiot refused my payment offer. He quickly told me that my refusal to pay would result in me paying all the attorney and court fees than hung up.

• Me
    Melissa Mar 31, 2009

I have a very small credit card that I haven't paid due to income limitations (call me crazy, but I pay my mortgage first, and put food on my table...) I spoke with someone once, and explained that I didn't get paid for a couple more weeks, and that I would be sending my payment to the credit card company that I owed the money to. After this call, they continued to call me EVERY DAY at least 10-12 times. (I finally stopped answering my phone altogether.)

Today, they called AGAIN. They said that I told them I would be sending a money order to them. Uh, no. That's not what I said. I told them I get paid next week and would be sending something to the credit card company itself, since they are still sending me statements. The guy I spoke with got very upset at that (because they get a commission on whatever they actually collect, and I'm taking money out of their pockets). he got really nasty and said "well, that's fine - if that's what YOU want to do. But, in 6 months, when you're still getting calls from us, we tried to tell you..." Then he proceeded to try to get me to do a check by phone TODAY.

This company is probably the most unprofessional and rude one I've ever dealt with.

• So
    so fed up Mar 19, 2009

I am currently dealing with FirstSource. We had to give back my car do to financial situation we had contacted the company that financed the loan and they would not lower the payment to keep us in the car we had no other choice! Since that time First Source has called us at home, at that time they told my husband we will settle your dept for half the amount but you have to pay it now he then we on to tell my husband that he needed his checking account and routing number and my husband said I cant give you that kind of money are you guys that stupid I would have kept the car if I had it. He then tells my husband he wont except the amount we offered to pay. It has to be more. It was at this point that I told my husband give me the phone and I said to the "SUPERVISOR" I dont know who you are and how do I know you are who you say you are. I have nothing to look at, he then states well we sent you a letter I responded well I dont have it and Im not giving you anything over the phone and I want a letter stating that you are denying the amount of our payment and that we are settling for half of the amount he stated 'NO' I wont give that to you in writing. I responded back, well then we have nothing more to say until I have something in writing and I will have our attorney look at the letter you say you already sent to us. The letter that we did recieve clearly states that we have 30 days to respond, and as you can tell from above they contacted us before we got anything and have been calling everyday ever since. They target my hasband cell phone everyday at work until we can meet with our attoney we dont answer the calls if they are being made to the house show up as unknown and when the machine picks up no message is left. I for one will not put up with their crap. FIGHT BACK!!! We are trying to make good on this dept but his company wants blood.

• De
    denise Feb 05, 2009

SO HAIL, YOU NEED TO SPELL RIGHT, BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY COMMENT ON THIS BOARD

• So
    sohail Jan 25, 2009

any which ways u owe thnm money sd u hv to pay on any circumstances u people just criba nd cre that u dnt hv job dnt hv ..mny...sd what u were doing till the time ur a/c got charged off.. its ur fault..

• Pr
    priscilla Nov 09, 2008

I settled an account with capital management services in 2004 for almost half what my debt was, never recieved settlement letter, now being sued for almost my original debt