Equity Residentialrefund of security deposit

In April 2010, I decided to move to Austin and opted to get out of my lease early. After extensive discussions with the manamagent at Carmel a Deerfield apartments in San Antonio, I paid all the required fees to terminate my lease early. I was told I would receive ALL of my security deposit back ($755) less any applicable make ready charges. I was told this refund would be issued in four to six weeks. I waited...no check. I called several time and was never given a response. Finally, I was told I had not paid the early termination fee - by the person who knew I had! I told her I would get proof from my bank then go over her head. I did this, and was told by her supervisor that there had been a "clerical error" and I was indeed entitled to a full refund of my deposit. I then got a letter on May 24 from the person responsible for the error, telling me I was getting a check in the mail. That was two weeks ago... STILL NO CHECK! These people are unbelievable. Beware when they tell you that you have to pay a full month's rent as a deposit because of your credit. Beware when they assure you that you will get it back...