Emmerdale23rd september 2010 8:10pm

I wish to complain about the second part of Emmerdale on the 23rd September where they suggested an attack on Arrans German Shepherd (clide) carried by a bullmastive, this not only offended me and upset me greatly but also gives the bullmastive a bad name. I don't believe there should more prejudice against these animals, they should not be suggesting such vile plots as it is utterly uncalled for and unneeded.

• Ga
    gavin davies Oct 31, 2014

emmerdale episode 31 October 2014 .
    Ashley ex vicar dressed up for Halloween, OCCULT, DEVIL . WITCH worship is setting a bad influence . England used to be a god given Christian country .

• To
    tommigun Mar 14, 2011

a program that promotes the depravity of homosexuality what do you expect, gutless people with no morality causing the world to become more and more brainwashed by showing innocent children the filth that has become the norm in our society, just to make money, do you honestly think they, d stop at hurting an animal I don't think so, when are people going to speak up about what really matters,

Izziewizzie Sep 26, 2010

Hi Fatannie,

I will be replying to their email, as the dog wasnt a cross breed, and even if it was, I still find it irresponsable to even think the story line was entertainment.
    The bullmastiff called Brian was actually a female! in the Bullmastiff world it wont take to long before it is know who owns her

• Fa
    fatannie Sep 26, 2010

This is a stock reply as i recieved the exact wording too when i complained bitterly about this episode, it was irresponsible and reckless

Izziewizzie Sep 25, 2010

I emailed ITV viewers services and this is the reply I got...

Dear Julie

Thank you for your recent email regarding Emmerdale.

We obviously appreciate that the scenario of Aaron's dog dying is an emotive one, but Emmerdale was extremely careful to ensure that a fight between two dogs was only ever alluded to and absolutely never seen.

Furthermore, the storyline was portrayed to demonstrate the reckless actions of individuals - not their dogs. The morality of the individuals involved was very clearly drawn, as was the very serious consequence of such actions. It was also never the intent to suggest that any particular breed of dog was dangerous and, as such, the chosen dog was a cross-breed.

The subsequent veterinary treatment of "Clyde" was delicately portrayed, in keeping with the regular treatment of animals on the surgery table within the show. It should also be stressed that no animal was harmed or injured during the filming."

Thank your for taking the time to contact us here at ITV as we always welcome viewers feedback.

Regards

ITV VIEWER SERVICES - ds

• Mi
    mizzy99 Sep 25, 2010

Im glad that im not the only one who feel's strongly about the dog attack on the 23 september, it made my stomach turn. I am a dog lover...and im not happy about the way itv have given certain dog breads such a bad name. I feel their was no need to use a storie line in this way.

Lesley i totaly agree with your comment, and as for emmerdale...i think you have lost yourself quite a few viewers over this, you should hang your head in shame.

marika

Cherry Drop Sep 24, 2010

Why the hell did Paul O Grady bring this up in his show...I am ashamed of you Paul, I always thought of you as a dog lover, and yet you praised ITV etc and said Aaron should get an award.

• Le
    LESLEY MUSTO Sep 24, 2010

I agree with all the complaints above. It was absolutely disgusting. With all the Press and Media coverage concerning illegal dog fighting etc. what gave you the right to think you had the right to put it to the public to view. I know what goes on with animal cruelty but we don't want to see it portrayed in this way. You have upset your viewers and you have upset quite few children as well. SHAME ON YOU EMMERDALE - You don't deserve any Award. Aaron and Jackson are brilliant actors but due to your shambolic episode you have blow your chance of them receiving one.

Thugs use certain breeds of dogs as weapons - you have given them a good opportunity to do just that.

It was unbelievable the amount of abuse I got from your Link because of expressing my views. People with limited intelligence, threats and the like. I have never had to block so many people since I went on face book.

Lesley Musto

• Vi
    victoria morris Sep 24, 2010

i agree aswell with the complaints it was sickning to see the german shepard lay on the floor with blood on is neck distgusted with ITV the showing such a sick act

Cherry Drop Sep 24, 2010

I agree with the above complaints. The whole programme left me feeling sick and disgusted, not to mention worried that some thugs out there would think this is fun and put ideas into their heads.

There was just no need for the storyline it served no purpose, the guy that had supposedly been sold the car by Aarron had only just come into the programme...I am sickened, and it spoilt my evening.

Izziewizzie Sep 24, 2010

Emmerdale should hang it head in shame at last nights episope's.
    I owned 'Damon' Patsy Kensit's dog when she came into Emmerdale, I made sure there was never any scenes where the breed was compromised, I find it hard to see where the entertainment was !!!

Julie Carter
    Ultraglen Bullmastiffs

Comments

• Br
    briden Sep 23, 2010

emmerdale, what a disgusting plot about the two dogs, get a grip !!!

• Br
    briden Sep 23, 2010

i totaly agree with claire, there was no need for this disgusting plot with the two dogs. it was very distasteful, i am sure all bullmastifs are not like this, whoever thought of this plot should be totaly ashamed of themselves. for goodness sake it is family viewing time, it you want to keep your ratings, think again. !!! denise