Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Credit Cards Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services discover is like a scam artist!
I
Author of the complaint
3:30 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have received an offer from the DISCOVER Card Services in February 2011. They offered 0% APR for 15 months, $0 set-up and maintenance fees for the life of the card. They also offered in their letter $100 reward as soon as I make $1, 000 in purchases within 3 months on my account. I called the DISCOVER on the [protected] from my Brooklyn home on March 31st and I made a contract with them. I got $2, 500 credit line. They tried to convince me to sign up for their payment protection plan. I refused them. A week later I got my card, set-up my online account and made $1, 000 in purchases. Weeks passed and when I checked my online account on May 16th I was unpleasantly surprised when I saw a $49 Annual Fee charge on my card. I called them in order to inquire about the charge and only the third customer representative, a supervisor, could answer to my questions. She told me that someone decided at the DISCOVER card services, after the contract was made over the phone on March 31st, that I'm ineligible for their offer and as a result -without my approval- they decided to alter the terms. They just “forgot” to let me know about the changes. I was told that I had to pay $49 Annual fee and I cannot get the $100 reward even though I made the $1, 000 in purchases and paid the balance. I had $0 debt. I was told that they could cancel the $49 Annual Fee if I close my account within a few days. This was a typical case of bait and switch! I was mad as hell! I was supposed to get $100 reward from them however they want me to pay for them $49 a year! How ridiculous is that? I cancelled my card in a heartbeat! I will never make another contract with them! How can someone trust a credit card service company if it alters the agreement without letting know the customer about the changes? DISCOVER Card Services is like a SCAM ARTIST. STAY AWAY FROM DISCOVER!

View 0 more photos

More Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services complaints & reviews

Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - scam and cheating
Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - dispute of charges
Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - lower payment plan scam
Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection
Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - usurious increase in apr by discover card
0 comments