Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial Logo

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial

Having problems with Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial?

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 13, 2008. The latest review Plumbing leak in my attic was posted on Jun 6, 2021. The latest complaint Repairs Often Denied was resolved on Aug 23, 2012. Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 21 reviews. Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial has resolved 6 complaints.

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial Customer Service Contacts

1850 Gateway Blvd STE 400
Concord, California
United States - 94520-8446

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial Customer Service. Initial Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial. Discuss the issues you have had with Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financial Complaints & Reviews

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National FinancialPlumbing leak in my attic

I called when I saw a leak in my bathroom on 6/1 afternoon. I explained that it was urgent. They said they would send out a service provider. Service provider calls me and scheduled appointment for 3 days later for 6/4/2021 they stated they were busy and could not make it out sooner. I wait for 6/4/2021 appointment. Service provider shows up with his 4yr old daughter and he states that there is not way there could be plumbing in the my attic and he can not go up there because he does not have a ladder. I saw his truck and he had a ladder. He said that Fidelity National Home warrant would have to contact me and sent a different service provider. I was confused because all he did was look at the ceiling for 10 seconds and he said he could not do it. I called Fidelity and waited 2 hrs to talk to them and they said they would send another service provider so they can diagnose the problem. I was not contacted in over 5 hrs so I called again and tried to find out what was next. They said to wait a few hours. I waited and I called again and waited 2 more hrs to follow up on the next step. They said I would be getting a call in a few hours again. I was not called and I called again on 6/5 to follow up. I was still not called. This last phone call I was able to get a hold of someone in 5 minutes and they said I will be getting a call by tomorrow morning. I have been waiting to get a repair done and I have not been able to resolve the issue. During this time the water damage to my bathroom has spread from a leak in the ceiling to water damage in the ceiling, 2 different walls, water is coming out of the wall in the next bathroom, the floors, the bathroom cabinets are al swollen, and I am without the ability to use my water due to fear of creating more damage with the water.
work order number #8234287
Contract # Y19034

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National FinancialHome warranty service - washing machine

Bought a new house and the seller bought the FNHW home warranty which includes appliances.
    The washing machine would not do the spin cycle, the service man came by (7/25) and tried to replace the part (8/3) and could not fix it, now the machine would not even run. He sent in the report (8/4) saying that the washing machine is not fixable, needs to be replaced.
    I called 4 times: (8/5) the report is not yet in system (8/7) pushed up to manager (8/13) checking with the service man and call me back, never did (8/15) not doing anything, denied that the report from the service man was never received, claiming pre-existing condition, and hung up on me.

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financialhome warranty

Much like the others who have reviewed this company, I failed to do my research. After purchasing my home in April of this year, the power went out in one of our bathrooms sometime in the middle of the night (6 months later). At the time the power happened, nothing was turned on, plugged in and There was nothing using the power. In the morning I attempted to flip the dedicated GFCI breaker at the electrical panel and it would not turn on, it was completely fried. I placed a service request and FNHW and they sent out one of their contracted "specialists" to take a look. This was an electrical vendor who has had a long relationship of working with FNHW company (conflict of interest). It was clear that the the electrician had a pre-scripted response to the electrical issue, a "power overload" which he had said before he even opened up the panel to investigate, total scam. Despite the numerous publications and specific wording on their website that state they cover "electrical components and electrical wiring", the warranty does not somehow cover power over loads?! What world are we living in where this is acceptable and/or legal? I think a class action lawsuit is long overdue for this company and it should be organized. They charged me another $75 for this waste of my time staying home from work. It was also a waste of my time speaking with the three "customer service professionals" who should have no business working serving customers or working in role that requires them to interact with people; prisoners are spoken to with more respect. All three "professionals" were rude, one laughed at the situation, and another hung up on me after I asked for a refund of my warranty. I will make sure anyone I l know is seeking advice on a new home warranty to stay WAY clear of this "service".

Fidelity National Home Warranty / Fidelity National Financialtheir so called contract

I have been with Fidelity for several years, paying but not needing service except the last couple of years when I have requested service, got delays, rude customer service, terminal hold on the phone, etc. The last service call was the kicker when I called about a rusted water joint under my kitchen sink. The plumber came and said it wasn't the joint but the clasp holing the joint and that part wasn't covered. He said he could fix it by replacing my perfectly good but old garbage disposal, After he replaced it, the new one didn't work and he said the outlet was wired wrong and would need an electrician which took a couple of days because I had to go through Fidelity. After a few days the electician showed and had the problem fixed in under a 1/2 minute. The plumber Fidelity had sent for a simple joint replacement, but instead had replaced my perfectly good garbage disposal, had plugged the new disposal in the wrong outlet and that was why it didn't work. The electician was disgusted and said he would report it to Fidelity.
        I am on a fixed, limited income and really can't afford this insurance so I asked to cancel and get a prorated refund. I got a letter from Fidelity that stated that 128 unused days were prorated for a total of $229.12 which seems about right but then they had the gall to say that the contract could not be canceled except for (a)non-payment, (b)for Seller if close of escrow doesn't occur or (c)fraud; and that there were $50 administrative fee and $512.97 service costs (not sure what for) which leaves $333.85 owed.
        I say this is fraud (misrepresentation of facts by Fidelity) on there part because they don't want to follow thru with authorized repairs and have bogus contractors who add extra services and parts then don't even know how to plug in the part properly. I found out later that the sink part cost under $10 and a friend of my son's could have talked him thru the repair. Instead there's the charge for the plumber's 2 visits, the garbage disposal I didn't need and the charge for the electrician who got a good laugh at the stupidity of the plumber in not know how to plug in the disposal. I'm assuming that is what the charges are for.
        Under the circumstances cited above I feel the desired resolution would be a full refund of $655.00 contract price because of the ineptitude of Fidelity in provide competent repairmen that caused a lot of inconvenience and stress for me. I had to cancel 2 doctor appointments to wait on the servicemen.

Fidelity National Home Warranty — service order and vendor problem

I've been with Fidelity for years actually worked with a Raney Derthick when I was a realtor and except for...

Fidelity National Home WarrantyCentral air conditioning system

After providing proof of no pre existing conditions with the air handling unit, fidelity national home warranty denied our claim to cover the air handler. Their only rebuttal was that the drain pan had rust on the surface. Compressor was replaced on 7/21/17 and the techs did a complete inspection and pressure check and found no issues. After speaking with representative Ashey, she transferred us to her supervisor who was very rude and accused us of falsely filling a claim 3 days after we closed on our home, even though it's been over 2 weeks. Buying this house has been a blessing for our family but dealing with Fidelity National Home Warranty has been a nightmare!

Fidelity National Home Warrantyair conditioner

I have called several times to get my AC fixed, waiting on hold about an hour and 45 minutes each time and they keep sending unauthorized vendors to fix it. They show up and say they can't do anything. It has been ten days of this. It is the dead of summer! I've got the warranty and paid the service fee for nothing? I wish I had chosen a local warranty company so I could speak face to face with someone and hold them accountable.

air conditioner

Fidelity National Home Warranty — Buyer beware!!! Poster boy for scam artist!

My HVAC system has failed and is not repairable. A replacement was recommended by HVAC technician and...

Fidelity National Home Warranty — Garbage Disposal and Air Conditioner

We moved into our home and shortly thereafter encountered a failed Air Conditioning Unit and failed garbage...

Fidelity National Home WarrantyAwful service

Awful. Called for service on garage openers that were not working. Sent tech, who inspected, called Fidelity, then informed me it was not covered, but he could fix it and my total costs would be $100, which I paid on the spot. Then I get an invoice from Fidelity for a $65 service fee. The contract states the service fee is due even if the claim is not covered. That is not nice, but I get it. What is not okay is: 1) I clearly explained the problem over the phone when ordered the service, so they should have told me then it was likely not covered, and 2) I paid their agent service tech the amount he said was my total cost, $100, which I expected included any fees due by Fidelity. I called to discuss and they were rude and did not budge. They state they will not process any additional service calls until I pay up.

Fidelity National Home WarrantyDis honest / Bad co.

Bad Co., Rude custermer service people . They will not fix my furnace, which has been red tagged by propane co. and by a Certified HVAC tech. . The is the second thing that they had denied to fix now on my home .
                They sure do want you to buy their warranty but then will not go by their own contract and make up rules on the spot to be able to not cover the claim. So now what am I supposed to do, this means that I a SR. Citizen will be without any heat this coming winter., I live on a very small SS check, do not have any money to buy a new furnace and have it installed. This co. is a rip off. .

Fidelity Home Warranty — RIP OFF

This is the biggest con artist company I have here run into. The warranty is complete crap and cover...

Fidelity National Home WarrantyChanged reasons 3 times

The home warranty was bought by the seller so we had no choice in the company but we can promise that we will never buy from again or recommend this company. First of all, we had poor customer service. We never got calls; we had to call them to find out any thing. The rep called us back once after we had to call her. First the company said, they shouldn't have to cover cause the incident happened the night of clothing. Their next excuse after us proving closing and no waiting period...was that it was preexisting. After sending two papers showing it was cleared by two separate inspectors, they decided their third excuse was that they didn't cover sump pumps- only waste pumps. Same thing people! Thanks for making a bad situation worse. We will be calling the BBB!

Fidelity Home Warranty — Repairs Often Denied

We purchased a Fidelity National Home Warranty for our primary residence, which has a pool. So of course we...

Fidelity Home Warranty — HVAC

If you are about to purchase your home, be aware of Fidelity Home Warranty as your home insurance. It all...

Fidelity Home Warranty Company — Disgraceful service

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, one of the worst companies to ever attempt to market customer...

Pinon Hills

Fidelity Home WarrantyPoor Customer Service

We purchased the one year home warranty from Fidelity (what a mistake). My plumbing backed up within a month of the purchase. They sent a plumber out and temporarily fixed it. We continued to haveissues wit it, called them again, another plumber came out. He was great, told us the plumbing under the sink was constructed incorrectly. The Fidelity rep wanted to talk to me. She was rude and unprofessional as I explained the situation. When I explained how it became clogged (per the plumber) she said "I don't care how it got clogged". I insisted on speaking to her supervisor, she said "You will only get an answering machine".The next day I filed a formal complaint...but word to the wise, they are TERRIBLE>

Fidelity National Home WarrantyBAD SERVICE

DON"T EVER BUY A HOME WARRANTY FROM FIDELITY NATIONAL HOME WARRANTY. BAD SERVICE EVER AND TRYING TO REFUSED SERVICE BY MAKING UP SO MANY EXCUSES. I WILL NEVER IN LIFE RENEW WITH THEM. THEY WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE WHEN YOU CALL THEM FOR SERVICE.

• Lu
                          Luisur May 24, 2012

I can't agree more. I didn't have A/C last year for three months and now it broke again... here it is:
                          It all started last summer... I got a house and decided to buy their insurance.
                          Through out all this, please keep in mind I live in Arizona where the summers are extremely long and hot.

I should have started this blog last year as obviously I have forgotten the details but in summary, we ended up NOT having air conditioning for three long months!
                          As it turns out, my A/C system is full of problems but as you can imagine, the insurance company will never make the correct repairs, they will just keep patching the issues until you go crazy!

During those long 3 months, Fidelity was kind enough to reimburse me up to $45 for a fan... really??
                          They kept sending different HVAC companies until they got the answer they wanted. It turns out I needed a new coil. Well, it took a month and a half to get the new coil fabricated. By the time my AC was up an running, the summer was gone and we never had a real chance to see if the AC was working... But I always knew there I would have issues this summer based on what all the other HVAC companies told me.

Fidelity National Home Warranty — Insurance Fruad

I purchased the Home Warranty Insurance Program from Fidelity National Home Warranty and they are a rip off...

Sahuarita

Fidelity National Home WarrantyAwful experience

Fidelity Home warranty uses nice sounding words like 'A Fidelity National Home Warranty (FNHW) provides both the homebuyer and seller with 'peace of mind' when it comes to repairs and/or replacement of a home's major systems and appliances' when selling their policy. But I feel its a complete rip off.

Recently, I filed a service request when I found out, there was water under my kitchen sink. They sent a plumber, who determined the leakage was due to wearing of sealant around the faucet. My wife asked him to fix it but he refused saying Fidelity insurance will fix /replace the faucet but will not cover any failure due to wearing off of sealant or caulk. He demanded $50 service charge for coming to this conclusion. I was so surprised by his conclusion, that I called Fidelity and asked them about this. They told me to read my contract and lo and behold, their contract excludes any wear and tear due to caulking. So in essence Fidelity is telling me caulking is not part of plumbing. I can imagine if at all Fidelity replaces a faucet, the plumber they send is not going to put a water seal around the faucet.

Why does Fidelity do this ? I am sure they conducted an audit, which showed them that most of the service calls they were getting regarding plumbing was due to failure of sealants or caulking. So they decided to exclude it. What a nice way to deny a claim. On top of it, I cannot even cancel their plan as I already paid for it upfront. What a 'peace of mind' for Fidelity, they have your money.

Is it worth buying their policy just for the sake of just big appliances ? I had another bad experience last year. I had a GE Profile Stainless steel Refrigerator in my house. For some reason, the freezer could not maintain low temperature. I called Fidelity and they sent out a Sears Home technician. He came out and changed a part. Now the refrigerator started freezing everything kept in it. Even milk and food kept in it would freeze. I called Fidelity again. They sent the technician. The problem did not go away. I made nearly 6 service calls, and the technician came nearly 10 times. Every time they give you a 6 hour window and I had to take half day off from work to wait for him. I called Fidelity and asked them, why are they not simply replacing the refrigerator as they promise in their contracts. They response, they never promise, they will replace an appliance. They will think of it only when, the total cost of repairs exceeds $1000 for a $1600 refrigerator. Even after 6 service costs, the total cost was only $600.

So in essence Fidelity is telling me it never cares about its customer's convenience or 'peace of mind' as they put it in their ads. The supervisor I talked to never cared about all those half days of leave I had to take from my job and all those $50s I paid for service calls. They were only hoping I will get fed up and replace the refrigerator my self or stop calling them. Thats what I ended up doing in the end. I could not afford to buy another refrigerator but I just started buying milk for 2 days. It never brought me 'peace of mind', it only brought me a big hassle. I will dump them when I get first opportunity.

• Fi
                            Fidelity Nov 03, 2010

Bottom line! Home Warranty is a scam. Don't buy any of them. Do you think that you could get they money that easily?

• Ed
                            Ed Harris Feb 12, 2009

I'm a customer with Fidelity National. The policy was bought for us by the seller of our house.

I'm not sure that you're being reasonable. Do you have any idea what plumbers charge? $50 for having a plumber come to your house and diagnose a problem is cheap! If the sealant is the problem, you can go to Home Depot and reseal the sink yourself for maybe $10.

Any insurance policy has exclusions that exclude the most common problems and they do spell out what they cover and don't cover in the policy.