Emirates Airlinelost baggages

Me and my family traveled with emirates airline on the 21st of may from la to dubai to amman when I arrived to amman we found that three of our bags was missing and we was 5 passengers total the emirates airline man at amman airport advice us to do a claim for the bags so we just did one claim for the three bags... Now we back to us and I start contact emirates airline to claim settlement they just offer me $1712.00 which is suppose to be for one bag and I have three bags. These a copy of the emails we send and receive.

Emirates customer affairs file number: nyc/x/bo/250712/6807633
Dubai file numbers: dxb/x/di/160712/6805859 + dxb/b/tt/250612/831164

25 july 2012

Ms. Nesreen alqam
9541 ball rd apt 20a,
Anaheim, california post code 92804

Dear ms. Nesreen alqam:

Baggage claim reference: ahl ammek 34178 / 22 may 2012
We regret your dissatisfaction with our previous correspondence.

With that said you only have 1 baggage claim, ahl ammek34178, and we have offered you the maximum amount for this one baggage claim as set by international regulations. Therefore we cannot revise this offer.

Please note while you may have checked in multiple bags and claiming multiple bags as part of that baggage claim, ahl ammek34178, it still remains only a single baggage claim.

For other people to have a claim they would have had to fill out separate property irregularity reports at amman airport, each advising which specific baggage was theirs and filling out corresponding claim documents on arrival at the airport. Our records do not corroborate that four people filled out claims. Instead records provided by amman airport show you as filing out claim paperwork for these bags. Please note that one person cannot file baggage claims for passengers other than themselves.

Therefore this is our final offer.

Please sign and return the claim settlement form (Csf) , with a photo copy of your passport photo page and postal mailing address, to my attention. We will forward payment in the amount of us$1712.33 within 15-20 business days of our receipt of the signed csf.

We do thank you for allowing us to comment regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely,

New york, new york 10022

From: nesreen [mailto:[protected]@yahoo.com]
Sent: 25 july 2012 14:58
To: baggageclaims - na
Subject: re: emirates customer affairs file number : nyc/x/bo/250712/6807633 | dxb/x/di/160712/6805859 + dxb/b/tt/250612/831164

Salam,

Thx for replying my email! I don't think 1712 dollars is enough since I lost three bags!!! We booked 4 tickets so consider us as a 4 passenger therefore we should get the above amount for each missing bags!! (u have to take into consideration that each passenger can get only two bags not three so the compensation is not fair at all) don't forget the expenses that we paid over there to buy cloths for me and the kids and gifts for the people we r visiting and not forget the stress and pressure we went through for missing the bags.

I hope u will understand the situation and get back to us with a satisfied offer.

Sent from my iphone

9541 ball rd apt 20a,
Anaheim, california post code 92804
Dear ms. Nesreen alqam:
Baggage claim reference: ahl ammek 34178 / 22 may 2012
On behalf of emirates, once again please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced due to the baggage irregularity that occurred when you traveled on emirates flight 903 on 22 may 2012.
In accordance with the airline industry regulations, baggage claims are settled on a per claim basis, taking into consideration the value of the declared items. The airline’s limit of liability is sdr1, 131.00 per passenger, for the damage or loss of documented, that is receipted, items. For those items, for which the passenger could not provide a receipt, emirates will refund one-half of the declared value. . At the time of your claim, 1sdr (Special drawing right) = usd1.514 for a potential maximum settlement of 1712.33 for documented items.
Emirates is pleased to offer you, therefore, without prejudice, the maximum total amount of us$1712.33, as full and final settlement of your baggage claim.
Please note we are offering you the maximum amount for a baggage claim as set by international regulations. Therefore we cannot revise this offer.
Attached you will find a claim settlement form (Csf). Please sign and return the csf, with a photo copy of your passport photo page and postal mailing address, to my attention. We will forward payment in the amount of us$1712.33 within 15-20 business days of our receipt of the signed csf.
We do thank you for your patronage in flying emirates, for your patience during this process, and for allowing us to comment regarding this matter.
Yours sincerely,
Brandon g. Osorio
Supervisor, customer affairs and service audit - us/na
Emirates
55 east 59th street, 5th floor
New york, new york 10022

Maryam M Dec 03, 2012

They lost my bag on a flight from Geneva to Dubai. I had talked to 5 different departments prior my flight, during it and post arrival to make sure my luggage will be transferred to my next flight in time. Every time I got reassured it will. I was flying domestically after my last destination with Emirates to attend a wedding the day after my arrival and I simply couldn't afford to lose my luggage.
    GUESS WHAT? After double checking and triple checking & ... I arrived at my destination & My bag didn't!
    They sent me the bag 3 days after when I had to buy clothes & shoes for the wedding and all they are offering me is $50!!!
    and this was only after I kept contacting customer relations. 3 months has passes and I'm still awaiting a response to the email I had sent in Oct!

Masha Sheikh Mudasir Jun 03, 2016

I Masha Sheikh Mudasir Hamza (Sheikh of Lagos State) and my wife were on Emirate Airline on Thursday 09/09/2010, flight Number :804 from Jeddah to Dubai.

I forgot an important Brief case with Black Colour at First Class Lunch in Jeddah Airport. I have made a report immediately we arrived in Dubai which I have not heard anything from them till now.

Iam an aged man of 85years, I have all my medicines in the bag including other valuable and pressures documents like:

(1) Blood preasure test
    (2) Three Wrist watches- Two out of which are golden watches, while remaining one is silvery (Al-Fagir)
    (3) Telephone – (Nokia E=90)
    (4) Important books
    (5) My Letter headed and My Business cards
    (6) Different SIM cards of ( London- Cairo-Morroco and Saudi)

I would very happy if my request is quickly attended to for the critical state of affairs.

Thanks for your assistance.

Maasalaam (God blessed)

+2348055116050

Yours Faithfully,

Masha Sheikh Mudasir Hamza

(Sheikh of Lagos State, Nigeria)

• Tr
    TravellerDestiny Jun 03, 2016

I created a facebook Group "Emirates Baggage Lost" for this.