eDreamshave stolen money from me through baggage scam

R

My name is Rachel Logan and on the 26/10/15 I flew from Lanzarote to Glasgow Prestwick, arranged and paid for through eDreams. I arrived at the airport to be told the two 15kilo luggage bags I had paid to take on the flight were not showing on my booking. I was advised eDreams have been doing this all summer to people. I was given a receipt and told to email it to eDreams. I have been driven to my wits end trying to get a refund. I have submitted the invoice on the website and emailed it as well. I have spent hours on the phone, racking up phone bills (£15 this month on phone calls to eDreams). I am a 21 year old girl, I notice £100 when it's been wrongfully taken from me. I amongst many others have been scammed by eDreams and they are now refusing to give me my money back. What am I supposed to do??????

• Em
    EmmaTee Oct 16, 2019

I am at my wit's end too. We booked with Edreams to go on holiday deciding to share one bag between us.

Our tickets were £331 plus one item of hold luggage on the outward bound flight.

However, we've been charged £717 on the card. I don't understand it. We did not knowingly go for any extras. I could have made a mistake. Have contacted Edreams three times. You have to use Facebook messenger and wait for 20 mins if a chat bot cannot help you (it couldn't and I waited). The human said he would send the invoice breakdown but that he couldn't just tell me on the chat. Fair enough. However, nothing arrived. Not in junk or any other folder. Contacted Edreams again. Chat bot said they would send invoice. 24 hours later still nothing. This time the human who I waited 20 mins to message, just fired stick responses to me without any relevance to my query and then stick me back on the queue. I waited another 40 mins. Nothing.

I'm so curious. The worst of it is, that when we arrived at Heathrow we were advised that we didn't have any hold luggage booked at all!

I cannot believe that Edreams are doing this. Above is the first sign of life from them. DO NOT USE THEM

• Ra
    RachelLogan93 Dec 02, 2015

What about the bank charges that came to £5 and the phone bill for £15?

I've literally had the most horrible experience. I've can't explain how difficult and stressful this whole thing has been, it's ridiculous that it has had to come to this.

The amount of time I have wasted and stress incurred due to your companies failing is beyond a joke.
    I want an explanation as to why my repeated calls and emails etc. haven't gotten me anywhere until now?
    Whilst I appreciate your response, I've been told I would get a refund before, and I'm still waiting.

I have suffered further outlay as a result of your negligence, I am entitled to reimbursement for this.

I could also pursue you for the mental anguish caused, however, I literally want to stop dealing with your company as soon as physically possible.

I expect £100 to be in my bank account by Wednesday the 9th of December.

Rachel

• Opodo Dec 01, 2015

Dear Rachel,

First of all, thank you for reviewing your experience and for bringing this matter to our attention.

A refund for the luggage expenses was requested and could be expected within 5 business days deposited towards the account of the card used for booking.

Please rest assured that if it had been within our complete control, we would have done our utmost in order to prevent that unpleasant experience.

Warm regards.