Dr. Daniel Manpoor surgical practice

N Nov 16, 2018

My experience with Dr Man had been horrendous. He inflicted excruciating physical pain on me with no appropriate management and was insensitive to my suffering. He performed procedures I did not request and did not perform procedures he was paid and contracted for.

Currently, almost 4 months since my original facelift surgery, my lower lip pulls to the right, like someone who had a stroke, I have swelling and redness on the right cheek just below the right ear, both my ears are sensitive to touch, my nose is running all the time, my right side of the neck feels like it is too tight to turn my head, one nostril is bigger than the other and I have a small hole on the exterior part of my nostril.

I had such a terrible experience with Dr Daniel Man. Read about my experience before planning to have Dr Man touch your face with a surgical blade.

I came to see Dr Man for a facelift and doing my lower and upper eyelid. We discussed and agreed to have the upper and lower lids done and have a chin implant. He also suggested to do an upper lip enhancement, which I agreed to.

I had my surgery at Dr Man's office and stayed in the post op recovery suite for 3 days. During these 3 days, they provided me with frozen meals, which I could not chew. I had begged one of the nurses to get me soup, since I could barely open my mouth.

I drove myself home after 3 days and that's when I started to experience severe facial pains. My ears felt like they are on fire and I was not able to touch them . I had extreme and excruciating pain. I went through hell. My face was swollen and painful to touch with burning sensation along my chick bone and closer to my ears. I had expected the pain to subside over time and only experience numbness, but this pain was beyond control. I have not been able to sleep for days due to pain.

I had visited Dr Man's office frequently hoping he can treat my pain and ease my suffering. He had recommended that I would use gabapentin for nerve pain and also alternate Ibuprofen with Tylenol. I was on regimen every 3-4 hours with no relief. I also added Prilosec and yet developed epigastric / stomach pain and stopped all the pain medicine all together.

I was frustrated from the severe pain which the doctor only offered" it will take time" or when he offered " try some marijuana." I have not been eating from the pain of moving my jaw, inside and out, and lack of sleep, complaining that I can barely open my jaw and have the ongoing swelling and burning pain in my neck and ear. During this painful period I have lost 12 lb, I did not intend to.

When I came to see Dr Man for a follow up with these complaints, Dr Man suggested we get in to the treatment room and for him to see what can be done. He took me to a treatment room and tied my hands. He had an assistant in the room with him. He was injecting and opening sutures in the back of my right ear. The pain was unreal. I screamed in pain and asked him to stop. But, he kept going. I wanted to push myself off the treatment table, but I couldn't, because I was tied down. I thought I was about to pass out from the pain and begged for them to stop and release my arms. I felt the cutting and the suturing of the skin behind my ear. It was a torture. At some point I lost consciousness and woke up an hour later.

Dr Man said he though it all looked good, and that he had released a suture and hoped that would ease my facial discomfort and swelling.

However, the agony with the pain continued. My face continued to be swollen, red and sensitive to blowing air. A simple touch felt like it was on fire. For relief, I would place iced towels on my face. I was not able to tolerate being outdoors, or going anywhere without iced towels to my ears, neck and cheeks for weeks. I slept with iced towels on my face fore weeks.

A week later, I went to see Dr Man because of the same pain and pull of the left ear. He recommended I will take anti-anxiety pills and gabapentin. Indeed my anxiety was high- I was in constant pain. He had never offered me any narcotic pain control and insisted that the NSAID, and gabapentin should be sufficient.

I had very little sleep and ongoing excruciating left facial pain with swelling and redness. When I contacted Dr Man about this, he admitted me to Boca regional hospital with a diagnosis of cellulitis and stated that he wanted me to see infectious disease doctor and a plastic surgeon to rule out infection and to make sure the surgical site was appropriately treated. I had to go through another left ear surgery with release of " something" but he claimed all was good.

As time went on, I discovered some disturbing findings.

My upper lids were never done. He did operate on the lower lids but not the upper. In addition, he surgically operated on the ear lobe, claiming he thought I had too big of ear opening and decided to fix it. - With no consent

The upper lip enhancement left me with super sensitive and irritated site inside the left nostril and ongoing runny nose (which I had never had before) that further irritate the nostril interior and exterior part.

Dr Man also charged me for de-pigmentation treatment, for the pigmentation of my face. He did not perform that procedure either.

Currently, almost 4 months since my original surgery, my lower lip pulls to the right, like someone who had a stroke, I have swelling and redness on the right cheek just below the right ear, both my ears are sensitive to touch, my nose is running all the time and my right side of the neck feels like it is too tight to turn my head.