Edp Card / Amazon.com Visa CardMoney taken from checking account

J

EDP Card took $159.95 from my checking account via a pre-authorized check on May 8, 2007, for a registration fee. I unwittingly provided them my bank routing and account numbers, plus soc. sec. no., when I thought I was applying on-line for an Amazon.com Visa card on April 13, 2007. Somehow, the EDP application form came up on my screen in response to my clicking on the Amazon.com web site to sign up for their Visa card, which at the time offered $30.00 off the first purchase using the Visa. I never intended to request EDP, I have never benefited from them in any way, yet they took my money. I have no hard evidence as to how EDP's application came onto my screen while I was attempting to apply for the Amazon.com Visa. My bank said that the 10-day limit has expired since the check cleared on May 8, so they cannot guarantee they can get any of my money back, even though I called the bank the morning after I first found out, when I checked my monthly bank statement upon mail delivery on May 21. I hope someone will initiate a class action against EDP, to which I would gladly join.