First Horizon Home LoansHELOC

J

As of (06/02/2008) my First Horizon H.E.L.O.C. was closed. I was given no notice even though the customer service representative said a letter was sent last week of 05/26/2008. I have made all my payments but First Horizon made the business decision to close my account in where I can only pay my bill. After searching many websites I found that First Horizon closed their Home Equity Loan center last year. No one from First Horizon has made their consumers aware of this. I would have appreciated a letter stating my contract terms, a reasonable explanation for closing, what the options are, etc..etc...I signed up a bank account just over a month ago to be able to transfer funds between my account and my H.E.L.O.C. I am sure that the representative knew about their H.E.L.O.C. division closing and didn't say a word to me. This is poor communication between the customer and the bank.

Chris Aug 15, 2008

First Horizon has horrible customer service and communication skills. I will never recommend them.

• Ft
    FTB IS SHADY Apr 03, 2009

I couldn't agree more with you. I used to work for First Tennessee Bank, their sister bank, and they are one of the worst banks. Their training is pathetic. I feel sorry about your situation with your HELOC, but the majority of the time they do not tell their employees anything about whats going on. Their emphasis is on sales, sales, sales. They don't care about the customers just about how many of products can we sell them. "Who cares if they need it or not you have a quota to make if you want to keep your job" That and they just disgust me. Oh yeah, their motto "Employees First" was completely ripped out of a book. That is total bull. If you are thinking about getting a job with them or have a job with them...WATCH YOUR BACK. If you are a current customer...WATCH YOUR ACCOUTS AND THOSE FEES. If you are thinking of becoming a customer...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.