Erie InsuranceErie Insurance failed to do their job.

I've been with Erie Insurance for 7 years. I've never had an accident or ticket in my entire driving history, but I was told by my agent that, if I was involved in an accident, the deductible would be waived the first time.

I was at an intersection in which another driver ran a stop sign while on his cell phone and hit the front end of my car. I was pulling out of a side street, so they automatically ruled the accident my fault. I explained to the adjuster that there is a stop sign before the street I was pulling out of and requested that they send someone out to take a look. She stated that she would get back to me after speaking to the other party.

When she called back, she got my Voicemail and advised that they had "taken care of" the other driver and that I would be responsible for my deductible. She would not be sending an investigator to look at the intersection. I called back and left her a message stating that this was unacceptable and if she was unable to assist me, I would like to have her supervisor call me back.

It has been three weeks and I've heard nothing.

I will be switching insurance agencies when my policy is up. I can hardly believe that after so many years of safe driving they are unwilling to do anything to assist me. Not to mention misinforming me about the deductible being waived.