[Resolved] Etihad Airwaysunethical behaviour

L Aug 05, 2018

Dear Mrs/Mr,

My name is Elizabeth Klop and on the 1st of august 2018 I boarded at Sydney airport on flight EY 455 which departed on 2055 hrs and arrived on 0540 into Abu Dhabi international airport.
During this flight I was sitting in seat 52K which had a malfunctioning table which was slightly bend forward. I didn't realise this until one of the cabin crew members handed me a glass of apple juice. I placed this on the table and the full glass fell on my lap.
I was sookened wet including; blanket share and ofcourse my clothes.
When asking for some help I was given 3 tissues and the cabin crew continued with their drink trolley (they didnt even ask if I was okay). I was still sitting there completely wet with sticky apple juice all over me. I called them several times but they didnt respond. In the end I shouted that I could do with some help. When they finaly answered they told me to put the blanket on the floor. I wasn't helped with this at all. In the end I finally received a new blanket (at my own request) so I could at least sit on a "dry" chair.
The cabin crew member I wanted to give the sookend wet towel to didn't want to take this at first.
I have flown with Etihad airways multiple times and I only have had good experiences. This, however left me speechless. I do understand that tables due to multiple usage can get damaged. However on a almost 15 hour flight I think its crucial that they are checked and fixed if necessary (I had to support the rest of the flight the table with my knee so diners and drinks weren't falling off). The most mind-blowing thing however was the rudeness of the cabin crew (one member in particular). They never asked if I was okay or if I required help. I do believe accidents can happen all the time. However, I do believe it is the job of cabin crew to make a flight as comfortable as possible/can be. I would like some kind of refund due to this very uncomfortable experience I have had.

Yours Sincerely,

Elizabeth Klop

• Resolution Statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response · Aug 08, 2018

Hi Elizabeth, we are sorry to hear about this incident. Please share your experience by sending it to [protected]@etihad.ae so that our team can investigate it and they will get back to you. Thank you. *Marc