Economy Car Rentalseconomy car rentals account number l802100, economy e-voucher number 3714604 and car rental provider confirmation number 36169786ca2

R

I am writing in regards to the Budget rental agreement number [protected] (economy car rentals account number L802100, economy e-Voucher number 3714604 and car rental provider confirmation number 36169786CA2)

First, I'd like to express my dissatisfaction with the dishonest approach of the rental company. It's the first time that a rental company cheated on my reservation. My reservation clearly states that I had an SUV Diesel, Jeep Renegade or similar reserved and paid for. I always rent SUV style cars when I travel. Upon arrival, the Budget representative at the counter was trying to give me a compact car (which is clearly not what I had reserved) and offered me an SUV for en additional 50 euros a day. When I hesitated, she offered an SUV for a special price of 25 euros a day. I clearly disagreed and when I asked for her employee ID number to file a complaint, she suddenly found the car I had requested in my reservation.

She also offered additional insurance, which I had already declined because I had the complete insurance with you the Enconomy Car Rentals and I'm also insured with my credit card company.

At the end of our stay in Sicily, I returned the car with its tank full. The gentleman accepting the return had a receipt ready with a charge of 68.25 euros for fuel up front option even though I had never asked for this option. He said that charge was going to be eliminated from the final bill. Also upon expecting the car, he found a scratch on the rear left wheel plating rim. (I have pictures available) He said there would be a charge for that. I'm truly surprised that a car rental company would even charge for a scratch on a wheel rim. It's part of regular usage.

To my surprise when I received my credit card statement, there is a charge of 905.47 CAD which equals approximately 590 euros. The amount payable at the desk should have been 130.97 euros + 39.71 for the wifi internet which should have been the total of 170.68 euros.

Given my experience with the Budget Car Rental in Sicily, I suspect fraudulent charges from their part. I requested a detailed bill with amounts and description of charges.

Should I not receive the detailed bill within the next 14 days, I will be be disputing the charges with my credit card company.

I'd like you to take action in the complaint and exerce pressure on the car rental company on fraudulent charges.

With best regards,

Robert Pilarski
[protected]@gmail.com (could you please change the email address on my account which is still showing at [protected]@mac.com, I haven't used this email in over 15 years)
[protected]

• Updated by Robert Pilarski · Aug 07, 2018

I have just received a very strange phone call from someone who passed himself to be from Economy Car Rentals but was giving me information regarding the reservation with Budget Catania. I do hope to have been a victim of a prank phone call because the conversation was very inappropriate.

The person speaking with a rather strong accent in English stated to be named Caspio. He insisted that the fuel up front charges were a routine practice even though I returned the tank full. He also stated that the additional charges were a result of some speeding tickets. I would love to know when and where I got the speeding ticket since I barely drove the car besides going to and coming from the airport. The man also called me a "stupid person", a "stupid man" and an "[censored]". Then he asked me if I wanted to talk to his supervisor, which naturally I did. The "supervisor" who seemed to be speaking sometimes with a thick accent and sometimes with a North American accent continued on offending me. The number showed on the caller ID as a New York number +[protected]. When I called back the person spoke with an clear Australian accent. I'd like to know if anyone from your company in fact did call me. If the peson did call me, I demand explanations and apologies.

I would also like to know if you had a chance to contact Budget Car Rental in Catania regarding my complaint.

Hoping that I have been a victim of a prank phone call, I'm looking forward to hearing for you very soon.

Robert Pilarski

P. S. I've included information on the phone number. I imagine it was a computer generated call coming from elsewhere.

Comments