Easy SaverAny solutions? Unauthorized charges by Easy Saver

I ordered Flowers through Pro Flowers.com and was offered a rebate if I tried this rewards program. Must be I missed the fine print because all of a sudden, a charge for $1.95 showed up on my bank account for EASY SAVER. I called the number given and cancelled right away and the rep assured me that no further charges would be made, but from the sounds of most complaints about this company, it may be that they will keep charging me. So, I'm going to cancel my credit card and get another one through my bank if they make another unauthorized charge.

My issue is, are there any other options? What power do I have against this company besides disrupting my own life to assure there are not further charges to my account.

Oh, and the website they give for canceling your membership is totally bogus! http://cancel.myeasysaver.com

• Ro
    Robert Valdes May 19, 2008

Feb 6, 2008 I ordered Valentine Flowers from PROFLOWERS.COM
    I paid $39.99 for the flowers & candy
    $3.40 Tax
    $9.99 Delivery
    $9.99 Guaranteed Feb 14 Delivery
    $63.37 TOTAL
    I was offered free delivery if I joined the “Insider Club” and I would be billed $5.99 per month.
    I rejected the offer and paid the full $63.37. I was billed to my Capital One credit card on Feb 14, 2008
    I have received a Charge from Easy Saver on My Capital One credit card.
    Easy Saver is affiliated with the other three firms (Cherry Moon, Secret Spoon and ProFlowers)
    I was billed $1.95 on Feb. 7; $14.95 on Mar.7; $14.95 on Apr. 4; and $14.95 on May. 3
    I never had any business with “EASY SAVER” .I never gave “EASY SAVER” my credit card number.
    I assume they got it from ProFlowers which is the only of these firms with which I did any business.
    This is totally fraudulent and the $46.80 which they charged was totally illegal

Martha May 23, 2008

I too just received a letter thanking me for my membership... I tried their website which they insist you try first and got no where... I called and spoke with "Joe" - he tells me that somehow I signed up when I ordered something from Blair - told him if it were clear that I was going to be charged $14.95/month I never would have signed up... he told me that he would cancel so there would be no "further" charges... when asked about present charges, he said my card had already been billed... I told him I would be in touch with my credit card co and would protest the charge and would report them... he very quickly told me he would have a credit issued... jeeze these people are crooks...

• Ca
    Carol Jun 09, 2008

I received two $1.00 charges on my credit card statement, luckily I called the credit card company and they called the easy saver and american leisure people who charged my account and had any future charges cancelled. Also, when I called the easy saver people, they wanted me to give them my credit card number (which of course I did not do), I told them if they could charge my credit card, they must already have it. Then I immediately called my credit card company. I have no idea where these charges originated. Today I received some membership info from Hertz with an enrollment date of 04/30/08 w/a membership fee of $16.95 with a scheduled billing date of 06/05/08. I tried to cancel with easy saver and was directed to all kinds of sites, none of them to cancel. Beware, these people are crooks!!!

• Gr
    gregory wiesner /and don' Jun 11, 2008

you people have so balls its a good thing your not in front of me between you and leisure taking my money from my account will stop, now today, i have already reported you so bye ### holes

• Ru
    RUNNER Jun 12, 2008

I was billed by ezsaver and americanliesure . This is the 1st mo. I noticed the charges (my bad) and tried to use the web site provided for each. Ha Ha... No such animals. Then I read the comments of another person in this web site and called [protected] and was able to cancel both!!!
    Good Luck folks...

• Vi
    Vicki Jul 02, 2008

I called my bank and they were able to give me the following toll free number [protected]. The automated voice does mention the cancel. myeasysaver.com website (which I also discovered was a bust). However, if you don't hang up right then, there's an option to cancel your membership by pressing "1." You then enter your 10-digit phone number (NOT credit card number) and are given a cancellation number.

I'll check next month to make sure I'm not charged again. If that fails, my bank offered to cancel my debit card (the charges were to my debit card--not a credit card) and issue me a new one. I imagine your credit card company should be able to do the same.

• Rc
    R. Clind-Thomas Jul 24, 2008

For several months now I am being charged almost $20 by EZ Saver for some service I do not recall ever requesting. I would be grateful if someone would tell me what service I signed up for and when. I may have forgotten. Otherwise I consider the charges fraudulent. So, please explain the charges to my account.

• Je
    jesus Jul 25, 2008

I don't think I ever requested this service. every month I am being charged $19.80. I wanna know what the hell that is and I also want my god damn money back.

• As
    Ashley Mintz Aug 13, 2008

hate pro-flowers now! ez saver is horrible!

• Dm
    D. Maria Guerra Sep 17, 2008

please cancel me.

• Dm
    D. Maria Guerra Sep 17, 2008

please cancel me

• Ba
    Barry McKain Sep 23, 2008

To cancel membership call [protected]. I canceled mine.

Peter Smith Oct 03, 2008

No complaint, changed plans due to reinstatsment at job...

varfirmation #118252

billed on credit card

billed to credit card473a5

billed to credit card

• Li
    Linda Oct 03, 2008

Website to cancel easysaver is
    cancels.myeasysaver.com

• Da
    Darlene Annete Hensley Oct 06, 2008

FALSE FALSE FALSE CANCEL MY EASY SAVER NOW 10/06/2008 why waste time3 and postage? Because when you try to use them they arevoid but the company still continues to collect money from the so-called customers taking advantage especially of seniors and low income people.

• Da
    Darlene Annete Hensley Oct 06, 2008

this stinks . I think it should be totally banned in the state of missouri plus the whole usa

• De
    Deanna N Oct 23, 2008

After 4 months of automatic charges to my checking account for $14.95 I realized these charges were not just something I "forgot" I purchased. When my bank gave me the "sleezy saver" # I got the "you can cancel
    my easy saver.com" crap. No such site. My bank is refunding me for 3 mos of charges pending their findings. I told the ES customer "service" to cancel me but I have heard they may continue the thefts anyway. They told me I signed up with a purchase from "Blair" (catalog clothing) but I received no benefits from whatever this so called outfit offers. They must have found a way to appear to be operating legally since they have not been busted. I, like every one else is sick to death of these cheap cons and ripoff artists. If you call Easy Saver and listen to the ba ckground noise, it sounds just like a boiler room. Who is paying all these "employees". I am pissed!

• Do
    donna thompson Oct 23, 2008

i don't know what this bill i got in the mail is about and don't want to pay a fee. so please cancel this easy saver. thank you7

• Mo
    Molissa Oct 27, 2008

All of these people are correct! DO NOT GET THE EASY SAVER CARD!! It is such a rip off even if you did know about the sign up of it, they don't send you anything the say they will. It's basically and easy way for them to get paid even if you don't use any coupons or anything! What is the point in paying a company money to send you coupons so you can save on items at the store? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the coupons? I tried the email address of cancel.myeasysaver.com and it doesn't exist!!! Then I called the number and talked to "Judy" and she just kept telling me how I signed up and had the "greeting card" for more than 30 days and it was too late! I told her I hadn't used it nothing was sent to me or even wanted to use it and to refund my money and heard that this was a scam! She quickly said the money would be back on my card in 7-10 days. It had better or I will be letting my bank know so they won't allow another charge from them and my bank will give me that money back. Please be careful when you shop with your card. Even if it's a debit they will get your info.

• Em
    Emily Anthony Oct 27, 2008

I never authorized this money to come out of my account . This should be against the Law. Cancel, Cancel, Cancel Now!

• Lo
    Lorri A Hager Dec 04, 2008

i had the same thing happen to me i am disabled and I cannot afford for money to come out of my bank for something I did not sign up for, it even caused my account to bounce and messed me up paying my rent, and then those late fees. I would to know if anyone has been able to do something about them cause I sure would join in.
    Lorri

• Li
    Liz Dec 13, 2008

Easy Saver is a scam and as a company, does not really exist. Contact ProFlowers at:
    Company Name: Proflowers.com

E-mail address: [protected]@proflowers.com

Industry: Internet-based flower company

• Ka
    Kathy Ripp Feb 06, 2009

Easy savers is a rip-off. Numerous attempts to charge my credit card. Never signed up for there services but they felt it was okay to charge my card for 14.95 plus other fees for services unknown. Called and cancelled membership which seemed like they were use to doing. Do these people actually supply any kind of service? Some how they get ahold of your credit card info and play there games. Lets hope this is the end of it. 2/06/09
    K. Ripp

• Ye
    yeoman1979 Feb 13, 2009

Go to: http://www.oag.state.md.us and you can file a consumer complaint against the company with the Attorney Genenal's office for the state of Maryland where they operate out of. Enough consumer complaints can lead to legal action by the state AG's office. The parent companies name is: Encore Marketing International.

• Ju
    Judy Chun Mar 08, 2009

I have charges of 14.95 a month for a product I did not purchase.

• Gm
    Gma Mar 24, 2009

I fell for this scam and before I could call them to cancel I ended up in the hospital on life support. After about a month in the hospital I had totally forgotten about this. Just found the paperwork and have tried to call but so far I can't get any real people to talk to. As everyone else has discovered, the email address is bogus. From now on I will check the company on the Internet before I agree to anything.

How do they get my credit card number and banking information?

R. Mills

• Ka
    Kate Jun 04, 2009

I too ordered flowers from Pro-Flowers and applied for the $15 rebate. I was charged $1.95 in May, and then $14.95 again in June. I contacted Easy Saver [protected] and she informed me that they would credit my card. I asked how she received the information and she said I signed up for it...does not explain how they got my cc number. I contacted Pro flowers and was informed that Easy Saver is a pop up (my pop up blocker was on) and when I put my information in for the rebate, it automatically signed me up. This does not explain how how ES received my cc info, if PF is a secure site. I will not order from PF again, I do not trust them.

• Bi
    Big Spender (NOT!) Jul 31, 2009

I just got off the phone with Cindy at Easy Saver. She gave me a cancellation number, which I wrote down. She said I signed up through ProFlowers to save money on my travel expenses, etc. I told her I sure didn't save $45! I am going to fill out a form at the bank to see if I can get my money refunded.

I actually DO remember clicking on that box to SAVE $15 after ordering through ProFlowers, but I didn't have any idea I would LOSE that amount every month!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices