Complaints & Reviews

discrimination

I work for a black woman at the Embassy Suites in Hampton VA. She is extremely prejudice against white employees and treats them terribly in comparison with her black employees. She is the manager of the restaurant. She is extremely intimidated by people (especially white) that have a good deal of experience in the restaurant industry.

Personally, she has held me back of certain jobs that would help me profit more because I am white and have FAR more experience than she does. I have overheard her saying this to other african-american employees.

She threatens white people all the time that they may lose thier jobs. She speaks badly of white employees to oter employees. VERY unprofessional!!

Her name is Sharrie and she either needs to be completely retrained in the managerial etiquette field or needs to be fired.

If this continues, I will file a racial discrimination lawsuit.

• Cj
    cj murray Jun 10, 2010

I made six reservations to the embassy suites in February 2010 for June 6-8 2010. We didn't get our as we had been told we would have. Also tryed to make reservations for the third wk in June and were told no rooms for this week. Then an employer told us that there were some corner rooms left. I have a BIG PROBLEM with you guys at this time. I would like to talk with someone about my concerns with the Embassy Suites in Hot Springs, Ar.

• Cj
    cj murray Jun 10, 2010

embassy suites

poor job performance

I lost My job to Spanish speaking non-American 2 days after I trained them and the reason they gave me was I had poor job performance so I wrote them this letter below and went back and got reference/names and there phone number of all the people I work with and they even said it was wrong of them and would say so if asked.

Message...
I Would like to speak with someone about an issue I am having with my former place of employment.

I was fired on Jan 23, 2007. I was told that it was because poor job performance but I am sure that I was discriminated against by my supervisor. I was working at Embassy Suites Downtown Tampa. I am African American and my supervisor was Dominican. She constantly put me down and talked to me like an idiot. She said I had a problem because I did not speak Spanish and that if I wanted to succeed in my job I should learn. I personally trained six other fellow employees and one supervisor flawlessly. It was not a part of my job to do so, I did it because she said I had to and she was of no assistance to me. I was never wrote up or reprimanded for any type of behavior. I am also disabled based on an impaired mental capacity. Even with the disability I preformed my job flawlessly. This can be proven by statements made from other supervisors, managers, customers and employees. I am not the only employee that this has happened to and all the other employees as well as myself has been replaced with a hispanic workers and many time this persons English language skills and job performance was very poor even after a period of time on the job. I enjoyed my job. I would like my job back or to seek restitution if I cannot have my job back. I have a family to support and my disability check does not cover all expenses. I feel deeply hurt and upset that this has happened to me.

There are a few other points I would like to make but I can wait until I speak to someone. If someone can be of assistance or lead me in the right direction I would be thankful.

• Sc
    Scott Weber Feb 04, 2008

You better sue them! I hate mexican ### that take our jobs! They're all over the place like viruses! I don't think you should have too learn there language, I think they should have to learn OUR language or go the f*ck home!

• St
    Steve Russell Feb 19, 2018

First of all, this is not a complaint. It is a complement. Last Saturday night (February 17th), I had a reservation at your Miami Airport location. Upon checking in I was told my reservation was cancelled by Priceline. I had flown in from out of the country and needed a room for the night to fly out to my home the next morning. A couple of problems. 1. The check in clerk told me to call Priceline and was not much help. 2. The biggest problem...there were no other rooms available anywhere in Miami. I finally asked the clerk to see the manager. He managed to get together a smoking room (at that time I was willing to take anything). He went out of his way to help a stranded customer. Before I was retired I was in customer service and no how to handle problems. Your manager there is someone that need to be commended. Truly I do not know where my wife and I would have spent the night if it wasn't for him. People like him is what you need to succeed in business

Steve Russell

• Yt
    Ythead1 Sep 03, 2018

I'm at your Alexandria location to celebrate Thanksgiving weekend . We decided to stay again Sunday November 26 . We where never told that Monday morning we would be woke up by construction work being done directly above our room since 7am, when we live 2 hours away . Our rest was broken . Totally unacceptable. Need to be compensated immediately.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices