Duke Energy Corporationinconvenience due to change of account

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference : Account No. [protected]

I am customer of Duke since almost 5 years. I had setup an automatic payment options to ensure payment is made on time for the service am using.

I started my service in the month of December 2014.

Only when I started receiving calls from Leasing office of the apartment where I live in for the non-payment of energy bills and they were sent to Leasing office.

I started verifying the root cause of the problem by calling the Customer Service a week ago, came to know that the service was transferred to some other name on 10th of April 2019 ( by some person the details of which were never shared by Duke for security reasons).

On April 30th the a request was made by the person to stop the service in his name. Since then my Duke account was in closure status and the bills were sent to Leasing office.

This has cause lot of inconvenience for me in terms of money as well indulging in unnecessary arguments with the Leasing office agent and harassment (who were not ready to listen to my grievance) in spite of my health condition.

So, I would strongly recommend to change the process Duke follows while starting or stopping the service. Somehow, they need to make sure the person whoever is calling for change of service lives in the location where he wants the service to be started/Stopped. This would avoid inconvenience to the loyal Customers like me and hence damage to the company reputation.

Secondly, this has happened due to none of my fault I want the refund of the money paid during the period in which my account was not active.

Your's sincerely,