Fifth Third Bank — payment holds
I just received a letter from Fifth Third today telling me that there is a hold for 9 days on my Fifth Third HELOC, as I just paid the outstanding balance down to zero from my Fifth Third business account to my Fifth Third HELOC account. And, I did this in person, at a branch office. Correct me if I am wrong, but this payment transfer was made from an available, verified balance in a Fifth Third checking account to another Fifth Third HELOC account-- both in my name. It's completely an in-house transaction, and Fifth Third writes to me that for "payment verification reasons" the credit on the HELOC will not be available for 9 days. How incompetent does a bank have to be to take 9 days to clear moving money from its right hand to its left hand. If I were to have gone in and asked for the money to be wired OUT-- they would gladly do that instantaneously (for a $30 fee, of course).
Customer service manager (Willoughby Sexton [sp?]) tells me that this is not crazy, but written in the contract. It's policy. I received absolutely no empathy from Willoughby-- just by the book, take it or leave it.
I'd like for Fifth Third to be taken to task for such a crazy policy. I don't understand how they can do this-- especially to longtime, 22 year customers (and 6 years business customer).
I wish I had contact information for P. Brian Moore, VP at Fifth Third, as I'd like to tell him personally how upset this makes me, and how I will begin shopping for a new bank tomorrow.
More Fifth Third Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service!
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info)
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice
- Fifth Third Bank - new here:)
- Fifth Third Bank - stealing money through overdraft fees!
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory fees and deposit blocks on business checking
- Fifth Third Bank - total disregard of customers
- Fifth Third - lien release