Having problems with Ecco?

Ecco reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 7, 2007. The latest review Golf shoes was posted on Sep 5, 2021. The latest complaint Ecco golf shoes was resolved on Aug 04, 2021. Ecco has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 221 reviews. Ecco has resolved 127 complaints.

Ecco Customer Service Contacts

8800 444 2525 (Russia)
+45 74 911 625 (Denmark)
+1 877 240 2365 (United States)
+44 172 682 9510 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 859 210 (Ireland)
+61 130 013 8099 (Australia)
+84 800 377 326 (New Zealand)
+32 28 990 810 (Belgium)
+385 13 445 790 (Croatia)
+420 327 710 080 (Czech Republic)
+372 618 9510 (Estonia)
+371 67 651 240 (Latvia & Estonia)
+370 52 077 850 (Lithiania)
+31 202 622 080 (Netherlands)
+421 233 325 590 (Slovakia)
+386 18 280 280 (Slovenia)
+65 69 088 030 (Singapore)
+82 316 284 800 (South Korea)
Industrivej 5

Flyginfarten 4, Postbox 1029, 177 38 Järfälla, Sweden

Switzerland
Rothusstrasse 17, 6331 Hünenberg, Switzerland

Turkey
Esentepe Mah. Buyukdere Cad. Bahar Sok., № 13 River Plaza Kat : 5/10, 34394 Sisli - Istanbul

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ecco Customer Service. Initial Ecco complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ecco above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ecco. Discuss the issues you have had with Ecco and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Ecco Complaints & Reviews, Page 11

Ecco Shoes — disintegrating soles

When the soles of my Ecco MX hiking boots turned to gel and layer underneath disintegrated and tracked black...

ECCO — ecco shoes customer service

bought some rx-7 sneakers from the ecco outlet in clinton, ct. one sneaker is completely off in the wrong...

Ecco Shoessoles falling apart

I'd been a huge fan of Ecco shoes for over 10 years. But I will not buy another pair now that I've had problems with multiple pairs. The problem is that their soles turn to mush and fall apart. It's almost as if they'd turned to jello.<br />
<br />
My biggest gripe is that their customer service dept has a bunch of [censored] bags working for them. They kept insisting that the warranty coverage is only for one year - even for manufacturing defects! They offered to send me a copy of their warranty so that I can review it; what an unprofessional thing to say to your customer!<br />
<br />
I asked to speak with their manager and ended up leaving a message on his voice mail; and of course, I never heard back.

• Ef
      e f desmarais Nov 24, 2013

apparently from what I read from other complaints ecco plans on doing nothing to correct my problems with my two 2 pairs of expensive ECCO SHOES hopefully i will hear from you people at ECCO ED DESMARAIS 65 LAKEVIEW ROAD LINCOLN R I 02865 E MAIL [email protected]

• Pm
      PM49 Jun 28, 2010

The soles of mine turned to mush also. There's some kind of inherent defect in the sole material.

Ecco Shoes — soles rotting off

I have 8 pairs of Ecco shoes that are cursed with rotting soles. This is upsetting, as after a few yrs of...

Ecco Shoes — shoes (sole) falling apart

Shoe Style ecco shaker My Dr. recommended your brand. I bought a few pairs a few years ago.The reason I buy...

ECCO — soles tear apart

I've bought four or five pairs of Ecco Track shoes over the years because they were especially...

Ecco Sole Repair??? Yea Or Nay?soles fell off

Bought my husband a nice pair of Ecco dress shoes...even if he doesn't get "gussied up " all that often. Needless to say they sat in the closet, but when he tried to wear them recently for the first time in a while, the soles split across the ball of the sole and chunks of the heel and toes fell off. I took them to a cobbler, he told me he has seen alot of these and there is nothing he can do. There are websites that I can mail the shoes to and get them repaired for $65, but what will I get back? Anyone try this ??? They look new on top and rotton on the bottom. So much for a quality product...

Ecco Shoes — terrible experience

I purchased a pair of Ecco walkers several years ago. Most compfortable shoes I had ever owned, and the most...

Ecco Shoes — fall apart

My Ecco Shoes just fell apart, with very little wear and great maintenance - they always had shoe trees and...

ECCOcheating customer

Bad experience (add words) :
      Mr K Moore, I agree with you too. I bought a pair of this Ecco in HK to my dad celebrate his birthday, the reason I bought because he loves the pair (ECCO) he is wearing now (MADE IN JAPAN) that he bought many years ago in HK, after we back home open the box happily, we by accident pull out the shoe pad found out a word 'MADE IN CHINA' printed inside the shoes on the shoe pad which is not very very obvious be seen if you simply just look into the shoes, we questioned WHY NOT printed 'made in China' on the sole of the shoes but NO WORDS show on the sole????
      We don't mean products made in China is bad, but since the price is expensive, HKD1300 (even after discount, it is HKD1040), the sales of Ecco said the shoes is made in Europe, we questioned why the shoes is not made in Denmark or Europe but CHINA !! The shoes made in China, it really doesn't worth HKD1040 for a shoes since we know very well about China. Why sales of Ecco cheating us??? WHY ???? Also the sales said the shoes have air-max, I think the sales also cheating us too !!!
      Ecco claims itself a Denmark shoe making company, it is cheating he customers by printing MADE in CHINA inside the dark side of the shoe, we are very disappointed, I also think my dad will experience the same as Mr K Moore soon.
      Ecco, you will lose four more customers forever (include other family people) !!!

ecco.com > men > business > basic > boston > Art. no. [protected]

• Ec
          eccowalker2 Apr 27, 2011

correction: ...They are now made in China...

• Ec
          eccowalker2 Apr 27, 2011

I bought a pair of Ecco Walker in HK more than 10 years ago. It is still going strong, because it is made in Japan. I like this shoe a lot and I was looking for it when I visited HK recently. They are not made in China and comparing to mine, the quality is very poor. It just looks cheap next to my old pair. I have other Ecco dress shoes that had sole problems. I bought two pairs of the same style by different colors at the same time. After a few months, one pair's sole cracked across the ball of my foot. The other pair was fine. Go figure.

ECCO — warranty

I have had to call ECCO customer service dept. and not had any problems I don't know how some of you can...

Ecco Shoes — three times with three different ecco shoes!!!

I am not that big of a sucker that I bought more Ecco shoes after my fist one disintegrated, I just had a...

Ecco Shoes — soles/heels blew apart

While in New York with only my Ecco lace-ups for shoes, I was horrified to discover they the left heel had...

Ecco Shade Slip On Shoes — poorly made shoe

These shoes are the worst shoes I have ever purchased. They are advertised as medium width shoes, but in...

Ecco Shoessoles desintegrate - on brand new shoes

STAY AWAY FROM ECCO SHOES. I have purchase several pairs of ECCO Shoes, and in every one of them the soles have disintegrated after being worn for a short period of time and they do not stand behind their brand. This has not happened to me with any other brand, and I own MANY pairs of shoes

The latest case was a pair of sandals, which I wore only a couple of times. And I mean a couple of times, the upper portion of the sandals are brand new, with absolutely no sings of wear AT ALL. If you would like it I can send you the pictures so you can see them. I sent them to ECCO, and they returned them this week indicating that:

1.- “Ecco offers a one-year warranty on all their shoes. After evaluating your shoes, it has been determined, based on the model that they exceed the one year warranty period.”

2.- “When repairing Ecco shoes, we remove several layers of the original sole. Unfortunately base layer of polyurethane is deteriorating, therefore, we are unable to bond a new sole to your shoe.”

As you can see, when buying ECCO shoes, you must find out when they were manufactured, to make sure that you have a chance at the “one year warranty”.

It is amassing that shoes of this cost, and claimed quality, will fall apart after wearing them for only a couple of times. These are totally undependable shoes. Absolutely not a shoe to be taken on trips when you plan to do a lot of walking, or you run a good chance of having to buy a new pair of shoes to finish the trip. Like I said, I only wore these sandals a couple of times, and now I can through them away.

• Gr
            Grace Yu Mar 28, 2012

I have few pairs of ecco shoes during these few years. i bought one new pair of ecco shoes in end Feb 2012 at singapore ION shop. The disign is nice but the shoes sole is very slippery during the raining day, i could not control myself and had a fell against my back until now still not recovered and back still painful. I will not considered in future to purchase Ecco brand of shoes. it really bad experience of it. I think the shoes quality are no good compare to last time.

• Ki
            Kirk Strauser Sep 13, 2008

This is a well-known and widely-experienced problem with Ecco Shoes. See http://honeypot.net/my-ecco-shoes-are-junk for a lot of stories. If you still have pictures, please send them to me and I'll post them.

Ecco Shoes — outer sles disintergrating

I bought nice Walking Shoe Ecco, black Lace up with Gore -tex, water proved. The outer Soles have...

ECCO — soles deteriorate

I have a number of pairs of Ecco sandals and boots. The soles have deteriorated after little wear on 3 pair...

ECCOsole deteriorate

I have a pair of Ecco shoes where the soles have deteriorated. Rest of the shoes are in perfect like new condition. The layer of polyurethane has deteriorated where they are unable to bond a new sole to the shoes.

They are over a year old and Ecco has a year warranty. It doesn't matter if they are made of defective matterial, Ecco does not stand behind of their product. For such an expensive shoe this is unacceptable.

This is my second pair of Ecco shoes where the soles have deteriorted. I had always thought Ecco to be an excellent brand to buy, but not anymore. I will never buy Ecco shoes again.

• Ca
              Carlo808 Dec 01, 2018

I had the same problem with my Ecco shoes that cost me $200. After time, even if you dont wear the shoe that much, the rubber on the bottom just starts crumbling, you can just literally peel it off with your fingers. The funny thing is (I mean that in a sarcastic way) the reason I buy shoes that cost more is not only the comfort but that they last longer, so I thought, I was wrong in thinking they last a long time.

- Paul B.

• To
              Tom Nov 09, 2008

Same problem Bought a pair of Track II Ecco shoes to celebrate my first pay check out of college. Payed over $100.
              A little over a year later, the sole had deteriorated and started falling off. The leather was still in great shape but it was too late and not the kind of sole that can be redone.

Love the styling. Hate the quality.

-- Tom

John Pettitt Sep 16, 2008

I also have had the same problem with a pair of sandals. The sole has come away in chunks. I was going to send them back until I saw your email, but realise it is a waste of postage and time. Thanks for your comments. I too will not buy another pair of ECCO sandals.

• Ph
              P H Jul 02, 2008

Same story. Ecco replaced the soles and they fell apart too.

ECCO — high prices for throw away quality

I have (had) a pair of ecco boots, insulated, gore tex lined. no problem with the water proof aspect, but...

Ecco Shoes — non of them was water proof!

I have bought two winter boot as a water proof shoes "Ecco shoes" which was in last October 2007,and...