Energy Wisenever finished

M

Had the president of the company come down and do the initial free estimate put $800 down and was promised within a month and a half they would have the windows for the "1" day job. 3 and a half months later after rescheduling on me 5 times they show up 2 hours late to install, are baffled at the fact that I wanted the windows wrapped in black (which I had requested at time of order), work for 3 hours. ripped up the plaster did not have wood on the truck to finish the trim, the trim is uneven on the front, ran out of black wrap, did not clean anything up, told me they would be back the next day to finish because they ran out of the wrap and have never been back. I have called and called and called finally the receptionist told me to be patient and she would make sure someone called me back. I have never sent them another dime due to this inability to come finish. I have exposed wood on the outside of my house for over 10 months the wrap popped off the one window and the wrap in the other window is uneven. I am disgusted most thoroughly that I stupidly put my trust in a company that is inefficient and shoddy workmanship.

Jon-David Jan 02, 2020

I'm taking them to court. $33, 700 in damage inside and $75, 000 of brick damage. Then Randy Reid said "I'm not a man"

• Ca
    Carol Mary Oct 17, 2018

I hope the people who ran this scam of a company go to jail. They stole my deposit and sent me a letter stating they closed their business.

• Bd
    bdellesky Oct 15, 2018

I waited for a workman to arrive this morning. I called the company to see when he might arrive. I got no answer.
    Then a letter arrived with a few sentences on it saying that the company had closed. Sure wished I'd read your
    comments earlier. Barb Dellesky

• Bd
    bdellesky Oct 15, 2018

@bdellesky Do not employ these people.

Andrea Duval Jul 09, 2018

Energywise- last summer- replaced 14 windows-Polaris-they didn't explain that they wouldn't be the same fit-the old window sills extend beyond the current ones and the sills aren't as wide as the former ones they said they couldn't be the same size--they said these windows would save money, but there is no way to compare since the temperatures and gas prices are variable(I knew this, but they shouldn't make this claim-)-but they should have described the difference in fit-can't understand this since they measured etc. Besides this they left bare strip of wood on the inside--The worse thing is the screens which I got the full ones-they are a very poor design and are very hard to replace if they are out-they had a guy come out to show me how to get the screen back in and he even had a difficult time getting it back in-he eventually removed the window to replace the screen.I should have done more research with other companies, but in a previous experience with them and a replacement sliding door they were good so I trusted-you live and learn! Ask plenty of questions and talk to many when doing a job.

• Ti
    Ticked off pastor Dec 13, 2017

Reading your comments is like reliving our entire "bad" experience with this company. The owner met with us personally seemed like a nice guy and guaranteed we would be pleased and finished with in 30 days. Didn't happen. They called said their main guy fell off a roof and would be out 6 weeks. We waited then there were 2 more delays, one of which was the room had not been delivered. Another lie...the owner told us at the time of the sale we are room was already in the warehouse. When they finally did come I asked them who fell off the roof. One guy said. I didn't fall off I jumped off into a pile of soft material and never even got hurt...they just had a more important job and took us off your job.
    They tried to install the wrong sun porch (all glass) we wanted a knee wall. We couldn't open our windows to clean them when they finally did finish the job but they insisted we signed the paperwork which I refused to do.
    The owners brother came out and he couldn't get the windows out, the manufacturer did the same and he couldn't get the window out. Finally they sent a competent human being who figured out the problem.
    It has been three months since they have finished and our slider is leaking air. They have no clue as to how to fix it and I think they are hoping we just go away. We are not!
    The next call is going to an attorney

Stay away from these guys. Not a good company

• Jp
    J. Pelletier Oct 24, 2017

Purchased a large 'picture window' for my living room. I paid $1, 000 down and the balance was to be paid through Synchrony Bank. After the window was installed, I noticed defects/marks that appeared to be located between the inner and outer pane. I phoned Energy Wise and a service person inspected the defect. He agreed that there was a problem. He wanted to replace the entire window including the frame. The window had 3 separate components. I requested that only the defective windows should be replaced and not the whole structure. I had employed a painter to paint the outside of the window to match the other windows in my home (cost to paint $150.00) My home has marble window sills and I felt lucky that during the first install nothing had been damaged. I suggested I would keep the defective window if they would contact Synchrony Bank and waive the balance. I was told they could not do this. After one year, I personally visited the showroom in Struthers. I requested to speak with the owner
    (Tony Porazzo). I told him I wanted the matter resolved TODAY. He told me to see Scott, but he was not in the office that day. Told him I wasn't leaving until I got results. He reluctantly phoned the installer supervisor. Since he wasn't explaining the situation effectively, I took the phone and explained what was going on. Porazzo was rude and unprofessional. The supervisor came to my home that same day and found that strong adhesive was adhered to the glass. AFTER ONE YEAR, I still haven't received the warranty. I received a phone call today (10/24) from En. Wise wanting to know if I would like to replace more windows in my home. . . . what a joke. RUN, don't walk away from this company. I don't know how they remain in business.

• Ri
    Rick Cardy Nov 29, 2015

I'm amazed that one company can be this incompetent. The salesman is clueless. I sat with him, at my dining room table, and was amazed at what he did not know about construction. He does not understand the very simple of roofing terms...such as "sheeting"...he thinks that's felt paper. The owner? I'm only starting. This guy is a rich kid that must have inherited the business...because, he, much like his salesman, does not even understand the basics in roofing/construction. The job was horrible. I'm fixing it because I know much more about construction than the owner, the salesman, or the installers. I can't put it any simpler than that. And? Don't dare complain to the owner. He gets pissed. He stops at your home, reminds you that "I"m the owner of the company"...and then ruins your lawn when he peels out in his SUV. This guy is the biggest loser I've ever met in my life. I threw him out of my living room. Most offensive individual I've ever met in my life. Offended my wife and I like no other business, ever. He should not only not be in business. He should be in prison. He is offensive. All of his workers, who, by the way, the salesman promised us, were direct employees? No, another lie. They were subcontracted, and they all have no respect for the salesman or the derelict owner, either. Nothing was delivered as promised. I'll be personally fixing this disasterous pile of crap, which amounted to installation of 3 windows, one sliding door and a roof. The roof was misquoted. They lied. They bilked us out of money because they don't understand what they are even quoting. The windows? I'm reframing them myself. I have more talent then whoever they subcontracted. The roof? I'll be doing it over in a few years when I can get more money together to do it myself and I'll just forget the money they bilked me out of. The owner of that company? He should be in prison. If he ever shows up to our home again? I will be. Energy Wise is a fake. A phone. And I'm not done. I've been in customer service/sales, for 39 years and I've also been a do-it-yourself guy in my own home for many years and I know my way around construction. The owner of this company? He's clueless. He doesn't understand what he is doing, and he retaliates with violence and indignities if you call him on his ignorance, and his ignorance is beyond anything I've ever encountered in business.

• Do
    donnebjr Oct 24, 2014

So I had a bad experience as well. First they measured the windows wrong, but they didn't tell us that, they went ahead and tore out our windows to install theirs. When he pulled out our new window it was broke, he said they would install the broken one and order a pane for it, fine, but later my wife knew something was wrong because the installing was pacing back and forth on the phone for what seems like forever, but never came and told us anything, and he installed the window.

When I came home from work, I looked at the windows and noticed that the whole outside of the window was framed in very wide strip of vinyl stuck to the outside frame of the window with what appeared to be double stick tape?!?! the vinyl was actually pulling away from the frame and wavy, when I pulled it away from the window there was a 2 inch gap between the top of my window and the wood, they didn't even bother to put insulation in the gap, I could see the back of the aluminum trim they installed on the outside, I assume to hide the huge gap in my window frame, if I wanted gaps like that in my windows I would have paid a third of the price and bought my windows at Lowes.

So they had 1 broke window that was the wrong size, and 1 window that was just the wrong size, they knew these windows were wrong and they installed them and didn't bother to tell us, they were simply going to rip us off. I called and complained they sent someone out to look at them and said yes indeed these are the wrong size windows, took months to get anything done, they even sent another guy out because they lost the information the first guy had, took then another month to replace, and when they did it was the wrong type of window, they installed clear when it was supposed to be opaque. took forever to get that fixed as well. Spoke w multiple people including the owner? he acted like everything was somehow my fault that it took so long because I apparently didn't call them enough?!? took months and the guy is like yah well we fixed it didn't we? YAH AFTER YOU TRIED TO SNEAK BY WITHOUT TELLING US YOU SCREWED UP!! totally dishonest.

In the mean time they ripped up the wood trim around my window so they installed thick gaudy vinyl trim instead of my wood trim, the aluminum framing on the outside of the house is all bend and dinged up and they put dents in MY siding taking the old windows out.

BEWARE they will try to hide any mistakes they make, If you have windows with them now and see a thick piece of vinyl going around your window anywhere, take a peak under it, might be a huge gap that they were trying to cover up.

• Ml
    *ML* Jul 06, 2014

I know I will not. So sorry to hear that happen to you. I am still waiting. They called about a year ago and asked if I needed anymore work. After I got done laughing I bluntly asked the lady why would I do that when you never bothered to finish the first job. A guy came and finished the inside trim and that looks nice but the wood doesn't quite cover the holes they made in the plaster. He said a crew would be out to finish the trim on the outside and redo what was done wrong but have not heard or seen anything. I will not hold my breath. The companies no longer care about the consumer just their bottom line.

• Di
    Diana7614 Jul 06, 2014

Wish I had read your comments before hiring them to replace 2 front outside doors to my home in April 2013. I told them doors must be MATCHING and both the same size., which unfortunately for me, was NOT spelled out that way on the contract, though I KNOW I mentioned it SEVERAL times. The doors were originally the same size / matching. First install was fine, but, when they had the second door out, I noticed the new door was considerably smaller that the first door. These doors are both front doors, 10 feet from each other. They had to fill in the door frame 2 inches on either side. Okay, so one is smaller! Until I realized that getting furniture into the one room was going to be impossible, GREAT! Would never use them again, but if you do, make SURE contract spells out everything in DETAIL!

• Ml
    *ML* Oct 08, 2011

Sorry I forgot to mention that I did get a hold of them once and set up an appointment for them to come finish and they never bother to show or even make a courtesy call to tell me that they wouldn't make it. I have talked to a couple of lawyers and they told me not to send any money until the job is finished. My contract with them states that I do not have to start making payments until the job is finished and done to my satisfaction. LOL!!! What a joke. Stay far away.