Emporio Armanibeware - antonio d, managing director in emporio armani collezione

S Review updated:

He is in Downtown Toronto now!!! still (Widmer and King Street )
Fake name: Antonio D.
Car: White Mazda SUV - Rental
Plate: Did not see unfortunately

One of Complaint said.
"The story is always the same: He is an Armani Managing Director, with fake business card, and is leaving for Italy... Asking in Italian for indications to the Airport. He doesn't want to take the jackets with him coz he will pay duty at the border. So he gave them to me and asked if I could give him some money so he can buy an Ipad for his son at the airport.
I have reported the guy to the police. They are investigating... Hope they catch this ###!!!"

I just got ripped off from him.. about 2 hour ago. I was very suspicious.. but he is like crying and desperate that his credit is full but he had to go back to Italy by tomorrow.. The story is pretty much same as above, , Hey guys dont, dont be soft to anyone who shake your heart on the street.. I suddenly thought like I have been too tough to people I randomly meet on the street.. and I got ripped off. I really hope these types of spam artist get caught soon..

Kenneth Chen Dec 09, 2020

I just got scammed by this guy for €1100 in Cologne, Germany. I am not sure what to feel because I always believe in the good of people. I hope karma gets the best of these ****. Advice to people: always take a picture with them. If they're really in need of help, they would not be scared. If they are just con artists, then they'll run away.

• Ji
    J.i Dec 01, 2020

Hi I just happened the same thing, could you kindly update your current process of the scam!!
    he asked me transferred 1600 to his rental car company

• Br
    BrookC Nov 03, 2020

Alias: Antonio D'errico
    Gender: Male
    Ethnicity: Italian
    Physical Description: Tanned Skin with Black Cut-Short Hair.
    Vehicle: Grey SUV

LAST SEEN IN LONDON, UK AROUND UCL AND UNIVERSITY OF LAW LONDON BLOOMSBURY ON 3RD NOVEMBER 2020.

He mentioned that he was going to fly to Dubai for some ridiculous Fashion Week, and that he was from Milano, Italy. Thankfully, I trusted my instincted, and made an excuse to get away.

Whatever you do, do NOT help him out.

It's pretty hilarious how pre-planned his story is. All the images on his phone are blurred, and there are absolutely no contacts or notes on his phone. Trying to get more info from him, I asked for his proof of identity, and he's definitely an EU Citizen with his first name starting as 'An...'

I couldn't see anything else and he held his thumb onto his name like his life depended on it!

Anyways, just beware of this guy in London and stay safe, everyone!

• My
    Myron Sacks Feb 11, 2020

He is in Las Vegas, NV. Now driving a new black Range Rover. Ran into him in the lot of a food market. Same spiel, as described, Directions to the airport, etc. Got zip from me, because I smelled a scam.

• By
    Byungchu May 02, 2019

Unfortunately, today I paid him. He first asked me for directions on my cell phone saying there was no battery on his cellphone and I showed him the way. And he wanted give me three cloths for appreciation, and I bought him an iPhone near by iPhone store. I hope that no one like me will appear again today, and he roamed around USC at south of Los Angeles today.

• Eu
    Euston Feb 11, 2019

Exactly the same story happened to me on Saturday 9th Feb. in London!! he says he wants to go to the Heathrow Airport!!! Then just as you described, every details are the same!! I have been cheated 1000 pounds I was so stupid!! Here is his fake business card!

ManchesterUpp Feb 23, 2019

@Euston I think we met the same Italian "sh*t". He was in Manchester in late November last year. The fake business is the same one he showed me.

I called Manchester police afterward and was directed to Action Fraud. No action has been taken yet. But I still think you should report to the police.

• Eu
    Euston Feb 11, 2019

@Euston he also said he will be back to London on 29th March for a show!!!

KevinLee111 Feb 08, 2019

Exact same thing happened to me just now in Berlin. I was stupid enough to give him 200 Euros to help him out. I am financially in a tight spot, so I got blinded by the refund money for the jackets he offered me. I am going to the police now, but what did you guys do with the jackets?

• Li
    Lieven Hendrickx Jan 19, 2019

I fell for it in Dubai about an hour ago. 3000 AED. on the other hand I have 3 decent suits.

• Li
    Lieven Hendrickx Jan 19, 2019

@Lieven Hendrickx I see somebody else reporting him in Toronto today, so there must be more than one. The guy I met is definitely Italian, I spoke Italian with him.

KeWi Jan 18, 2019

He is still (again?) in Dubai. He tried to trick me yesterday.
    Exactly the same story of looking for airport, Italian accent and so on.
    Luckily the hotmail email address on his Armani business card made me suspicious. I did not buy (but I have to confess I was close to it).

• Pe
    Pedro in Dubai Dec 08, 2018

He is in Dubai today.
    Exactly the same story of looking for airport & wants to avoid paying custom charges.
    Looked good quality products, but I don’t need another suit & I didn’t want to buy his kid an I pad.
    Very suspicious from the start, as after giving him directions he then plulled further up the road to gift me a suit, , ,
    I ended up with three but told him I didn’t need them.
    He thanked me with a big Italian type hug as I kept my hands in my pocket close to my wallet.

• Mi
    Mikey_Mike Nov 30, 2018

Met him today in Manchester

Lost GBP800

I should should have seen this site before. Reported to the police

His car registration number is DU18 YHD (colour: orange)

• Hu
    Hugo Oliveira Nov 25, 2018

Amazing !

I just found this guy in Riyadh KSA. I noticed that is a scamm but I thought that is fairly good bussiness.
    With 1000 SAR (230) Euros I bought:

3 Man Suites that fits me ! (average quality)
    1 women jacket (medium-low quality)
    1 sport jacket (poliester but its good for rain)

• Sm
    smomohehe Nov 14, 2018

2018.11.12 in Berlin.
    The same story.
    I give 3400 euros for six jackets...

• Fa
    Fashion Designer Oct 27, 2018

He was in The Hague yesterday. Same story same card . Looking for directions to Schiphol. Small Southern Italian. Calls himself Antonio Dell’Apiuta

• Di
    DimitriG Oct 26, 2018

This afternoon he was in Den Haag. I gave him only directions...

• Ia
    IAmsterdam Oct 24, 2018

Amsterdam again here. How can this be the same guy for five years now, roaming Europe, the United States and Dubai? He is Italian allright, English speaking, asking for the way to the airport.
    Yesterday he duped me out of 700euros, and left me with a giant bag of jackets, male & female, leather and cloth, and a ladies' watch. Ans a booklet with 'fall collection' without a year metioned, so I guess it was the collection of yesteryear. It took him a full hour to convince me, but I still feel stupid because I knew it was faulty all along. That business card reading 'Mr. Antonio dell'Apiuta, fashion designer' with 2 phone numbers, two addresses in Milan and Florence, but no website.
    He lost 1800 euros at the casino, 'because there is no casino in Milan...'
    He drove a new black car and showed me his rental agreement, his passport, his flight tickets, everything. Why did I want to believe him, although everything spoke against him? His company would pay me back, but he had no company name on his business card. I hate myself.

• Wa
    Warning Otherszssss Oct 04, 2018

Today in Tottenham Court Road, London

• Ru
    Ruut Boekling Sep 28, 2018

And... a never ending story, same guy, new card now 28-09-2018 in Heemskerk the Netherlands.
    Same story, first trying to please you by asking the road to the airport (strange... driving a big rental MPV Jaquar E-pace, Black, registered SL-261-S, with super-de-luxe-navigation in it) and then the story (it is your Lucky day terms etc..) even two watches are added to the trade, and three coats indeed. I refused and marked no wallet on me. He even tried to bring me home, but I refused, so me not a victim... Later in my hous I overlooked the parking lot of Albert Heyn Grocery store and see the same "Antonio Dell'Apiuta "man do the same to another guy, with succes (poor guy) I phoned the police, but they came to late... Antonio took a quick run and drove away... to a new victim... sad so sad...

• Se
    Seanfang007 Sep 26, 2018

Saw him in Sheffield, England

• Se
    Seanfang007 Sep 26, 2018

@Seanfang007 I think there is a organisation behind. Feel bad for these guys, could've got better jobs than that but now it is all ruined.

• Pm
    Pm de Leener Sep 17, 2018

Same story and very consistent scenario. Today 17/09/2018 in the Amsterdam area .

Joy Wu Jul 18, 2018

[censored], I was frauded by him in Glasgow, how could this really bad guy be free of law for so long?

• Rd
    RD8 Jul 02, 2018

Just happened yesterday at Fairmont Hotel Sheikh Zayed road in Dubai. Exact same story as everybody else. It surprises me that he has the arrogance to not even change his story despite this thread existing for over two years!! Attached is the card he is using, driving a Audi Q5 and wanted 800 Euros for "gifting" me an Armani watch and three suits. Fortunately, I had the senses and luck to evade him.

• Rd
    RD8 Jul 02, 2018

@RD8 Sorry, for some reason the pic of his card isnt uploading. Its got the name "Mr. Antonio Dell Algida", he claims to be a designer for Armani, email is "[email protected]". Address "VIA. MONTE, NAPOLEONE. 10, MILANO" Mobile "+[protected]" Fax " +[protected]"

• Ol
    Olaf Olsen Jun 26, 2018

He gave me this card:

• Ol
    Olaf Olsen Jun 26, 2018

Just met the Guy in Oslo, Norway. He asked me for directions and gave me a business card.
    He asked me if i was interested in Fashion. I told him no, and that i was a social worker.
    Then he left. He was driving a Black small rental car, with swedish plates.

• Da
    DanieleM Jun 03, 2018

Just met him this morning in Dubai. Same scheme. Name is Antonio dell'Algida, going around with a white Mercedes with driver, he tries to give away Armani dresses asking a playstation or some ipads for his daughter in exchange.

Didn't take anything, it felt very suspicious all in all... beware of the scam.

• Va
    Vale Corn Mar 13, 2018

Enrico D in Düsseldorf today. English, Italian, poor German.

• Va
    Vale Corn Mar 13, 2018

In Düsseldorf today: Enrico D.
    He said he had been at a fair, working for Armani, that he now needed directions to get to the airport immediately, got robbed the day before, therefore needed EUR 1, 500. He promised to return it in the fall. My family would be welcome at his house in Milano. As a thank you we should keep some of the clothes. Gone he was with a car with a German license plate. He spoke Italian and English, hardly any German. He was short, between 50 and 60 years old. Curly hair.

• Ka
    Karl Chen Mar 05, 2018

It looks like an organisation. Sad for my money

• Al
    Ali Monajjem Mar 05, 2018

Just happened to me in Dubai marina, infront of grosvner house . He (Mr. Antonio Dell Algida) said he works for Emporio Armani and he is looking for the airport ... I became suspicious when he want to give 3 man suit, as a gift, just for avoiding paying big custom taxes ... The guy has ridicolous haircut and shirt. I have just said I have no money, then put the suits again in his car, wishing him good luck.he pushed me to take 3 suits and took 2000 dirhams for me . I want to report that to real Emporio Armani and dubai police, so they can take actions.

John J D Dudley Mar 05, 2018

@Ali Monajjem Just happened to me too here in Dubai. I wish I had read this post before giving him 2000 dirhams for three suits. Should I report him to the police? He was driving a maroon Nissan Juke.

• Ka
    Karl Chen Mar 05, 2018

He is in London now and I gave him 500 pounds for three clothes.

• Im
    Imran Saeed Mar 04, 2018

Haha. This dood just stopped infront of difc. Same story. Had no money but if i had i wouldve given him something for the 3 suits. Tool them back when i said no money and drove away. Did any one actually got the jackets / suits?

• Do
    Dobriymsc Mar 02, 2018

Same [censor] in Dubai yesterday. I gave him nothing. But at the beginning I thought that’s my luck) But when I took money from ATM 2 times less that he asked. He said “You can take 2 suits instead of 3” I asked him “Why? If you loose than any way”. And only than I realized that it’s fake.

Marco Orsini Jan 25, 2018

Just happened to me in Dubai, in Sheikh Zayed Road, close to Crown Plaza. He (Mr. Antonio Dell Algida) said he works for Emporio Armani and he is looking for the airport ... I became suspicious when he want to give 3 man suit, as a gift, just for avoiding paying big custom taxes ... I was awaiting for price, as nobody on Earth gives you 3 Armani suits for free, at least he is Pope Francisco. The guy has ridicolous haircut and shirt. I have just said I have no money, then put the suits again in his car, wishing him good luck. I want to report that to real Emporio Armani people, so they can take actions.

• Br
    Bryan sanchez Jan 18, 2018

I think it just happened to me ... he gave me 3 jackets ... for 250 .. but he told me to go to Oxford Circus in London tomorrow ... that they would give me a return ... of a jacket in case I did not want it .. .. gave me the address of the store and everything .. I think that I was also .. the name Antonio d 'errico ..

• Da
    David Viña Jan 21, 2018

@Bryan sanchez this guy was today in Dubai, with the name of Antonio dell Algida, working for Emporio Armani. Trying to scam more people.

• Cl
    Claudio Busco Dec 18, 2017

He took 300 from my card which was all what i have. Now i dont know what to do for surviving the next 2weeks. He was in Clerkenwell. If i only was, a bit more suspicious i would have saved my christmas... i really hope something orrible will happen to him

• Cl
    Claudio Busco Dec 18, 2017

@Claudio Busco "London"

• Ge
    Genildo Vasconcelos Dec 17, 2017

This guy is in Dubai aproached to me few min ago. He could not take any money from me because I didn.t

• Th
    throwaway1338 Nov 09, 2017

He was in Munich on the 6th of November, at around 15:00 on Hohenzollernstr, in front of Rossmann, just before Kurfürstenplatz. Same scenario - needed directions to the airport, rented car, no GPS and he even waved folded papers that supposedly were tickets. Everything about him looked absolutely legit. Young, stylish man from Milan, leaving to America for a fashion show. When we were about to part ways, he asked me what size of coats and jackets I wear, as he had two in his back seat, wrapped in plastic that he didn't need and couldn't take because he would have had to pay taxes on them.

Anyway, didn't buy any, but I got his business card and decided to look him up online. Now, there are several red flags. His name on the card is "Mr. Antonio D." written in Times. The two street addresses were different fashion stores than what he claimed he had. His name shows up nowhere in search results and the email "antionioemporioit (at) yahoo (dot) com" was not a real one, until I just claimed it.

Seems like I dodged a bullet!
    Stay safe!

• Sc
    Schoobi Nov 02, 2017

He was today in Munich, about 170-180cm, male, southern complexion, trimmed beard, long hair, brown eyes, with southern accent, we spoke in english. More or less the same story as you guys: Wanted to know how to get to the airport and I showed him the way, as thanks he gave me three leather jackets, then he wanted help to get another bag with more or less the same things through the airport control and needed money, I stupidly gave him 470€ (he wanted 700), which he said would give me back tomorrow per Western Union.

I already gave the police everything (an hour after it all happened, so the case is still hot), but the fact he is still on the loose despite so many affected makes me anxious to be honest. The bavarian police is professional and all, but if he managed to escape the law for so long.. I don´t really know if we will ever see our money back ever again.

He is really good at what he does, it really changes one´s pesrpective on things - Never trust a stranger.

• Qu
    Quijano Nov 19, 2017

@Schoobi It is a known scam that many people have repeated over the years, we just fell for it, I don't think there is an international network of them working together. Our only hope is that he can be linked by something like the license plate I gave Vienna police. He must have paid the rented car with a credit card, right?

• Sc
    Schoobi Nov 03, 2017

@Schoobi I already searched and found out that this is an organized net of scam-artists all over the world that operate at least for 4 years now and that there are at least 5 people reported. Sadly, I didn't capture my guy's face. They are professionally organized and I don't think that they will ever be brought to justice with all the apparent resources they have.

• Un
    unknown223 Oct 31, 2017

HI all,

I just met this guy today in London

• Un
    unknown223 Oct 31, 2017

@unknown223 and basically the same situation with you guys

• Th
    Thecraca Oct 28, 2017

This guy took 225€ from me in Munich, Germany at the Goethestraße yesterday. I knew I was being scammed but I was afraid that he'd do something to me cause as we chatted I gave him some personal info. He belongs in jail!
    He was driving a blue Peugeot 3008 with a french license plate! I went to the police but they didn't have any sort of information about him.

• Qu
    Quijano Nov 02, 2017

@Thecraca Please, make sure to report it to the police. If he is using these cars he might be renting them, so the police might found him this way.

jazzjackrabbit Oct 28, 2017

@jazzjackrabbit Oh, and he was driving an Opel with German license plate.

jazzjackrabbit Oct 28, 2017

@Thecraca I met him today in Munich.

Didn't give him [censor].