Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home DVD Order & Rental DVDDonkey.com Money taken nothing delivered!

DVDDonkey.com  -  Money taken nothing delivered!

C
Author of the complaint
6:26 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered some dvd's got an order number with a shipping number, they took money from my credit card account but got nothing from them, I could not track the parcel, I contacted Canada post they said there was no such number, I've tried to contact DVDonkey but they won't reply to my e-mails and don't answer their phones.

Like many others I think I've been ripped off, I wish I'd seen these complaints before giving these people my money.

66 comments
Dec 14, 2007 12:00 am

I recently ordered from DVDDonkey and have been scammed. They posted a charge twice to my credit card (under 2 different company names). When I tried to call the number on their website, it was not legitimate. I have not received a confirmation, nor have I received the DVDs. I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one and have to file a complaint when I receive my bill showing the charges.

Be careful and check out the company before ordering.

Jul 04, 2008 2:39 pm

I placed an order for the short lived TV series Brimstone ($44.99 + $19.19 shipping) and never received the product. Although I did receive one response to my initial inquiry about where the order was in which I was told the order was on backorder and they would keep me updated on the status and that I could request a refund at any time, future requests for a refund have gone unanswered.

"At DVDDonkey, we are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of customer service." Well, maybe not. From the list of other customers who have been bilked I am surprised this company is still in business.

In the future I think I shall check out such sites as Complaints Board and see what the public has to say about any online company before I give them my business.

T
Dec 01, 2008 9:48 am

I ordered the DVD set of Wagon Train from dvddonkey.com
The very next day I received a call from my
credit card company telling me of multiple
fraudulent charge attempts against my card
for various online purchases such as jewelry,
setting up online jewelry stores and e-commerce,
etc.

DVDdonkey does not respond to e-mail attempts
and does not answer their toll-free telephone.

DVDdonkey is a SCAM! Steer clear of them!

G
Nov 26, 2007 12:00 am

I am in Australia and ordered Malcolm In The Middle complete from DVD DOnkey as it is not available in Aus. There is obviously a good reson why - I don't think it's available anywhere and I have just been scammed for over $100. Visa tell me I can lodge a dispute once DVD DOnkey have actually accepted the payment but it seems to me that as I was quick in trying to halt the process they should be able to stop payment going through. Anyway - if I do happen to receive these goods (judging from the complaints here I really doubt that!) I will post it.

Jan 10, 2008 12:00 am

I ordered DVDs on December 17, 2007. They acquired money from my account 12/20/07. Never received the DVDs. I called and almost always got a recording. Once I actually got a person. Her name was Faith, she said they are in Florida. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She said her supervisor's name was Janice Smith and she would not be in until later.

I asked her for the name, address and phone number of the president of the company. She just sat there. I asked her if she was still there and the said yes. I asked if she heard my request and she said yes. She kept asking me for my name and order number, which I refused to reveal. I simply want the name, address and phone number of the president or to speak to a supervisor because I'm afraid you folks are scamming people. We went round and round like this for 20 minutes. The only thing she would say is, you'll have to call back when my supervisor is here and can I have your order number and name.

Then I found this website! This is why I usually don't shop online. It's not worth it!

T
Jun 09, 2008 3:21 pm

I ordered on line 12-15-07 the All in the Family DVD series - order Number 184938. The cost on 185.92 which was charged to my MasterCard on 12-16-08. We received e-mails and messages from DVD Donkey indicating that the order was delayed and would be shipped when made available. I have tried to call their [protected] but you always get a recorded message and no ones calls back. I emailed DVD Donkey today and got a message that the address was tried with no reply.

Dec 29, 2007 12:00 am

Order #182410 was placed on 12-12-07; shipment receipt was promised within 12-14 days. I have been unable to contact anyone; have had no response from voice messages left. The statement, "at DVDDonkey, we are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of customer service" is obviously contrary to their actual business ethics. I can, only, assume that DVDDonkey uses mail fraud and false advertising to take money. I do want to file charges and take whatever action necessary to receive a full refund or a valid product at the specified price, with partial shipment cost refund.

Dec 28, 2007 12:00 am

I sent for the complete set of My Three Sons tv show on dvd submitted my credit card # on a Mastercard on December 11th. Sent 5 requests for a confirmation and have not received one. They sent an order # and shipping info on the initial order. I called them on several occasions and they give you a recorded message. They sound professional but you can never talk to a representative because they are never available. I Hate dishonest crooks is there anything we can do? The amount charged was $120.58.

L
Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

I ordered dvds, received no emails, eventually received them but there was only 8 series instead of 12. To add insult to injury they were fake! Emailed several times but no response, eventually got thru via Live Web Chat. Spoke to random person called "Marie". Who said refund would be processed and would send prepaid envelope for me to return. I had also contacted my Credit Card issuers to start a dispute. Don't know if it was thanks to credit card co but got refund eventually. Still not received and envelope to return the items. They are a huge scam - don't be fooled by the fab prices. Please take heed to all the complaints on here - wish I'd seen them before I placed my order.

They need to be stopped!

K
Dec 05, 2007 12:00 am

Ordered a dvd box set from DVDDONKEY on 16th nov. to date nothing has arrived, the only contact with them seems to be online chat but don't tend to respond when challenged, they don't connect by phone or email, they gave me a tracking no. for canada post which doesn't appear in the post system, returned to online chat was told by these lowlifes that the post office system was down again (crap),they were quick enough to take my money though, have found numerous reports on the web of rip offs by these con artists, do not deal with these bozoes, wish i looked up reports first, DVDDONKEY made an ### of me.

Jan 08, 2009 1:51 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OMG! I was SHOCKED when I started reading the complaints against this company! I ordered the EMERGENY! series from this bunch of scam artists as a Christmas gift and I have NEVER received them. Listen up folks: check your bank and credit card statements for the following: MEDIAMOGULME.COM and INTERNETINITIATIVE 2! These are the people who are hacking into your accounts and charging your cards! You thought you were purchasing DVD's...WRONG! I didn't realize this until the amounts I was charged for by these two sites were the exact amount I would have been charged for the DVD's...$122.11! These types of sites HAVE to be stopped! We all work hard for our money and we DO NOT need these SCAM a**holes taking it! I am sick of these people who have nothing better to do than to scam us and the government is not stopping them!

Apr 11, 2008 8:34 am

I am hoping that I can help you guys retrieve your money from this company. The same thing happened to me, I ordered the complete series of Married with Children for $183 as a Christmas present and as of the middle of March I had still not received it. I finally realized that on my bank statement it gave me the website and phone number to the company that took my money from my account. When I called them, I told them my situation and was told that they would return my money in 10-14 business days. To my surprise, I received the money back yesterday (4/10/08). The website is alliedw.com and the phone number is [protected]. Hopefully this will help a lot of you retrieve your money. Feel free to contact me through my email if you have any questions.

I
Oct 30, 2007 12:00 am

I ordered The TV series of Columbo from dvddonkey. After I received them I noticed that they were poor quality and wondered if I had accidentally ordered from a Pirate company. By the second and third discs I knew I had been had. Some of the shows are incomplete, some freeze part way through and will not continue to play. Some start in the middle of a show. The last disc I tried to watch has all of the people and background totally GREEN. I emailed dvddonkey and got no response. The next time I tried to e mail them I cannot get their web site to come up. The phone number always says it cannot be reached at this time. I have entered the charge into dispute with my credit card company. Please stop this company! They are pirates and thieves and need to be prosecuted.

E
Nov 15, 2007 12:00 am

On 10-13-07 I ordered the Dynasty complete DVD series for $148.99 with shipping $28.79 for a total price of $177.78. I was to receive the product within 14 days. I called the company last week and was told that I could track my purchase through www.canadapost.ca. This site does not exhist. I was also told that the product had been shipped on 11-1-07. As of today I have not received the product. I have contacted the company at least 4 times and have not had any success. They did charge my credit card.

F
Feb 02, 2008 12:00 am

I ordered a set of DVDs for $107 from this company, and they immediately posted the charge to my credit card before telling me that it was on backorder. I tried reaching them by phone and by e-mail, but there was never a response. Occasionally, they would send a form e-mail message telling me it was in backorder and never saying when they expected it to be shipped. Reputable companies never charge a customer until the order is shipped.

I suspect this company is either a scam artist or they have a cash flow problem and need their customers to front them.

Apr 09, 2008 5:49 am

Late last year my colleagues gave me $160 (Aud) as a going away gift. I decided to buy the box set of DVD's (Get Smart). After searching online I found the dvddonkey website who claimed to be able to sell and deliver quality DVD's at affordable prices. I did not see any attached complaints about this company and assumed that they were above board in their business. I then gave my friend (Simone Atkinson) the money to purchase the product and she did so using her credit card.

After several weeks I was still yet to receive the dvd's so I asked her to email the company. They replied by saying that the dvd's were in fact en route and to be patient. Three and a bit months later we are yet to receive the dvd. I asked Simone if the money had been taken out of her account and she said yes. She then emailed the company to find out what was happening and as yet we have received no response.

Today, I decided to google dvddonkey and now notice that there have been a number of complaints about the company, either not delivering the products or delivering inferior dvd's. It is the first and last time I will purchase anything online which is very sad for all those reputable businesses relying on the internet to make money. I have rung a few government agencies and private debt collectors and they all give me the same response. There's nothing we can do about it.

How frustrating this is. The saving grace is that it's only $160 but I guess that's how these rip off merchants make their millions, relying on the fact that people could not be bothered pursuing the lost money (it's not worth it) or that it would cost more to recover the debt than the actual debt itself.

I would love to see some legal agency who has the guts to recover all the money on behalf of the poor consumer, just to teach these people a lesson and to deter others with similar ideas. I'd even be happy not to get my money and to use it to pay for the legal expenses.

Jan 08, 2008 12:00 am

A friendly notice dvd donkey is not using the ssl they claim they are the best i can tell anyways. . . If you give them your credit card information it will be out in cyper space not secure. . . Buyer beware. . . There is not a s behind the http: / / . That reprsents it is a secure site. . . You can also tell when you're in a secure area because the url to the left of the colon changes from 'http' to 'https' to signify that a ssl protocol is being used to communicate with the server. (Http = hypertext transport protocol; https = http with ssl.) in most browsers you'll also see a solid blue line in the upper portion of the browser's window — another visual aid that lets you know you're browsing a secure area.

B
Nov 28, 2007 12:00 am

It took over 4 weeks to receive my DVDs. I ordered two separate DVDs. One set was OK, recorded off of TV Land, the other was so bad It was hard to watch. They don't answer email and never phone support. I did finally get a live person who said she would send out a new tested DVD and send a return tag for the bad set. Its been over a month now and still no DVDs. If this company is this bad, I hope my credit card is safe. With this many complaints there should be someone to investigate this company and shut them down.

Z
Nov 22, 2008 1:42 am

Lost over $200. The phone numbers they gave never worked or I was prompted to call later. The Better Business Bureau has had over 75 complaints that I know of. The phone numbers were traced to a private elementary school in Canada. The prices sound to good to be true and they are! They are completely bogus. I hope you read this before you order. Pass it on!

P
May 19, 2008 1:02 pm

On Jan 7 2008 I ordered the series of Jag for $174.92 and have not been able to get an address on them only a e-mail. The phone # they provided is never in order, just a recording. It's now middle of May and still nothing. My order # is 197033. I cannot any response and do not understand why they are not in trouble. I will contact anyone I can to get my money back and let everyone know about them. They should be jailed for this.

L
May 13, 2008 1:34 pm

I meant to say in my last complaint, after you have used their "Contact Us" link, the link disappears so that you can not contact them again. Restarting your browser does not bring it back, so obviously it remembers your computer ID so that it doesnt ' have to put up with your complaints.

W
Apr 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Was just about to place an order when I viewed these complaints AND found out that DVDDONKEY and a few other DVD sites are owned by a group of men who were busted for fraud by the Canadian government and police back in December of 2007. As you all know, they took money from customers without delivering the goods---which, it looks like, they never had at all.

V
Mar 03, 2008 6:30 am

On December 17,2007 I ordered the complete set of Grace Underfire. All I have received are emails telling me it's back ordered. 2-13-08 I received the last email I called the company and they assured me my order was on it's way. This has never been received so I did find a new number that works now [protected] I canceled my order and will be watching for my refund on my credit card. Good luck!

S
Feb 26, 2008 10:46 am

I have ordered Jag complete set and Magnum PI complete set for $365.00. They said they were back ordered and did not send DVDs and can not contact them. none of there phone numbers work and their live person will return my cancel notice

Feb 12, 2008 12:00 am

I ordered "Kung Fu, The Legend Continues" on 1/15/2008. My account was charged $79.18, and the item has not been delivered as of 2/12/2008. With the exception of one live chat session which solved nothing, none of my attempts to contact this 'company' has gotten a response. After seeing the other complaints on this site, I can only assume I've been ripped off. Expensive lesson!

Feb 12, 2008 12:00 am

Ordered the entire set of Carol Burnett and Friends. The amount of $101.oo was charged to my credit card, the order # and tracking # was received however the item was NOT. The telephone # was found to be invalid. Have been unable to contact them... yet this fraudulent company is apparently still functioning. Be warned!

D
Feb 06, 2008 12:00 am

Address for company may not be correct as cannot find address on website, but on another complaints site it states that this company also operates as DVDavenue.tv, along with other names. I made an internet purchase and experienced the same problems as other people have, no response to emails, no delivery of goods. I am starting a dispute procedure with my credit card company.

Avoid DVDDonkey at all cost!

C
Jan 29, 2008 12:00 am

Order item and they said it was back ordered, but it was never shipped and they charged my credit card. Will not answer e-mail.

W
Dec 21, 2007 12:00 am

I ordered a set of Murder she wrote dvd's from these folks on 11/26/2007. They said they would notify me when shipment was sent and the price would be 88.18 including shipping. My card was charged 99.45 instead and I was never notified that they had been shipped. I did receive the dvd's today (12/21/07) and they appear to be of good quality. Certainly not the best company that I've ever dealt with though.

Dec 17, 2007 12:00 am

Ordered on: Dec. 9, 07- 1X Centennial DVD Series with no confirmation for the order as said to receive within 24-48 hours.
No expected Delivery Date, No Nothing! Tried calling the toll free number, with no where to go after they answered, but cut off.

Rip Off & Scam!

E
Nov 29, 2007 12:00 am

I've been a victim of their fraud, as well. You can never contact these people whether it's via email or phone. I got one shipment from them and they have been taped off the tv instead of new or "high quality" as they claim. I went back to read their fine print, and they state they are independently owned. Yeah! Their return address was from some apartment!
BUYERS BEWARE!
INTERNET SCAM!

Nov 12, 2007 12:00 am

I think this bogus company also goes under the name of todvdornottodvd.com. Found it whilst searching the internet and the set seems to be the same as a couple of other sites including dvddonkey.com.

P
Nov 09, 2007 12:00 am

Ordered on November 2nd 2007, after completing order company stated they would contact me via email with invoice of what I ordered. I've gotten nothing from them. Today's date is Nov 9th. When I'm on their web site and try the contact us page there is no way to tell what information they want, it's covering more than half the page.

D
Jul 01, 2008 3:36 pm

I ordered 2 dvd sets from dvddonkey.com last December and have yet to receive any product from this company. However, my credit card was charged with the full price of my purchase.

S
Jun 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Buy a highway to heaven series and some of the dvd were bad. I called them and they said they will refund me i have not seen it yet!

May 08, 2008 9:00 pm

Ordered TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE TV SERIES, credit card charged, order never recived. never had any response to any e-mails GOT SCREWED

Mar 26, 2008 9:33 pm

I ordered the complete all season "The nanny" since december last year, have not received anything at all. I'm afraid they charged my card without sending me the product.

Feb 07, 2008 12:00 am

I paid for car 54 dvd series in early december which showed up on my charge card statement however received no dvd's. The phone number listed is not legit, no one answers. No one answers emails either.

Feb 05, 2008 12:00 am

Ordered Carol Burnett (seasons 1-6) paid and charged to my credit card $100.58. NEVER GOT DVDs! Will not return emails, phone calls. Contacted credit card company for refund of charges and intend to prosecute under laws of Illinois if possible. THIS IS A SHAM AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT IT!

K
Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am

These guys are professional fraudsters. I ordered Dvd's to value of $500.00 Australian. Have since seen this site and realize I will never see the dvd's or my money again. I have reported them to Australian authorities and they are investigating. Please don't be deceived as I was.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

5 complaints