Equifaxequifax representative unlocked my account without asking for pin #

J

I had to unlock my Equifax freeze so I could set up an account with Verizon. I called Equifax and was connected to someone that I could not understand. After multiple attempts to give my name, address, phone number, and social security (one hour later), she said my credit freeze was reversed. I told the rep that I had not given her my PIN and she couldn't unfreeze my account without a PIN#. When I asked her name, she hesitated and said Summer, hoped I would give her a good review and hung up on me.
She actually unfroze my credit with the same information the hackers got from Equifax. How irresponsible can you get? I will forever worry about my personal information because Equifax was hacked, now I have to worry that Equifax can't even handle small tasks such as this.

Jacquelyn Jones
[protected]
1645 East FM 931
Gatesville, Texas 76528

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 21, 2017

The representative probably made a mistake. While it is a serious one, mistakes do happen. If you feel the need, you could always call back and ask for a supervisor to report it to make sure she is properly trained.