Enhanced Services Billing IncUnauthorized Charges!!!!

C

Yet another poor sucker caught by these idiots! If AT&T aren't bad enough already with extra charges out the butt!!!
Just checked our latest phone bill and another company charge of $15.85 appears on it from Enhanced Services Billing Inc. Neither my husband nor myself have ordered anything or any services from this company and Im damm sure the dogs arent quiet up to using the computer or phone!
How do these companies keep operating, and where are the checks that are meant to be in place to protect the consumer?!

• De
    deelite Sep 29, 2009

I have received a charge of $14.95 on my telephone bill from a company called Enhanced Services Billing Inc. I had to call my phone provider AT&T to take the charge out and see who authorized this charge. They have mentioned that I have to call "Enhanced Services Billing Inc" to cancel the charge since it is not from them. I have called them and had it canceled. This is unacceptable and a total SCAM. Enhanced Services Billing Inc says that the charge was for an internet service enhanced feature to help save on items purchased online. I have not authorized or care about such services. I'm afraid that my personal information is being given to third party vendors from my internet service provider to make extra money without my consent. Their number is [protected].

• Ri
    Riggan Nov 16, 2009

Yes, I too found unauthorized charges from ESBI when I did my check on my phone bill as I do, but not monthly (but I will start) when I called the number to inquire regarding the charges, I spoke with Kathy who hung up on my husband, then I called back and she hung up on me. She had tried to say that my husband authorized the charge thru an Email account that we had never heard of. I called back and have spoken with a Tanisha and a Christina who assure me that they have notified my phone company to credit me back in full for all charges. I will certainly be checking to make certain that credit is received.

• Mr
    Mr. Leo Jan 20, 2010

I had fraudulent charges appear on my phone bill from Enhanced Services Billing Inc. (listed as Residential Email LLC). Unfortunately I had not noticed until 7 months of charges had been collected. I called AT& T and they said it was not their responsibility (ridiculous, since it it billed through them!). So I called the toll-free number for Residential Email LLC and talked to someone there to cancel my service, complain and ask for reimbursement. At fist they said they said they could cancel the service but could only reimburse me for 3 months of past charges. After more complaining, they came back on the phone and offered to reimburse me for 6 months of past charges; but not for the 7 months that I had been scammed. At least they offered that much! I'm still waiting for the reimbursements on my phone bill; we'll see.

This seems blatantly criminal and, looking around on the internet, it seems they've been pulling this scam for several years. I'm sure I never ordered this service (and no one could've requested it on my behalf). Where is "law enforcement" when you need it?

• Al
    Albert Sevilla Dec 16, 2010

I had and unauthorized charge of $29.90 on my phone bill from Network Assurance Inc. It said it was for an efax montly service fee. I called their number and spoke to an asian man with a language barrier. I could barely understand hm and he told me that I had signed up on jobs.com website. I told him that I was retired and did not need a job or have ever been at that website. He promptly told me that he would refund me and even gave me a confirmation number. I called my phone company (AT&T) and they were very helpful. They instructed me not to pay the $29.90. I did not order anything from these people and this is clearly a scam. There were 2 phone numbers for this crooked company on my phone bill: [protected] & [protected]. I called the [protected]. I think these people change numbers daily to avoid detection.