Dometic CorporationDometic refrigerator

N

I bout a used 1997 5th wheel in May of 2015. It had a RM 2852 Dometic refrigerator. We had no idea they had been recalled, as they didn't have our serial number on their list and the previous owners had not received a notice. We had my granddaughter and her husband coming for the Christmas Holidays, so we set the 5th Wheel up for them to stay in. The refrigerator caught fire and totaled the 5th Wheel. ( Thank heavens they were not in it yet.)
I called the Dometic Corp. Recall center in January, after sending all the information they asked for, I was told to leave the RV, as is, until they sent some one to look at it. So it is still sitting in our yard tarpped. That was over four months ago. I just received a call from their insurance company telling me that because of a statute in our state, that says if the refrigerator is over 10 year old, they are not responsible. Even though it is with their recall years. I had someone check the statute. I was told that this did no apply to our case, because Dometic initiated the recall and included our year.