Ecco ShoesI no longer buy ecco!

It appears that nothing has changed at Ecco. I used to buy Ecco shoes for their comfort but found that on three pairs of shoes the centres of the soles came away after little wear. The reason for this as far as I could observe was simple. It appears to be that they stamp their 'Ecco' brand name large and very deeply into the rubber sole to the extent that it weakens around that area. Believing that I was doing them a favor, I wrote to them (no reply) and subsequently spoke to them (with little courtesy). They told me to send the shoes back to them. I replied that I would if they sent me the postage or they could ask their local dealer (just up the road from me) to pick them up. They refused. Their customer service is appalling. I no longer buy Ecco. End of story.

RESOLVED

• Ecco's response · Oct 11, 2018

Hi Phil. You can send your golf shoes into us for a Warranty Claim no problem. To submit a Warranty Claim, simply visit www.us.ecco.com . On the bottom navigation, under SERVICES, select Warranty. The Warranty Claim process will be explained in detail. You will be prompted for all the needed information. For sole issues, the warranty goes beyond the one year. Once complete, you can print your Prepaid Return Label or E-mail it to yourself to print later. Then, simply package up your shoes, apply this label and drop off at any US Post Office. You will receive an e-mail when your shoes arrive at ECCO. Nancy ECCO CUSTOMER SERVICE

• Ecco's response · Oct 02, 2018

You can go to our website at eccousa.com to submit a claim. For sole issues, the warranty goes beyond the 1 year. At the bottom of the home page, you will see Warranty under Services. Click on this to submit a claim and receive a prepaid return label so you can send in to us. Nancy ECCO Customer Service

• Юлия Севрук Mar 01, 2020

Website Eccouk.com is fake! I'm have 2 orders with shoes and lost my money!!! Please, to close this website!!! SCAMMERS IN THIS WEBSITE!

Jane Costello Feb 12, 2020

Similar customer experiences on internet suggesting other customers experiencing the same, however nobody seems to have been in contact with you. Have you experienced this with other customers? Have you exchanged other customers footwear? Please advise [protected]

• Mi
    MikaelNordenfors Jan 20, 2020

Is the site eccoeuoutlet.com a real seller of Ecco products? It´s advertised via Facebook - see photo below. They claim to sell Eccoshoes and on the accout, bank account slip, the word yaaosj is displayed when the sum is drawn in dollars.

• Re
    Rev. James Hunter Jr. Oct 07, 2019

I won these golf shoes in a tournament and I notice that the hill on right is cracked. like it didn't have enough support and the toe on the right shoe is loose
    I play a, small amount of golf, so there is no reason these shoes should be coming a loose.
    My Name is: Rev. James Hunter Jr.

(p.s. view attachment)

• Al
    Alice Curtiss May 31, 2019

Hi ECCO ! Please respond if you can. I love my Ecco shoes and have had a couple replaced under warranty. The question people want to know is, has Ecco fixed the problem with their soles? Is a new formula being used now for the rubber in the soles? Has the problem been fixed???

• Cl
    Clickyclock Jan 15, 2019

Well after reading all this I will not be buying ECCO SHOES any more. My problem is simple compared to others but I had trouble with the laces. They gathered up so I could not pull them up through the holes to do then up. I tried very hard to buy more laces from them but told they most likely could not supply, BUT would get back to me. What a surprise they never bothered!! I have now emailed them & had NO reply. Their Customer Service is appalling. I have bought laces elsewhere but they are not quite the same & I'm very disappointed as I have bought ECCO Shoes for years & have always been a constant customer.

• Dr
    DRY Dec 24, 2018

I have worn Ecco shoes almost exclusively for 10 to 12 years. I still wear them and when the soles of one pair began to literally crumble last year I thought it was just a fluke. However, after noticing black crumbs on the shoe shelves in my closet recently, I realized I have 5 other pair of Eccos with the soles either crumbling or breaking in half! I have 12 pair of Eccos and I'm concerned now that all of them will soon be ruined.
    I decided to check on line for similar complaints and was surprised to find pages of complaints. I purchased all 12 pairs at Dillards and when I recently asked the salesperson about the problem with the soles he acted surprised! (Surely they know it is a huge problem).

I will file a claim with Ecco and provide an update when I hear back from them.

• St
    STeven Smith Dec 19, 2018

Don't buy Eccos. I had two pairs of shoes that I did not wear very often have the heels literally disintegrate. I went to my shoe repair place and they siad this is a known issue and don't expect Eccos to last very long. No one should buy an Ecco shoe anymore. In the past, I had Ecco shoes and they were great, but obviously, there is some sort of issue and they have not resolved it. Buying Ecco shoes is a complete rip-off. DO NOT BUY ECCO SHOES.

• Ta
    TAN kang yeow Nov 14, 2018

I hope can ECCO change the lauzy shoe quality to higher quality. It is just like fake ECCO shoe. I'm not complaining one shoe. It is a 5 shoes I took.

• Ta
    TAN kang yeow Nov 14, 2018

Can I claim my house between one year. Coz every year my ECCO shoe spoil. And I spend 200 euro. Disappointed.

• We
    Welshgalles Oct 07, 2018

I have a problem with my golf shoes. They are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn and I love them to bits. The problem is that the sole on the left shoe has separated .. well, it seems to have literally separated so that the sole flaps around. I fortunately realised something was going wrong on the 18th hole just as I was preparing my final putt so thankfully the round was not spoiled. Had to buy a new pair of golf shoes but the pro didn't stock ECCO so I bought a different pair for the remainder of the holiday.
    So, Ecco, should I just give up and go with cheaper golf shoes or can you repair them? I don't particularly want to buy Ecco again as this time they may well outlive me as I'm 73. Should this happen to your golf shoes after I have worn them for only fifteen years?
    Phil Thomas

• Ec
    [email protected] Nov 27, 2018

@Welshgalles We do not repair but this may be covered under our warranty. Please go to us.ecco.com and select WARRANTY on the bottom nav under SERVICES. You will be prompted for all the needed info to receive a Warranty Claim # and a Prepaid Return Label to send you golf shoes into ECCO. We will contact you once we receive them. Nancy ECCO USA Customer Service.

• Rw
    R Watkins Sep 08, 2018

The last two pairs of ecco shoes I bought fell apart, I have had several pairs in the past and found them to very hard wearing seem to last for ever.
    I have been singing there praise to all my family and friends (what a fool I feel now)
    Warning don, t buy under any circumstances . BOB.

Par golfer Sep 06, 2018

Bought a pair of high dollar ecco golf shoes. Wore them 4 times and every time I wore them the front cleat would fall out. I bought new ones and same thing. Ecco said it was not covered under warranty. That was a $139.99 mistake I won't make again. Don't buy their shoes

• Do
    Dom Domo Jun 05, 2018

I bought a pair of fairly expensive shoes in the sale in February but within less than three months those shoes had become faulty where the sole had split.

Having contacted customer services, I received an indifferent response asking me if I lived anywhere near one of their stores. I had already supplied them with clear photographic evidence of the faulty shoe along with details of my original purchase so I expected them to send out a replacement pair as is usual in these situations.

Having looked at their website but not found the same shoes, I decided to visit my nearest store as advised by the customer services department. Sure enough, the shoes had been discontinued (they could and should have told me this from the start) so I was asked if I wanted to look through the range of shoes they had on display.

I found one pair of shoes that I liked, there weren’t any that were close to the original pair that I had bought. Having tried these on I decided I would be happy to have these as a replacement. However, when I got to the checkout to pay for some insoles I wanted to buy, I was told that I had an extra £48 to pay for these replacement shoes.

These new replacement shoes were in fact less expensive than the original pair that I bought, except that they did not happen to be in the sale meaning that their actual price was more than the sale price of the original shoes.

Rather than offer me a refund or replace my shoes with another pair of shoes, I was made to pay extra for these faulty shoes as well as waste my time in having to go to the store etc.

I accept that sometimes things do become faulty but I do not expect to be treated with such contempt by a retailer. If you want durable shoes and / or good customer service then don’t buy your shoes from Ecco!

• Ro
    Rolef May 30, 2018

Hello
    Anyone here know who to write too. to notify ECCO on design issues? Rolef Ohlroggen

• Ke
    Ken Walker May 28, 2018

I'm very disappointed in my ECCO black dress shoes with rubber soles. The sole has come unglued from the upper and the inside of the heel has completely disintegrated and fallen out of the sole. I have never seen a sole do anything like this before, and judging from the above comments it has happened to many many people! And who guarantees a quality shoe for only one year? Add me to the list of dissatisfied customers that will never buy an Ecco shoe again.

• Un
    Unhappy Ecco Customer Apr 26, 2018

I'm another very unhappy Ecco customer from Australia. I have had 3 pairs disintegrate before being worn out.
    I threw the first pair away.
    I returned the second pair and was given an 'allowance' of $100 toward a new pair .
    After a very acrimonious conversation with the Customer Services Manager I was given a $50 allowance for the third pair, which I have decided not to use.
    I have been Ecco's most enthusiastic customer until now. I realise that these shoes are faulty and the company does not stand by its customers.
    No more Ecccos for me!
    Unfortunately, I have 5 pairs of Eccos in my cupboard at the moment. I'm now waiting for them to start to disintegrate..
    Sandra Hutton.(26thApril 2018)

• Ro
    Rosa Gold Feb 07, 2018

I had several times the same problem with the sole of the ECCO shoes. You would think that after so many customers with unhappy complaints they would something about it. I am going to try my luck with the Customer Service. There is no reason for a so call a reputable product to have such a terrible manufacturer defect that the product cannot be used to its extend. It does not happen with other competitor shoe manufacturers.

• Pe
    Peter Sandal Jun 20, 2017

My Ecco sandals developed a split crosswise on the soles, I thought "ah well I don't wear them in the wet". I then brought them out last week for the few days of British summer, and to my surprise the soles have degraded at the heels into a powder, this could be planned obsolescence at its most spectacular judging by other comments. More disappointed than anything; imagine opening a book that you haven't read for a while, only to discover the print had faded to invisible?

• Al
    Allan Rosenberg Jun 19, 2017

Please accept ECCO's appologies for the inconvenience caused by the situation. Could I kindly ask you to send us an e-mail with your contact details as well as pictures of the shoes in question when we will take appropriate action.
    Best regards
    Allan Rosenberg
    General Manager
    ECCO Middle East A/S
    [email protected]

• Si
    simin2216 Jun 13, 2017

Ecco is a junk . I west my money .from one month ago until now I have blister in my foot fingers from ecco shoes . I only wear it for one time . One month ago I bought a ecco shoes model touch flat form santiago from ahwaz in iran . When I test it in store it was comfortable. But tomorrow I wear it for 6 hours and because swell of my foot in long hours the lether must have flexibility but it was terrible painful and all my foot fingers make blister until now ...specialy it has a lether ring around the lether of foot that it work like a force clamp and avoid to flexibility of the lether .this disign is not suitable for comfortable shoes . The disigner was fool . When I described for sells man and your expert in tehran they didn't accept my problem . I want to pay back my money... I west my money . I want my money . It was junk . I advice my friends to avoid west their mony for ecco shoes.

• Si
    simin2216 Jun 13, 2017

Ecco is a junk . I west my money .from one month ago until now I have blister from ecco shoes . I only wear it for one time . One month ago I bought a ecco shoes model touch flat form santiago from ahwaz in iran . When I test it in store it was comfortable. But tomorrow I wear it for 6 hours and because swell of my foot in long hours the lether must have flexibility but it was terrible painful and all my foot fingers make blister until now ...specialy it has a lether ring around the lether of foot that it work like a force clamp and avoid to flexibility of the lether .this disign is not suitable for comfortable shoes . The disigner was fool . When I described for sells man and your expert in tehran they didn't accept my problem . I want to pay back my moneyo... I west my mony . I want my mony . It was junk . I advice my friends to avoid west their mony for ecco shoes. The disigner is fool

• Sj
    SJR4 May 15, 2017

I bought a pair of Ecco ankle boots at end Oct 2015 i tried on many makes of shoe to find Ecco was the most comfortable. I have worn them approximately for 1 year and noticed a hole in the bottom of the sole on one shoe. It has worn away right through to the inside lining and has split across near to the front of the shoe. These cost £120.00 at the time but i didn't mind as they were so comfortable you don't mind paying more for comfort. I took them to the shoe menders and was told nothing can be done so looks like these are a "write-off".
    My local store where purchased closed down at end February this year so no luck there, but looks like not much luck from Ecco itself after reading all these reports.

• As
    As Ir Cara Apr 19, 2017

I bought my eco sneakers in Galway Ireland. Soles are still ok after 3months of use but glue is coming off and the leather is coming apart on the sides and top. 3months. I had eco boots for 3years before that I was really happy with. But not sure about the brand anymore.

• Da
    Dale Marxen Mar 27, 2017

Offhand, I remember buying six pairs of Ecco shoes. Only two pairs had soles that were not defective (at least not so far). Three pairs of Ecco Cross shoes had their soles disintegrate on the shelf. Another pair of winter short boots had their soles develop a big crack that allowed in water, even though the tops were equipped with Goretex, etc., and remained perfect. The fifth pair of shoes I am going to try to return today after 3 months of little use, because the leather on the top has separated in front of the stitching. It does not appear to be a problem with the stitching, but the leather itself must have been cut inadvertently in construction, or the leather was otherwise defective. It is unbelievable that a company can get by with an 80% record of defective merchandise. I was not able to return any of the first four defectives -- I am hoping that the fifth will be more successful. I have the original box and the receipt, so we'll see what happens. If I buy any more Ecco shoes, I will have to ask my wife to shoot me, as I have really lost it!

PAddyjB Feb 23, 2017

My husband has been dealing with athletics feet for a few years.. He now discovers his Ecco shoes has been doing it all along. He discover underneath the leather sole BLACK MOLD in both his pairs of dress shoes he wears to work. The mold was attached to the absorbent green lining and the inside the sole. I called to ask coustemer service what to do and they said clean them, buy new inner soles, and wear them. Every day take out the leather inner soles and hang them on a shoe tree or put news paper in them!!! Really!!! The shoes are going in the garbage and never again! We live in California and up to this winter we haven't had rain in years!!
    Very disappointed!! No help from Ecco Shoes whatsoever!

• El
    Eleanor McNamee Dec 21, 2016

Having read more of the comments here I wonder if it is worth my while paying postage to return my shoes as Ecco do not appear to be concerned about customer satisfaction. I do however think this would be a good topic
    for media exposure.

• El
    Eleanor McNamee Dec 21, 2016

Yesterday I put on my black patent flat shoes to go out for Christmas drinks And guess what, as I was about to leave the house the soles disintegrated. Had this happened a few minutes late I would have been left shoeless. These are shoes which have been worn only occasionally indoors.
    A few months ago I had to throw out a pair of my husbands Ecco's for the same reason. I have a selection of Ecco trainers, boots and shoes of various kinds for years which were purchased with confidence in the quality. That quality has now gone and Ecco is trading on past reputation. Footwear on which the soles disintegrate like this is not fit for purpose even on cheaper brands.. It is no longer worth investing in this rubbish.
    Ecco obviously know they have a problem with the soles and should be prepared to compensate victims of this sole fiasco. If they were a reputable company they would have arrange a recall on theses faulty goods. If they did so I am not aware of it.
    I am returning my shoes . Will keep you posted about response.

• Li
    Liz R Oct 13, 2016

I bought a lot of Ecco shoes over the past 20 years. Their comfort and quality have always been hit and miss. And when it's a miss, it's quite spectacular: I had three pairs whose soles disintegrated into crumbly little pieces while their leather uppers looked new; I had three pairs of sandals so uncomfortable they were impossible to wear. I never took any of them back. My most recent $160 purchase two months ago, Ecco Terra Trail sneakers, had the top layer of material rub off of their toes after one time in the gym with carpeted floors. How ridiculous is this?! The shoes still looked brand new, except for a "bald" spot on one of the toes. With the original sales receipt, packed in their original box, I took them to the retailer (Letellier Shoes in Ottawa, Canada). They contacted Ecco and told me it was wear & tear, suck it up, buttercup. Now I know exactly what brand of shoes not to buy.

John Boswell, Sr. Jun 21, 2016

Ecco Shoes are great to wear but their prices do not wear well. $160.00 is ridiculous for a pair of shoes. I can buy Cole-Hahn or Freeman or many other brands for 2/3 that cost. Why do you feel obligated to charge so much? You ought to be ashamed to stick it to the public.

John Boswell, Sr.
    BBA;MBA;'CPM;PESA
    Founder/C.E.O.
    J.B. Resource Mgt. Inc.
    Our 36th year of service
    to Oil/Gas Industry

• Co
    colinj May 12, 2016

Bought from Ecco Online shop and the shoes are different sizes L&R even although both are marked 43. Lousy customer service, they complained that they couldn't resell them because I wore them once!!! They would resell shoes that were faulty?
    Buy another make, that's my advice, this company are unprofessional and do not deserve success.

chloe12jade Apr 14, 2016

I have been an ardent ecco shoe fan for 25 years, both myself and my husband have bought no other brands. They are first for somfort.- but a few weeks ago he notices h is boots ( about 5 years old, but had veyr little wear) had developed holes in both soles. The tread was still intact. Then we checked his newest pair ( about 3 years old = also had little wear) and they soles on both had split right across. I emailed head office, and they asked for photos, which we sent. Then we were asked to contact Cambridge store, and we posted both pairs at at cost to us of £13! After several emails we had an offer of 1 replacement pair - but only if we could show proof of purchase. Unfortunately they were purchased online and I was unable to trace the payment back through by paypal account ( which only went back 2 years.) I emailed explaining this to Cambridge, and requesting the return of my husbands footwear. - which we are still waiting for. Aparently the company can date the shoes by the serial number in each item, so they know when and where they were manufactured. - in Slovakia. Obviously there is a manufacturing fault in this factory which they are reluctant to admit! No more ecco's for us. We will go to HOTTERS - made in the UK.

• Ry
    ryaski Dec 18, 2015

I have an expensive pair of Ecco shoes that were sitting in my closet...almost no wear on them at all... I took them out and the soles are falling off! You can gouge them with your finger...!!
    Many other people have complained of the same problem.
    Very expensive junk...nice uppers, comfortable and then they simply disintegrate.

• Re
    Reviewer93372 Nov 28, 2015

Ecco shoes are comfortable but sadly their rubber heels disintegrate after 3 years. Customer service said today [protected]) that they no longer "address the issue" I've appreciated Ecco's comfort but will not buy Ecco again.

Paul Vickerstaff Nov 17, 2015

As previously requested, please will you refer this to your manager. Once again, I buy a lot of shoes from Ecco and would like this resolved immediately. It really is simple! I do not want to resort to writing to you Head Office over such a trivial matter

Paul V

From: shopeu.ecco.com
    Sent: 16 November 2015 13:39
    To:
    Subject: Re: ECCO/English - My order - Shortage

Dear Mr. Paul V.

Thank you for getting back to me.

I regret to hear that the proposed solution is not satisfactory. Please note that we unfortunately cannot place the order for you as we do not save your payment information. As mentioned in the email sent to you on the 13.11.2015, I am able to send you the Transparent Revive Cream as a gift as this is the color I have available on hand. The white color of the revive cream can only be ordered from the main ECCO storage and requires placing an order. Please find a free shipping voucher code for your order: CS-EC959572.

I hope I have informed you through this email and if there is anything else you would like to know, please contact us.

Best regards,

Akvile K.,

Your ECCO Customer Service Team

Phone number: [protected]

André Nickell Sep 25, 2015

I agree with all th above comments. I have had the same German made leather winter boots for over 30 years now, and the high quality rubber sole had progressively worn off--very slowly-- during that time. They are still good, what with the salt here in Montreal. The Eccos I bought at the Bay for around $250 lasted about two seasons, now the rubber comes off in chunks. So I think it's the quality of the rubber compound that is poor, plus the heavy "ecco" embossing that weaked the sole structure. Never Ecco again.

• Ti
    Timcondavis Sep 10, 2015

I bought a pair of $200 ECCO Biom Golf Shoes 3 months ago. The spikes have since worn down to the extent that I can’t get them out, and neither can 2 golf shops. (This is not normal, and I rotate my shoes between rounds.) Calling customer service, I was told that – seeing I had bought them online and not through ‘an authorized retailer’ – I was SOL no matter what my issue is. Next, worn out spikes are ‘a matter of your independent usage and do not represent any form of defect (on our part).’ After owning more than a dozen pairs of ECCO’s over the years, I an done with the company and its products now.

• Na
    Nagwa latif Jul 16, 2015

Dears,
    kindly i need your support for the below problem,
    i bought a sandal from Egypt Mall of Arabia branch in lat summer sale, i bought it for 500 LE, i didn't use it last summer, i use it only this summer, the last 3 months, also i did't wear it every day, suddenly i fond it take apart, the bottom side from the upper side
    i went to the branch to complain from 2 weeks, they said latterly when you want it to take apart, you bought it from 1 year,
    also said we will loss if we exchange it and you will not be pleased for our lost

i'm wondering why i bought a product from ecco if it will last only for 3 months
    i'm wondering that they don't want to lose money but they will lose them reputation
    note : they still have my sandal

i want a feedback from your side about your client in Egypt, the way that they treat the customers and the way that they sustain your reputation.

• Ab
    abeena Jul 14, 2015

This is something i want to tell you and this is something happening real in Qatar. Staff who working for Ecco in Qatar waering black uniformes also working in shoe mart dumond and on other brands as well and this is not good for ur brand picture. As a customer they will think this all are the same as when they see these Ecco staff are working in other brands. This is happening even without permition from management permition from Ecco. How this is possible abd how these people will concernstraight on Ecco products when they shift people here and there. This is under landmark group but still i beleive that brand ethics conditions will need to remain same globally. Please take care of this if not your brand name will be spoiled very sooner... thanks

• Ka
    Kawika Jun 28, 2015

Brand new, never worn Ecco goretex boots have sticky, cracking soles. No response from customer service. Tried three times to email them.