DVDDonkeyMoney taken nothing delivered!

C

I ordered some dvd's got an order number with a shipping number, they took money from my credit card account but got nothing from them, I could not track the parcel, I contacted Canada post they said there was no such number, I've tried to contact DVDonkey but they won't reply to my e-mails and don't answer their phones.

Like many others I think I've been ripped off, I wish I'd seen these complaints before giving these people my money.

• Id
    Ida Herzog Oct 30, 2007

I ordered The TV series of Columbo from dvddonkey. After I received them I noticed that they were poor quality and wondered if I had accidentally ordered from a Pirate company. By the second and third discs I knew I had been had. Some of the shows are incomplete, some freeze part way through and will not continue to play. Some start in the middle of a show. The last disc I tried to watch has all of the people and background totally GREEN. I emailed dvddonkey and got no response. The next time I tried to e mail them I cannot get their web site to come up. The phone number always says it cannot be reached at this time. I have entered the charge into dispute with my credit card company. Please stop this company! They are pirates and thieves and need to be prosecuted.

• Ge
    Geoff Edwards Oct 30, 2007

I ordered a box set of DVDS of the TV series The Untouchables weeks ago. Loss to my account was $178.98, american dollars, including shipping. No arrival yet here in Australia. Cannot contact the firm. Did anyone ever receive DVDS through this scammer?

• Cg
    c. g. watson Nov 07, 2007

Could not contact by phone. Could not contact by email. Never received notice confirming order process. Got my money which i am contesting with my card account. Either their phone is not working or no one answers or returns my call.

• Pa
    Patricia Lynn Bearup Nov 09, 2007

Ordered on November 2nd 2007, after completing order company stated they would contact me via email with invoice of what I ordered. I've gotten nothing from them. Today's date is Nov 9th. When I'm on their web site and try the contact us page there is no way to tell what information they want, it's covering more than half the page.

• Jt
    J. Thomson Nov 12, 2007

I think this bogus company also goes under the name of todvdornottodvd.com. Found it whilst searching the internet and the set seems to be the same as a couple of other sites including dvddonkey.com.

jodie Everett Nov 13, 2007

i ordered a box set for my mum, they took my money recieved no goods! i ordered a box set of sea quest dsv, i found them and spoke to a lady on the chatline and i went back to find her again and i cat find them again???

• Te
    Teresa Bland Nov 14, 2007

Order DVD of Wagon Train from DVDdonkey, but never received DVD's but my credit card was charged for them. Please is anyone else is thinking about ordering from DVDdonkey, DON'T DO IT. THEY WILL SCAM YOU.

• El
    Elizabeth A. Martin Nov 15, 2007

On 10-13-07 I ordered the Dynasty complete DVD series for $148.99 with shipping $28.79 for a total price of $177.78. I was to receive the product within 14 days. I called the company last week and was told that I could track my purchase through www.canadapost.ca. This site does not exhist. I was also told that the product had been shipped on 11-1-07. As of today I have not received the product. I have contacted the company at least 4 times and have not had any success. They did charge my credit card.

• Do
    Donald A. D'Angelo Nov 21, 2007

Ordered DVD set of Carol Burnett and Friends. Charged $107. Merchandise never received. Company does not answer e mail or phone calls.

• Ga
    Gary Larkins Nov 26, 2007

I am in Australia and ordered Malcolm In The Middle complete from DVD DOnkey as it is not available in Aus. There is obviously a good reson why - I don't think it's available anywhere and I have just been scammed for over $100. Visa tell me I can lodge a dispute once DVD DOnkey have actually accepted the payment but it seems to me that as I was quick in trying to halt the process they should be able to stop payment going through. Anyway - if I do happen to receive these goods (judging from the complaints here I really doubt that!) I will post it.

• Br
    Brad Crowe Nov 28, 2007

It took over 4 weeks to receive my DVDs. I ordered two separate DVDs. One set was OK, recorded off of TV Land, the other was so bad It was hard to watch. They don't answer email and never phone support. I did finally get a live person who said she would send out a new tested DVD and send a return tag for the bad set. Its been over a month now and still no DVDs. If this company is this bad, I hope my credit card is safe. With this many complaints there should be someone to investigate this company and shut them down.

• Ew
    E.W. Nov 29, 2007

I've been a victim of their fraud, as well. You can never contact these people whether it's via email or phone. I got one shipment from them and they have been taped off the tv instead of new or "high quality" as they claim. I went back to read their fine print, and they state they are independently owned. Yeah! Their return address was from some apartment!
    BUYERS BEWARE!!!
    INTERNET SCAM!!!

• Re
    renee fleck Nov 29, 2007

I keep getting the run around from dvddonkey and they have 150.12 of mine and no dvds yet. Isnt there something that can be done to prosecute them. did find out through my bank that they operate there banking out of Israel,which I got charged 1.20 border charge for on my bank statement. I have never been through this before and I am really upset.

Joann Cahoon Nov 29, 2007

The same thing happened to me with the Get Smart DVD set. They charged my account, sent no email receipt and never returned my email inquiry.

• Ke
    keith osborne Dec 05, 2007

Ordered a dvd box set from DVDDONKEY on 16th nov. to date nothing has arrived, the only contact with them seems to be online chat but don't tend to respond when challenged, they don't connect by phone or email, they gave me a tracking no. for canada post which doesn't appear in the post system, returned to online chat was told by these lowlifes that the post office system was down again (crap),they were quick enough to take my money though, have found numerous reports on the web of rip offs by these con artists, do not deal with these bozoes, wish i looked up reports first, DVDDONKEY made an ### of me.

satchen Dec 06, 2007

If you look on the Better Business Bureau website and type in dvd donkey there is a phone number and two addresses, i dont know if they are any good but you can log a complaint with the BBB too, there site reads that there are no complaints against this company yet.

janice b. cominsky Dec 14, 2007

I recently ordered from DVDDonkey and have been scammed. They posted a charge twice to my credit card (under 2 different company names). When I tried to call the number on their website, it was not legitimate. I have not received a confirmation, nor have I received the DVDs. I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one and have to file a complaint when I receive my bill showing the charges.

Be careful and check out the company before ordering.

Mary Beth Weimer Dec 16, 2007

I purchased the whole collections of Mr. Ed and Car 54 Where Are You?, the classic series, and received pirated copies. I have reported this to my credit card company and eventually I will get my money refunded. However, this company needs to be stopped! It was funny, as I received my dvd's in a manilla envelope from Manitoba, Canada. Then it says on the card inside, "Do not send media back to this address." Hmmm. Strange, huh? They also did not put their name on the front, DVDAvenue.tv or DVDDonkey.com. Since CBS were the one's to put these series, which I bought, on tv in the 1960's, I am contacting them tomorrow to see what can be done. If I have to, I will send these pirated copies to them. Don't know if they can do anything. This is a Federal Offense, so I will do my best. I will let all of you know when I get a hold of CBS.

Marilyn V. Harris Dec 17, 2007

Ordered on: Dec. 9, 07- 1X Centennial DVD Series with no confirmation for the order as said to receive within 24-48 hours.
    No expected Delivery Date, No Nothing!! Tried calling the toll free number, with no where to go after they answered, but cut off.

Rip Off & Scam!

• Wi
    William Cowley Dec 17, 2007

Will not acknowle3dge order or delivery

• Ki
    Kim Patterson Dec 17, 2007

What was the return address for the company?

• El
    ELIZABETH BURNS Dec 19, 2007

Payed by credit card on the 13th of december but have had no confirmation from them

Mary Beth Weimer Dec 19, 2007

CBS called me and we talked for about 15 minutes. I told him about DVDDONKEY.COM and the other websites they have. He said he will have his lawyers check them out and get them shut down. However, he said that as fast as they shut them down, they change their names and get back on after paying the penalties for fraud. He said that if the DVD's you want and you can't get them from legitimate sites, Amazon and Best Buy, there is a reason you can't get them. He says it takes a lot of money and risk to put them out. If you cannot find them on Amazon, then they are not available yet. So, we do not go onto websites we do not know about!!! I guess we all have learned a lesson here.

• Wi
    William Copas Dec 21, 2007

I ordered a set of Murder she wrote dvd's from these folks on 11/26/2007. They said they would notify me when shipment was sent and the price would be 88.18 including shipping. My card was charged 99.45 instead and I was never notified that they had been shipped. I did receive the dvd's today (12/21/07) and they appear to be of good quality. Certainly not the best company that I've ever dealt with though.

• Si
    simon clarke Dec 21, 2007

Money accepted by credit card. No goods delivered!

• Valerie Dec 27, 2007

I ordered the Beavis and Butt-head Time-Life Collection. All of the information that was given said that this would be the complete collection (seasons 1-11) with videos and everything. When I received it, I only received Volume 1 and when I opened it, all of the discs were burned discs, not originals.

• Je
    Jeffrey Finger Dec 28, 2007

I sent for the complete set of My Three Sons tv show on dvd submitted my credit card # on a Mastercard on December 11th. Sent 5 requests for a confirmation and have not received one. They sent an order # and shipping info on the initial order. I called them on several occasions and they give you a recorded message. They sound professional but you can never talk to a representative because they are never available. I Hate dishonest crooks is there anything we can do? The amount charged was $120.58.

• Ro
    Robert Reid Dec 29, 2007

Order #182410 was placed on 12-12-07; shipment receipt was promised within 12-14 days. I have been unable to contact anyone; have had no response from voice messages left. The statement, "at DVDDonkey, we are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of customer service" is obviously contrary to their actual business ethics. I can, only, assume that DVDDonkey uses mail fraud and false advertising to take money. I do want to file charges and take whatever action necessary to receive a full refund or a valid product at the specified price, with partial shipment cost refund.

• Am
    Amanda Gipson Dec 30, 2007

I have attempted to contact this company,www.dvddonkey.com, in regards to my two order of Martin, Seasons 1-5, all 132 episodes/15 DVDs at$50.99. My credit card was charged for both orders on the 10 and 19 Dec 2007, and I have not received my order or a conformation order/shipment email. This site does not have a customer service phone number, and the company does not respond to inquiries.
    Through another source, I found out this company is under investigation by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I urge you not to purchase anything from this company.

• Rh
    Rhonda Jan 08, 2008

A friendly notice dvd donkey is not using the ssl they claim they are the best i can tell anyways. . . If you give them your credit card information it will be out in cyper space not secure. . . Buyer beware. . . There is not a s behind the http: / / . That reprsents it is a secure site. . . You can also tell when you're in a secure area because the url to the left of the colon changes from 'http' to 'https' to signify that a ssl protocol is being used to communicate with the server. (Http = hypertext transport protocol; https = http with ssl.) in most browsers you'll also see a solid blue line in the upper portion of the browser's window — another visual aid that lets you know you're browsing a secure area.

Jane Moldovan Jan 10, 2008

I ordered DVDs on December 17, 2007. They acquired money from my account 12/20/07. Never received the DVDs. I called and almost always got a recording. Once I actually got a person. Her name was Faith, she said they are in Florida. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She said her supervisor's name was Janice Smith and she would not be in until later.

I asked her for the name, address and phone number of the president of the company. She just sat there. I asked her if she was still there and the said yes. I asked if she heard my request and she said yes. She kept asking me for my name and order number, which I refused to reveal. I simply want the name, address and phone number of the president or to speak to a supervisor because I'm afraid you folks are scamming people. We went round and round like this for 20 minutes. The only thing she would say is, you'll have to call back when my supervisor is here and can I have your order number and name.

Then I found this website!!! This is why I usually don't shop online. It's not worth it!!!

• Ni
    nicole dawes Jan 17, 2008

My order number is 190846 and I order the Bionic Six complete Animated series on DVD 12/24/07 and pay 165.92 on my credit card. I only receive five Bionic Six DVD cd and I receive two Gatchaman Series that I didn,t ask for that came in my package of Bionic Six dvd cd. I am missing three dvd cd of Bionic Six dvd cd at this time. I don't have dvd cd #1 & 4 & 8 at this time. Dvd cd 1 & 4 is gatchaman series and number 8 dvd cd is missing. This is from the company DVDDonkey.com
    my cellphone number is [protected]

• St
    stacey denman Jan 22, 2008

Same here - I ordered Cagney and Lacey and paid $95 - and have yet to get any and they do not answer any emails or calls - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

• Ci
    Cindy Richards Jan 29, 2008

Order item and they said it was back ordered, but it was never shipped and they charged my credit card. Will not answer e-mail.

• Fr
    Fran A. Stelzriede Feb 02, 2008

I ordered a set of DVDs for $107 from this company, and they immediately posted the charge to my credit card before telling me that it was on backorder. I tried reaching them by phone and by e-mail, but there was never a response. Occasionally, they would send a form e-mail message telling me it was in backorder and never saying when they expected it to be shipped. Reputable companies never charge a customer until the order is shipped.

I suspect this company is either a scam artist or they have a cash flow problem and need their customers to front them.

• Lo
    Lorna Currie Feb 04, 2008

I ordered dvds, received no emails, eventually received them but there was only 8 series instead of 12. To add insult to injury they were fake! Emailed several times but no response, eventually got thru via Live Web Chat. Spoke to random person called "Marie". Who said refund would be processed and would send prepaid envelope for me to return. I had also contacted my Credit Card issuers to start a dispute. Don't know if it was thanks to credit card co but got refund eventually. Still not received and envelope to return the items. They are a huge scam - don't be fooled by the fab prices. Please take heed to all the complaints on here - wish I'd seen them before I placed my order.

They need to be stopped!

• Ka
    Karen Hogarth Feb 04, 2008

These guys are professional fraudsters. I ordered Dvd's to value of $500.00 Australian. Have since seen this site and realize I will never see the dvd's or my money again. I have reported them to Australian authorities and they are investigating. Please don't be deceived as I was.

• Ji
    jill morris Feb 04, 2008

I live in England and have just had the same problem ordered a set of DVD's they charged my credit card and goods haven't arrived.

John Draper Feb 05, 2008

Ordered Carol Burnett (seasons 1-6) paid and charged to my credit card $100.58. NEVER GOT DVDs!! Will not return emails, phone calls. Contacted credit card company for refund of charges and intend to prosecute under laws of Illinois if possible. THIS IS A SHAM AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT IT!!!

• De
    Denise Leggett Feb 06, 2008

Address for company may not be correct as cannot find address on website, but on another complaints site it states that this company also operates as DVDavenue.tv, along with other names. I made an internet purchase and experienced the same problems as other people have, no response to emails, no delivery of goods. I am starting a dispute procedure with my credit card company.

Avoid DVDDonkey at all cost!!