Menu

V
Author of the complaint
10:06 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today, my wife & I experienced a TERRIBLE experience with a carpet cleaning company here in Boynton Beach, FL. called DOLPHIN CARPET & TILE COMPANY. I have also written BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU re: this matter. Unbeknown to us, we heard from another owner of a business called DOLPHIN CARPET & TILE SALES, that this Carpet Cleaning Company has an F rating. The man who we encountered ended up NOT giving us even a receipt for his terrible work on our carpeting & chairs, and ended up directing loud & terrible profanity at us, including the F word over & over .. threatening us as he left with his van. I stopped payment on the check & also gave a report tonight to the Boynton Beach Police.

We need to talk to someone who can give us counsel re: this Company!

It was, as stated earlier .. a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

PLEASE CONTACT US & GIVE US YOUR COUNSEL! THANK YOU!

Dr. & Mrs. Robert V Warren

11 comments
May 07, 2016 10:06 am

Issue has been resolved.

May 03, 2016 10:06 am

We ordered over 17k worth of carpet and flooring. Their sales people have no idea, how to calculate or explain. Measuring people over measured us by at least 150 sqft and when we had extra boxes to return the reply form the store is even more ridiculous. Never shop or trust these guys. Corporate will handle i guess but they are a rip off when it comes to returns, calculations or service. yuck..

May 03, 2016 10:06 am

0 0

Sorry, but to call a consumer's expectation unreasonable on this website shows at the very least poor taste on your part. A true professional would have handled the matter in a private manner, and not made it public so as to humiliate and embarrass the consumer. As an assistant GM I am surprised that you would chose this course of action to voice your opinions. For shame.

0 0

Mrs. Levy has failed to mention several FACTS regarding the above issue.

#1 The product that was signed for and written on the contract is the exact same product they had written down on a business card that was brought into our store (after they shopped around). This is the exact product they received.
#2 Upon pick up from our warehouse their representative was asked to inspect the tile and sign that they were the correct product.
#3 Our mutual agreement clearly indicates that once the product is installed there would be no claims for material.
#4 THEIR installer installed the tile without confirming with the customer that it was correct. (The Levy's had TWO samples of the tile)
#5 The total of material the installer already installed was 22 out of a total of 222 boxes.
#6 We replaced the uninstalled tile at no charge and replaced the installed tile for a price BELOW our cost.
#7 We have no control of what other installers do, the fact that Mr. or Mrs. Levy did not check the tile prior to installation or the fact they did not provide their delivery person or installer with the sample to confirm is beyond our control.
It is unfortunate that someone decided to post comments that are only the half truth. We did EVERYTHING that any reputable company can do.
Their expectation that we should pay for their delivery, rental of a crane, and installation of material by their installer is unreasonable.
Should the Levy's have any further concerns they can reach me at any time.
Jeff Stephens
Assistant GM
Dolphin Carpet & Tile
[protected]

L

Absolute nightmare of a company to work with! I hope people read these comments before buying from them, wish I would have. After going there a few times and always picking the same tile we decided to purchase from them. Unfortunately it is for a second house not in our county and could not see what was being installed but luckily our builder called us and said this is not what you showed me that you purchased. I immediately went to the store with my reciept and the manager of the store says "oh wow I wrote down the wrong number". Well too bad for me, I signed the paper not knowing what the proper number was. They did take back the tile that wasn't already laid but I am out what was laid, the expense of what was laid and having to get a crane to get the wrong tile to the second floor and having to do it all again...no refund we still had to buy the tile from them. Imagine how happy I am with this company.

Lynda Levy

B
Jan 08, 2009 10:06 am

The Dolphin Carpet and Tile that advertises on TV is even worse. I had 1, 600 SF of tile installed in my house and their installer pushed my refrigerator back into place and crimped the water supply line to the icemaker. A leak caused water and mold damage to my kitchen cabinets, walls and baseboards. The installer also used a grout that wasn't anything close to what I selected. To make matters worse, the installer lied about his actions and Dolphin Carpet and Tile refused to stand by their guarantee. I'm an insurance adjuster and I deal with this type of damage every day. I always make it a point to tell my policyholders which companies to avoid when trying to restore their homes and these guys are at the top of the list.

Mar 02, 2008 10:06 am

**Please Note** The company I had a problem with is Dolphin Carpet and Tile Cleaning and Restoration which is NOT associated with the Dolphin Carpet and Tile we see advertised on TV. They also do business as USA Powerclean.

Feb 22, 2008 10:06 am

Well, I read this too late. They were here last night and I had several differing of opinions with the owner/operator. Who knew that "cleaning and sealing all the grout and tile in the house" means different things to different people? He considers it to be only high traffic areas,(no moving of large furniture) I though all the tile was just that, all the tile. All of the things they did move, they didn't put back. My home is in chaos. My freshly painted wall are marked now and I will spend the next couple of days cleaning a 2 inch border of grime that is around every room that was "cleaned." This is not what I bargained for.

PLEASE BE AWARE!

This is not "Dolphin Carpet & Tile". We are the full service retailers that advertise on television and print. Dolphin Carpet & Tile Cleaning has been trying to play off our name at our expense. We are constantly receiving complaints from customers who are misled by this other comapny. We apologize to all of the misled consumers who have purchased cleaning services from them thinking they are dealing with the authentic "Dolphin Carpet & Tile", South Florida's Largest Floor Covering Dealer.
We are currently persuing legal remedies to have them change their name. Should you wish to email us your compaint if you were also misled, It would help us with litigation.

Jeff Stephens
Assistant GM
[email protected]

D
Feb 08, 2008 10:06 am

I saw their ad in the Palm Beach Post and had them finish/polish 2500 sq. ft. of NEW marble in our home that we hadn't even moved into. They used an acid wash and ruined the finish on the marble.

Now we have another company spending three days fixing it.

Stay away from this company.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

5 complaints