First National Bankpoor service provided

S Review updated:

In Jan 2006, The first national bank offered me an overdraft by Atm as a I was busy withdrawing funds on my cheque account and I accepted without knowing the conditions of this facility. When left me previous employment I did not hear from FNB either that they were intending to delete my overdraft facility, I subsequently recieved employment elsewhere and bank with a different bank although all my debit orders were / are still running through this account and I am mainatining it the same way dispite banking elsewhere because of the exceptional service I recieved from this bank in the last 12 years. Until this morning 25.2.08 that A gentleman from the FNB branch contacted me to ascertain why my salary did not get paid on this account today, I asked him why He said one of his colleagues had contacted me sometime back and I commited to redirect my salary to this FNB cheque account , That was news in my ears because no body " I mean no body" from this branch contacted me about my salary where I commited to redirect it to this account by the 25.2.08. Then we agreed that I will redirect in March 08 only . Then a huge deposit of money cam through and I obviously wanted to access my funds and then only learnt that my account has been blocked for further use until salary gets paid into this account . I immediately visited a branch and they put me through the gentlement I had spokent to 3 hrs ago ( in the morning) He told me that hat the bank is concerned that I may not be able to pay the overdraft back since I am now bankink else where, I then asked him to deduct the amount owing in full ( the overdraft amount not even 40 % of the the amount deposited on my account) I could not understand what is the big fuss about , However this guy said He will make a deal between us that I recieve my funds in full and redirect the salary next month . I left the bank.
10 minutes later he called again that I need to sign acknowledgement of debt that I owe FNB money on the overdraft facility and that They cannot release my other held unaccounted for funds until I sign this peace of paper at the branch again.
I told him out of frustration that I find it difficult that the bank has a trust issue with me after all, because the overdraft was given to me in a clamsy way in that no one explained the conmditions of the overdraft not explained anything as all this happened on a ATM machine and noe He is coming up with Stories , AFter He apologised He hung up the phone and still failed to lift the Hard hold on my account as promiosed and It looks like He is exercising his power to ensure that I only recieve my money when he & his superior wish if I will ever .
Moral of the story is that the First National bank is became a poor service provider that only puts itself before the client and goes all out to incinvinience a client . and it means A client must go sit in the queues at the branch 4/5 times a day then it is fine with this BANK!!!
I am an extremely upset about this matter . AS the money in my account is not all I owe then, what stops them from taking their money and leave mine so that I can close my account and move one to other client orientated banks.
The choice is wide for consumers ...

• Updated by Clinton O'Donnell · Sep 16, 2019

I tried to get an OTP no a week ago I was told I will receive it within 24 hours to date nothing

• Updated by Clinton O'Donnell · Sep 16, 2019

To communicate with you is impossible either by phone or email as you do not answer back

• Si
    siphokazi Ledwaba Feb 25, 2008

The choice is wide for consumers ...

• Ry
    ryan hollander Jul 22, 2008

Hi

On the 11 of July I TRIED to draw R500 from a SASWITCH at the mall in Rosebank, but for some reason the SASWITCH was not able to process my request. I have just checked on my FNB credit card account and see that R 16.35 has been charged for the transaction.
    I am not sure exactly what this charge was for, and I did not benefit anything from this transaction, so why should I pay for it.
    Please can you get back to me ASAP as I am extremely upset about this issue

Regards

Ryan Hollander
    Cell 072 390 6147
    E-mail [email protected]

• Ta
    Tanyav777 Jul 11, 2016

On 10 June 2016 I took my son to Medicross Birchleigh x-ray department for x-rays. I swiped by card once and enterd my pin once only but the amount of R415.53 was debited twice.

I contact my bank FNB for assistance and they refered met back to Medicross

I explained to the call centre consultant that I've been trying to get a refund Medicross & Radmin for 3 weeks now

• Ra
    Rapule Nokhangela Aug 15, 2018

I cannot be expected to pay those charges which add up to R100 per debit order.

• Li
    Lizekasb Aug 29, 2018

The forex tab on my business account on online login was removed I have contacted my relationships manager several times since the 16/06/2018, nothing has been done till this day

• Mi
    minnelene Sep 19, 2018

Good day
    ive made a transfer from Absa to my son who is a FNB account holder and after 5hours the money is not cleared - i did made sure that ive ticket the pay immediate option and yet no moeny. Absa confirmed the problem is with FNB. Can u please clear the money he needs to buy food. Smart account 62389608252 Mr LD Koegelenberg .

thanks

John Mpande Oct 27, 2018

I don't understand your charges how much you charge for the whole month? Today I pay my bills in different shops and in my account was left N$ 2044.00 dollars but when I check my balance now is only N$1013.00 dollars now who withdraw the other 1000 dollars?

• Mukesh kumar sah Nov 04, 2018

Wya not give me lottery praise wya
    My name is Mukesh kumar sah
    My mobile number +971523062810 this number is the uae

Sammy Machethe Nov 12, 2018

I have also logged a call with FNB reference number: 1126136

• Ph
    Phumzile Xaba Jan 22, 2019

they did not settle my capitec loan they say i took a top up loan yet that is not what they said when they offered me the loan, i am being sent from pillar to post, i am asking for recordings of calls made through to me no one is assisting

• Zo
    Zola Bushula Feb 11, 2019

Hi there,

Earlier on this week I received an sms saying 'Your egoli rewards R135.00 debit will bill 31 Jan sold to you by Dialler comm' mind you I don't even know who these people are, I can't event reverse the debit order becuase it doesn't give me an option to on my phone app + online banking.

This is not the first time this has happened!

• He
    Henk Bosman Apr 10, 2019

I have contacted my private banker to assist me twice on message and phoned her and she sayd she will get back to me, nothing. this is going on for the last 3 weeks.

• Li
    Lisa.B29 May 14, 2019

I have more than enough funds in my account but my card keeps declining. I put the correct pin in too and it still declines. I need to access my money but i cannot and its absolute nonsense !!!

ChrisBarnard Aug 05, 2019

Your official website is pitiful in its lack of contact information for deceased estates...unless this department has its own ghost website. What's with that ?

• Cl
    Clinton O'Donnell Sep 22, 2019

ID no 5508085021084
    I have called many times and emailed in a daily basis to get a OTP no without success.
    What must I do I am currently in the UK and can't visit a branch
    Clinton O'Donnell

Email [email protected]

• Th
    The Takalani Oct 22, 2019

My debit card was rejected even though there is enough money?

Johny Jansen van vuuren Nov 05, 2019

FNB is the worst fucking bank in south africa. The are much like tho goverment because the dont do shit to assit their customers. Im trying to get n cell phone cotract but cant becaise they decline it. I get credit from other banks but not my own. And you speak to 10 people and no one knows what they should do becase of incompetance. Fuck you fnb.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices