Europcar — fraud and cheating!
My wife and son went to Ireland on vacation, she booked a car rental with EUROPCAR through the ORBITZ website. When it was booked it stated that CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) was included in the price. When she got there to pick up the car they said that the CDW was not included and she could not get a car without it. So they canceled her reservation and made another for her at a substantially higher rate. She did not print out the sheet that had about the CDW being included so she was stuck, either get the car or walk. So she had to pay the much higher rate. I contacted ORBITZ about this and they verified that it does indeed say that the CDW is included and EUROPCAR should have honored the reservation. I have contacted EUROPCAR multiple times, via email and telephone, and have yet to get a response. Also towards the end of my wife's trip she stopped at a service station and the worker there noticed her tire was low, upon further inspection he noticed that you could see the steel belts in the tire and told her that it was illegal for them to rent her a car with tires in that condition.
As stated above the initial reservation stated it included CDW, ORBITZ states that it includes CDW, my wife in a foreign country was taken advantage of by this car rental company. Plus the fact that they gave her a car that was not safe.
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- EC Vehicle Rental - unrecognised transaction
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle!
- Europcar - damage surcharge
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- EC vehicle rental Watford - Unrequested hire charge
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - fake additional discharges-rental 4500330924 dr49153-15/03/2019
- Europcar International - refund