Factory Buys Directdeluthe forge dual fuel ventless gas stove df25 sms

L Dec 06, 2018 Review updated:

Purchased 7/29/18 and was not hooked up with gas until October 2018. The stove stopped working on Sunday November 25 2018. Emergency situation, ONG was call and declared the stove not working and the logs contaminated. The gas was shut off. I notified factory buys direct and was sent five things to answer about the stove, then take pictures and that was not good enough...some internal picture of some part. Then ship the stove, then ship the stove back without the logs, then just the part returned, then the stove...all at my expense. I have already had a professional ONG Tech and supervisor out and say the stove is not working ( at my expense. )Then another tech at my expense take pictures and make sure it is disconnected from the wall. All this and I do not trust a relatively new stove being repaired or this company. It will cost more to send it with the other expenses than repairing the stove. And Now I AM STILL COLD.

• Oc
    OCharlie Oct 30, 2019

Let me tell you about my experience with "Factory Buys Direct". My purchase was made on eBay for a re certified gas logs. 1st it didn't arrive as seller guaranteed. They blamed it on eBay & UPS. 4 days late. Next the log set was made in July 2014. Older than one I was replacing. That was ok because I wanted logs with remote start. Remote receiver has old batteries and one had leaked and corroded the receiver. I cleaned corrosion with electric contact clearer and installed new batteries. Receiver will not connect to remote. I have sent email after email via eBay to seller. They wanted pictures, sent pictures. Then wanted me to send receiver & remote to them and they then would send me another. Explained I could only use logs with receiver manually, will not light without receiver. So I would be with the use of logs until they sent another receiver(this is their long standing process). They told me I could request through eBay for a return of complete system. I had paid to have logs installed and they think I could I guess pay to have remove and ship 68 LB set back to them for credit. I am 73 not able just pickup and carry to Mailpac store for UPS pickup. My installer destroyed box after installed. I have gave up on Factory Buys Direct correcting the problem of item sold to me as re certified. I have a log set over 5 years old that will not work remotely as described by seller.
    I can only say, BUYER BEWARE!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices