European Business Center / MailboxUK.comFraud

Our company, a corporate relocation, real-estate mediation, and financial advisory company in the Netherlands, catering mainly to UK clients, are currently preparing a lawsuit against European Business Center, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- due to a recent discovery of a negleigence of unimaginable and unforgivable proportions from their side.

Our whole team has been called in during the weekend, and we are currently working overtime to estimate the actual financial loss caused by them - a job that involves contacting all our clients and will probably take another week.

The background is as follows:

In August 2008, I signed up for a service including a designated telephone line for message taking from customers preferring to reach us through a UK landline number. The order was confirmed on August 7th by e-mail, and I was allocated our Wakefield landline telephone number. This number was subsequently printed on all business cards and outgoing communication.

On August 27th I received a second invoice for a one-month fee of exteding the service. Upon telephone communication it was agreed that I would switch over to annual invoicing instead. Although I had to wait a bit I eventually receved this invoice. This invoice was paid on October 25th, with a total of £352, 50 - supposedly extending this service until September 7th, 2009.

Now in May, when trying to follow up why we had all of a sudden lost business from previous, year-long clients - it turned out that clent after client had in deed tried to reach us on the number assigned Stuart Poppelton, EBC Wakefield - but either gotten 1) no answer at all, 2) answer in a totally different company name - and upon specificaly asking for me - and this is the by far worst: received the response that me or my company "did not exist".

A couple of clients have also reported - independently from each other - that the person answering the phone seemed to be under the influence of alcohol.

Up to date I have managed to track down 23 clients - in 2009 alone - who, due to this, has taken there business elsewhere. Out of these 23 I have received written confirmation so far that they would be will be happy to make 1) a detailed calculation of the business ment for us which they took elswhere - as well as 2) testify in court should further legal action become necessary.

We trusted European Business Center, Wakefield completely as being responsible for handeling both our e-mail and our telephone communications towards our more than 120 UK clients- something they utterly failed to do. They market themselves as a reputable, internationally renowned firm providing a serious "virtual office" prescence to clients worldwide.
However, a background check - still also in progress by our solicitors - so far indicate that this company is little more than a boiler-room scam. I would - at the strongest - therefore like to discurage any fellow serious businesses from taking use of their services.

AW Schulz
WS Holding

Bruno Domingues Oct 26, 2012

The comment from stinkywinky has been reported by Stuart to the police now because someone called saying they saw this comment here.

It is very bad taste to flame people like this, people who come online and think they can say all the crap they want without consequences.

Whoever reads these posts please note these rumors are false, posted with ill-intent by people who enjoy talking crap hide behind computer screens thinking it will all be anonymous.

I'm at this moment working from European Business Centre offices until December and been here since June plus am not hiding behind a screen or being anonymous. Anyone interested please do check my company website:

or my blog, which I just started this week so it is not very complete yet:

Regards,
    Bruno

• St
    stinkywinky Jun 21, 2012

AW Schulz, was that you? http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/cgi-bin/mt425/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=49&search=Shady+%22multi-million%22+banking+web+liquidated+ ? Your story smells indeed, a "financial adviser" relocates to small Wakefield? Why wouldn't you have gone to London? One part of the story however appears to have some traces of truth - "the person answering the phone seemed to be under the influence of alcohol." - Stuart Poppleton is often seen in the Red Kite Pub in Wakefield during business hours...

Bruno Domingues Nov 10, 2011

It is sad that people do defamation this way.

Lawsuit being prepared in 2009, it must take years to prepare then because no law suit was issued until now and we're in 2011.

There are also some inconsistencies in this complaint:
    1. If the clients previously contacted another number, wouldn't it be common sense if they were unable to reach that new UK number, they would call the previous number on record which they had for years as stated in the complaint?

2. The person being under the influence of alcohol is ridiculous unless you know drunk people who work in offices? :-) I think the issue might have been the West Yorkshire pronounce which can be hard to understand for outsiders. Quite strange that your clients are unable to distinguish a tough pronounce from a drunk person. If you ring HMRC which is the tax authority in UK, all their call centers have people from India, Pakistan and other countries, then you will see what I mean! Even I am unable to understand them sometimes... lol

3. So your clients are willing to testify in court for having ring a number and being unable to reach it... right.. but then they actually preferred to go elsewhere rather than find another way to contact you? Sounds very unlikely the client who preferred to find someone else to provide the service would testify in your behalf for anything.

The whole complaint is full of exaggeration and nonsense. Am sure you had some issues which were unexpected, failed to verify yourself that the telephone answering service had the quality expected before putting your entire business on the line for it... then blamed every problem in your life to the company who provides the service.

You are the one who could be sued for defamation for posting a complaint that does not reflect reality.

• I too have had a terrible experience with European Business Centre!!! I would never use their services again!!! To sum them up, I would have to say, 'UNPROFESSIONAL and INCAPABLE'!!!

Bruno Domingues Nov 09, 2009

I am a client from European Business Center and never had any problem with them, have been in their office a few times too so I guess there must be some kind of confusion? I mean if you never even went to the Wakefield office and you claim its a boiler-room, whatever that is?
    Beware that difamation is not a good thing either...