Dish TV Indiaservices is not available

V

This is to notify you that dishtv services have been stopped despite making a payment of Rs.900 for the month of may, june and july 2007. I lodged in the complaint with complaining number#6636376 requesting for a technician on May 8, 2007. However, no action has been taken by them till now. Whenever I have called, there is a standard line that the customer service rep has been taught the "I apologize and I understand". I have already wasted around rs.250.00 in the april 2007 to get the problem rectified. I took fifteen days for them to get the problem rectified last time. I don't know how much time is it going take right now. I do not have mtnl landline at my place and that is the reason I cannot use the toll free number that the dishtv people have provided. I am placing calls through my mobile all the time. I want to quit dishtv, however, I heard that even TATASKY is providing a pathetic service to its consumers. Please advise as my frustration level has gone sky high and I mentally exhausted.

Thanks & Regards
Surya.

• Pr
    Pratap M Gobalakrishnan Jul 18, 2008

Hi Guys,

DishTV service is the worst service I have ever seen in Bangalore. In spite of calling the customer care & telling that the connection between the setup box & the cable wire is cut off also they will ask several Questions. They will say " Sir sorry Sir, sorry for keeping u on hold. Are you in front of TV setup box. What is the error it's giving Sir. that problem will be because there is not proper signal sir." & all those crap. I have already said the problem is physical. still that guys wont under stand. I guess they are trained like this. they give us 24 -48hrs of time & atleast by this time nobody turns up. Ok That is fine but not even after one week they turn up. Again after the 48hrs if we call up. they will ask for another 48hrs.

If we ask them the local support contact details, that also the call centre guys dont know, Idiots. I blame the management team. DishTV is the worst customer support in Bangalore & chennai that I have experienced.

GUYS, Before going for DISHTV & its SETUPBOX please think twice thrice...or google on any compliants on their service etc. While buying they will tell lots of good goody things. & Shahrukh spoils his name for giving an add for this DISHTV.

DISHTV SUCKS...

--PRATAP

• Ra
    Ramchandar Jul 18, 2008

after i switch on the receiver, it shown no acces for all channels.please retify my problems,

• Ve
    Venki Raj Aug 23, 2008

I agree completely with the fact that DishTV service sucks big time. The package cost has been going up steadily in spite of the competition and they change the package details every so often. I took Dish Maxi for this reason and they promised that the Maxi package includes everything. But over the months they have been steadily excluding one by one so many channels that if I now want the same things I have been taking earlier for 300, I would now have to pay around 400.

Not only that, they will use the slightest opportunity to disconnect the dishtv connection and you will have to struggle with their pathetic customer service (if you can call it that) for a month to restore your connection. Everything the earlier poster said about the service people being not knowledgeable and the 48-hr wait time were completely true for me as well. What's worse, you cannot even file a meaningful online complaint because there's a 250 character limit on the complaint form! And the form itself doesn't work most of the time.

I went with DishTV because I listened to some feedback somewhere saying that DishTV was good. That was misinformation. DishTV is the worst service provider I have ever had to deal with. I would gladly switch to TataSky if only I'd heard better things about it! It's really sad that consumers in India have to be stuck with this level of poor service.

• As
    Ashiq Merchant Oct 10, 2008

Sir,

Working of your Nasik Office is extremely disgusting . One Ms taniya is not available on the phone for Hours.
    I had requested to transfer my welcome package from GUjarati to Marathi on 16th oct. when she told me to keep my set on for two hours . Nothing was done . I reqested again on 18th Oct. (today) when after too much difficulty contact was made.Again she advised to keep the set on for two hrs. It did not work.

But to my misery It was difficult to contact her and the lady on other phone also was not cooperative. Ultimately after 4 hours When I complainedshe told me to contact the dealer.

She gave me customer care No. which is also never
    Free.

Funny, with all your ads "Wish Karo " etc. Is this expected from your Offices?

AShiq Merchant.

Set No 01500818970-4

• Su
    Sunil Saini Nov 06, 2008

Hi All

If you are planning to buy DISH TV so please change it because DISH TV Service is Very very very Poor or you can Negative.

If you will buy Dish TV so it would be sweet mistek in you life. just like me i have made major mistek in my life bcz i have bought Dish tv for my home.

Bye
    Sunil

• As
    Ashwathaiah Nov 06, 2008

I purchased Dish connection on 3-11-2008 till now it is not activated
    my viewing card number is 01506901453...Ashwathaiah, Bangalore-560091
    Tel:9449565394...

santhama amma Apr 05, 2009

hi i have problem of service was not cont to my smart card since one month it has valid untill july so please cont my service as soon as posible. my smartcard num:01504087603.

• Ra
    RAMEN KUTTI Nov 18, 2011

HI SIR, VC NO 1512047281 PLATINUMCONNECTION HOLDER STILL ON 26/01/12. FROM 16/11/11 ITS NOT GETTING SIGNEL SO PLEASE CHECK AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices