Equifaxequifax representative unlocked my account without asking for pin #

This review was posted by
a verified customer
Verified customer

I had to unlock my Equifax freeze so I could set up an account with Verizon. I called Equifax and was connected to someone that I could not understand. After multiple attempts to give my name, address, phone number, and social security (one hour later), she said my credit freeze was reversed. I told the rep that I had not given her my PIN and she couldn't unfreeze my account without a PIN#. When I asked her name, she hesitated and said Summer, hoped I would give her a good review and hung up on me.
She actually unfroze my credit with the same information the hackers got from Equifax. How irresponsible can you get? I will forever worry about my personal information because Equifax was hacked, now I have to worry that Equifax can't even handle small tasks such as this.

Jacquelyn Jones
1645 East FM 931
Gatesville, Texas 76528


  • Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 21, 2017
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    The representative probably made a mistake. While it is a serious one, mistakes do happen. If you feel the need, you could always call back and ask for a supervisor to report it to make sure she is properly trained.

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at Complaintsboard.com and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.