Diamond Resorts Internationallies

Warning to potential buyers: you will need to file a complaint with the federal trade commission

In the words of their own customer service supervisor, "sales will tell you anything you want to hear".

This includes outright lies. Once you have a problem or try to get what you paid for:

They do not return phone calls

They do not reply to emails

Customer service will laugh at you

The email to the chairman is a diversion. It goes to a low level damage control person.

This is not a legitimate company. It is purely a sales scam.

They also put a fence through the middle of their former "partners" best resort and gratuitously destroyed the facilities there. This is emblematic of their business practices.

Expect to be stonewalled

• Xs
    xstevex1 Nov 26, 2018

Went to one of their "presentations" based on the promise of a 5 or 7 night vacation in Cape Cod. Received the "Getaway Certificate" and had to pay $29 to "activate" it. What did this activation get me? Access to a list of resorts ALL of which have NO AVAILABILITY for the next TWO YEARS!! NOTHING was available! Well, to be honest, some golf club in Indiana had a room available for a single night here and there, but there were NO 5 or 7 day stays available on ANY of their listed resorts. By the way Nothing in Cape Cod was on the list. I would highly suggest, if you see one of their hawkers at a festival or outdoor event, flip them the bird and keep walking!

• Bi
    bigdave55 Apr 04, 2018

I also have a terrible experience with diamond resorts, I also was scammed into signing papers and i have only been there since august 2017 they have already collected almost $3000 from my account and when i decided to finally try to use the points i was informed we owed over eleven hundred dollars membership fee's . I or my wife don't remember anybody telling us there would be a extra fee on top of the money they receive out of my account every month, we just thought the amount coming out of our account was the total price.
    I never received any e-mail or anything to let me know of the amount due.
    I called customer service and was advised to cancel i would have to pay the membership due (which like i said they never mentioned anything about a membership price) and i have to pay off the loan which is like 15k before they could release my contract. I am not a rich person and my only option now is to cancel my bank account so they can't take any more money from me and loose my good credit.
    I am filing a report with the BBB and my see if a attorney has any suggestions.

You people that are writing in and saying they are completely satisfied are employee's of diamond or something, why else would you be reading and commenting on these area's?

• Li
    Lisacmomof3 Aug 24, 2016

Never, ever buy a timeshare! 16 years ago my husband and I bought with a company that went bankrupt and Diamond Resorts now owns. They took over our ownership and changed the entire structure of it forcing us to spend nearly $5000 if we would like to trade it for any resort outside of those that Diamond owns. We refuse, so we are now limited only to Diamond's properties which are very limited in number. Our deed has no value and so we are stuck paying $800/year in maintenance fees (hundreds more than when we bought). We can't GIVE it away! Buyer beware!!!

Joe traveler Aug 10, 2016

Diamond resorts is a joke. Do not waste a single moment in their sales dungeon. Lies are common and they seem to believe their own forked tongues. Fortunately I only purchased the sampler.
    There are so many other sites with quality vacations...yet Diamond puts themselves on a pedestal and really plays to your emotions and they hype you into the moment.
    Do your research and don't succumb to their sales tactics...not just them, all of them.
    Save your dignity and your money, they will take them both if you allow it.

• Ri
    Richard Cheek May 21, 2016

I have only been a DRI member for about 2 years, and they have great properties and their staff is excellent as well.
    The obligatory sales pitches that many of the special gift vacations have are professional, but persistent and they feel almost desperate, like they will get fired if they dont meet a quota or something every month. I dont know that that is true, but I have that feeling from the several I have gone through. Other than that and their antiquated computer system not processing my payments very efficiently, everything has been great.
    Other than the sales pitch, they have great facilities, better than I would get by paying out of pocket, and they have a deed back program now, though I dont know much about it. Many complaints seem to be from people not paying attention to the terms. Like some expect completely free time? Seriously? And never take a salesmans word for anything if it is not in print. And it helps to try and develop a report with good salesmen, it seems.
    Some say that you cant resell your DRI points, but I have had several calls by people who want to get me to sell my points. I am not interested, but they offered between $3 and $3.50 per point. I am not interested in selling, but if they caught me coming out of a sales meeting...I dunno.
    My wife and I thoroughly enjoy our membership, minus the sales pitches, and their computer system seems to be like ten years out of date, lol, but I'm cool with that. I think we get plenty of value for our membership and look forward to years of vacations ahead.

• Pa
    Paula Millinder Apr 13, 2016

What a bunch of leeches... WORST company EVER! Best thing to do is run the first time they ever mention Diamond Resorts.. What a scam...

• Ra
    Rabin Das Apr 04, 2016

Found your blog. Its really nice on timeshares for sales. I appreciate your article. Its important to get good timeshare sellers, buyers etc. So thanks for sharing all that important information.

• Si
    sid kaz Mar 21, 2016

Diamond Resort, Orlando, FL
    Mystic Dunes Resort, Orlando, FL
    High Home Owner Association Fee?
    I am writing this to federal government to take an action;
    Hello Manager Review Board,
    We bought this 2 bed, 2 bathroom one week per year time share in 2008 for $ 17, 000/= in Orlando, FL called Diamond Resort, Mystic Dunes resort, Orlando, FL.
    They didn't mention to us that the HOA (home owner maintenance or association fee) per year will be how much?, and also they didn't mention to us that what would be the per year incremental.
    Now the fee is 1234/= dollars per year?, which is way high to pay for this type of resort, will get cheaper for a week from other sources.
    Could you please investigate from 2008-09 till today why and how they are increasing fee without asking with the owner of the resort?, if they say not to increase they wouldn't lesson, I made few calls and express my opinion to reduce the fee but they didn't pay any attention.
    The board members and other officials are almost same guys who are saying “YES“ to everything and getting kick back from them.
    I am not sure how many people are going through this type of cheating and losing their time shares, because of the HOA fee?.
    Finally I have decided to surrender this resort voluntarily and stay away from this type of cheating.
    Thanks and hoping to resolve and punish to those who are doing this type of cheating with Americans.

• Rm
    Rmduren Mar 07, 2016

Please read this article http://nyti.ms/1K1GAVG. Their stock dropped after

• Na
    Nancy Brockway Jan 13, 2016

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. Does anyone know any other contract you sign that you can NEVER, NEVER get out of. Let alone your heirs. I don't! I have tried to sell my timeshare with 2 companies. Yep, I paid them $$ hoping they would. Still have it listed with one company. No takers. I was told maybe someone from overseas who needed to show US Ownership might. Well even the unquestionable don't want it. I have tried to sell it for $0.00 and I would pay the transfer fees and ensure the current year maintenance fees were paid. Guess what NO TAKERS. I have sent to Diamond a marketing proposal to take back my and other angry owners, again at no expense to Diamond, since I would happily pay the transfer fees and make sure my maintenance fees were paid up to date. Guess what! EVEN DIAMOND DOES NOT WANT IT, why would they. We are trapped til the end of the world comes. Do you think Diamond even called me...NOPE. Maybe what we all should do is go to Diamonds Polo Towers in Las Vegas and as potential naive buyers get off the elevator to go the the presentation, we tell these naive buyers that we will GIVE them for FREE our timeshares. We will make sure the maintenance fees our current and we will pay the transfer fees. I bet many of these naive buyers will think twice about signing the NEVER, EVER contract with Diamond. Just an thought. Oh, I forgot, DIAMOND DOES NOT CARE. I wonder if they ever run out of timeshares to sell. NOPE...Because unlike they say in their presentation, and as we know, vacations are not endless opportunities. IT SHOULD BE PRESENTED BY DIAMOND, IF THEY WERE honest SALES OF TIMESHARES IS ENDLESS, MAINTENANCE FEES ARE ENDLESS, AND AVAILABILITY TO BOOK IS LIMITED. Does anyone want my timeshare? It's your just for asking. Nancy

Salesmen lie Apr 28, 2017

@Nancy Brockway Do you have a copy of your contract?

• Jm
    Jmeu Dec 29, 2015

Sunterra buyer back in 2001. Back then it was possible to find a property if you gave 2 or 3 months advance booking. But as time has gone by I have now paid the complete mortgage and as soon as that occurred in late 2013 the availability of bookings decreased about 80%. Almost too much of a coincidence. Lost all points this year, no bookings were available. I had 30K points and I wonder if Diamond uses algorithms to block those older members. Sorry to rant here but the yearly fees are greater than renting a villa or apartment for the same time period through airbnb or vrbo. Btw, I've had better accommodations through those I just mentioned. Try them out before committing to TS. Have a happy new year!

• Gr
    grumpyo4 Jul 13, 2015

I can't pay the mant fee My husband pass away and their is no money. They are telling me I owe over 6, ooo.oo in fees. I don't have any money I work part time 22 hr a week. Just want to sell this and move on.

carla vaval Mar 17, 2015

I can agree to all of that We purchased ours in October too From Mystics Dunes which is now Diamond Resorts.
    No 1 time that I have talked to a CSR that they have actually been able to provide any positive help or outcome in some what. I cursed at them any chance that I get. Worse Decision I have ever made.
    They lie about everything!!!
    I wonder how they stay in business being as Crappie...
    They never reply to any of my complaint letters to their so call Chairmen .
    I watched him on undercover boss. He seems to be an assssss under cover.. Crocks that is what Diamond Resorts. Interval International is .

• Sb
    S Bell Jan 23, 2015

I own a timeshare in Celebration Fl out side of Orlando (Mystic Dunes) I have owned this for over ten years. Diamond Resorts bought the company a few years back. I'm on the old system where you get one week every other year I never had a problem booking my vacation until two years ago. I went to Las Vegas (it was great) I was required to attend the owners update. They wanted me to change over to the point system but it was going to cost me about $15, 000 more (I only owe 3, 500) so I did not update to the point system so they offered me a sampler package to experience how the points worked so I purchased it. I used it to travel to Hawaii the following year (it was wonderful) However I still was required to attend the owners update again they tried to get me to purchase the Diamond system I turned it down. When I returned home I tried to bank my week through Interval International but was told that I had to contact my home resort, so I called Mystic Dunes but the customer service rep worked for Diamond Resorts I explained that I wanted to bank my week so that I did not lose it and they stated that I needed to contact Interval ( I paid Interval a fee to use their membership for three years). I continued to try to bank my week for over five months and kept getting the run around so to use up the rest of the points from the sampler packet I decided to book a reservation at Mystic Dunes in October 2014 again I was required to attend the update. Once I was there I was told by head sales person (the last person you see after turning everyone else down) that I was never suppose to be offered the sampler packet because I'm an owner. He was willing to give me back the money that I spent for the sampler packet but I would need to purchase points and it would only cost me 15, 000 (again) which is more than I paid for my original timeshare for I declined his offer due to the fact I owe less the $3, 000 on my original timeshare. He did not like that so I asked him what I needed to do to bank my week before I lose it (remember I am at my home resort) and was told to contact Interval (again). Remember this was in October 2014 (I have even years) this was my year to use my week. This went on for months today 01-23-2015 I spoke with someone from Interval and again I asked about my week they told me to call Mystic Dunes again I called and someone from Diamond Resorts answered I explained what I was going through ( I swear I heard her laughing in the back ground) she stated to me that since I have even years I could not bank my week until next year so I asked about my week for last year and she stated that I had lost it and that there was nothing I could do about. For at least six months I tried to reach someone who would bank my week so I did not lose it and all I got was the run around until I had lost it all because I would not give them an additional 15 grand they won't buy it back from me so I'm stuck with this timeshare that they are making it very hard to use.

Now after reading this you tell me this is not some kind of scam. How can a company do this to their customers (owners) and feel like they are doing a great job.

dia

• Un
    UNSATISFIED DIAMOND OWNER Jan 05, 2015

I am an owner as well. I paid over $20, 000 in full. I have not been able to use it even once. Every time I try to book a reservation, even when I put in a search for an entire year, there is NEVER and I mean NEVER anything available in any of the places I want to go. I made it very clear upon purchase that I would only be using the three places remotely within driving distance for the first several years due to traveling with young kids. One of the three is no longer one of the options, not that it was ever available anyway, and the other two are still NEVER available. I have called several times and I am always told to keep trying. This is completely ridiculous and unacceptable! I am so disappointed! This is terrible and total scam!!! DO NOT BUY!!!

• Js
    JStylle Sep 08, 2014

So many timeshare companies promise you'll be able to resell your timeshare or that they'll take it back just to get you to buy. Then when the time comes..."Ooops! We don't do that!" The only legit way I could find to get out of my timeshare was to redeem it. You can learn how to do it at http://timeshareredemption.com

Marsha G Aug 05, 2014

We went to Sedona to spend a week at the Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort. Our week ran from Saturday, January 25, through Saturday, February 1. 2014. This is a Timeshare property of Diamond Resorts International with corporate offices in Las Vegas, Nevada. This timeshare was booked through Interval International by me as part of the agreement between Marriott's Timeshare program, of which I was a member, and Interval International. Before arrival, I was contacted by Diamond Resorts in Sedona offering a deal of a prime rib dinner Tuesday night, a trip to a local winery Wednesday and lunch Thursday for the low price of $99.00 as long as we agreed to attend a one and half hour presentation of Diamond Resorts Timeshare Program. I've attended these many times with Marriott but have never had any complaints about them. You pretty much know what to expect. I've owned my Marriott Timeshare week for about 13 years. When our appointed time came, 1:00 P.M. Thursday, January 30, we went to the sales office, met our sales agent and went into the presentation. We were taken into a large room filled with other guests staying at the Timeshare and many other sales agents. We were served lunch, after lunch our sales agent started the presentation. When we thought the presentation was coming to a close we told our sales agent (Mark Alagna) we were not interested. At this point, he kept adding other aspects of the program that was only available for owners of "premier property" such as Marriott. We told him we were not interested. Before he would let us go, he wanted us to listen to one more aspect of their program. In this aspect of the program, they would buy our Marriott week at "fair market value" and convert it to Diamond Resort Points and there again we would have more weeks to use each year. We would not have to pay Marriott's maintenance fee but we would have to pay theirs ($847.12 annually), but we was not ever told how much the maintenance fees were only that they wouldn’t be as much as Marriott’s. Actually all these options were worth much less to us in travel benefits than our Marriott week. They continued to apply pressure by reducing the cost of buying into the program and by adding financing incentives. After about 4 and a half hours of this we told him we were very satisfied with the Marriott program and since we had it for 13 years we felt we had certainly gotten our money's worth out of it. That’s when he called in his sales manager, Reuben Philo. so they could double team us. This was a small room and we and the new sales agent were the only ones there. We were tired, we were hungry, and ready to leave. It was now about 5:30 P.M. They weren't through yet. The new guy sat down with us and pulled out one more offer. Little did we know that this was the worse offer of all, but as I said we were tired, hungry and ready to get out of there. The dollar amount was less to buy into diamond resorts and they were offering us what we thought was a good price for our Marriott timeshare. So they had finally broke us, we gave!! What a mistake! The agent took it, got it approved and we signed it. We both had initialed and signed the contract. I know you are supposed to read contracts in their entirety before signing but it was now about 6:30 P.M. We had been beaten! We were exhausted from the previous presentation and was definitely ready to get back to enjoying our vacation, as we had already wasted the whole day on this presentation. Little did we know they had screwed us out of are Marriott timeshare and stuck us with only 3000 points that we can not do much of nothing with, but never fear MARK ALAGNA made his sales quota on that 30th day of January 2014. We thought we were dealing with a reputable company who had fully disclosed all portions of the contract. There were no verbal disclosures about any content on the contract. We were not explained to how to use Diamond Resorts points system or any of the other programs we had supposedly said no to. The worst thing not disclosed to us is how can they sell me 3000 points but I am unable to get out of this “timeshare point system” or whatever you want to call it, because I don’t have 7500 points I am unable to sell out. Therefore I feel as they took us for our Marriott Timeshare, $13.527.00 for 3000 points and 847.12 in maintenance fees. I figured all this out this past weekend, August 2, 2014, when we went for our new member orientation trip to Branson, Missouri. When we walked in for our orientation, instead of them wanting to show me how to use my points, he asked me “What was we there for?” I am guessing they already knew that I didn’t have enough points to be used for anything anyways. What was really strange and this is where it really gets good, they wanted us to spend more money for more points so that we would be able to travel to more places and also you really can’t do much with just 3000 points, so how about spending another $16, 000.00 and we can bring you up to 7500 points, that way someday you might be able to travel some where and maybe, just maybe you can find another sucker to buy all those points for $39, 527.00, as that’s what we would have had in it at that point. Oh and also don’t forget those maintenance fees they would be up to $1.600.00 per year, as they are based on how many points you own!

I just hate to admit that I have lost my Marriott Timeshare and $14, 374.12, but as I always try to look on the bright side of things, at least they didn’t con me out of another $16, 000.00.

VERY UNHAPPY

MARSHA GROGAN

• Dz
    D Z Knight Jun 28, 2014

I have been trying for 90+ days to get the money due me for an airline and car rental booking. Yesterday I got "it's in the mail" Well it wasn't and it wasn't today either. These people will tell you anything . Stay clear of the entire operation.

• Mr
    Mr. Mrs LN Mar 28, 2014

My wife and i just went through one of these silly sales pitches by a man from Syria who kept hugging my wife told us his life story .and needed a bath bluntly he smelled. We bought and then did a recision of contract the next day. Look you have. 5 days to get out of this in Nevada. Look in the back of your paper work and you will find the form, follow the instructions and mail it in. Do not call the sales man just fax it in. Remember you cannot do a recession of the sampler package, . So please do not touch it, as it is in my opinion a bad deal but read it and make your own decision. If you refuse to buy they have this person called the closer who will approach you and make every attempt to sell it to you. We did get our gifts so they do honor what they promised. I think Mr. Cloobeck means well but his sales staff leaves a lot to be desired.

andy1 Dec 25, 2013

I went on a Diamond Presentation The 90 minute Presentation took 2 hours not to bad got my gift and left. However I will let people know some items. The tried to sell us 5000 points for $37, 000 we didn't even budge. Then it was 5000 points for $19, 000 HOA fee the new term for maintance fees was $1024 per year excesive to say the least. We were told 5000 points would get us two weeks at any resort maybe at low season check the points calanders before you buy. 5000 points would NOT have got me the week I had with 105000 wyndham points Christmas week. 1 bedroom deluxe. Then came the ulimate deal they would take my 3 bedroom week and give me 4500 more points each year and one free week to anywhere in II except Hawaii. I didn't even ask what the HOA fee would be for the 4500 points just said NO and they said you really shouldn't go to the presentations if your not buying. Rude people. I wonder what the ration of buyers to decliners is at these presentations?? Please get the facts before you buy. I have owned timeshare since 1986 been pleased most of the time. If you go to any presentation have them start at $19, 000 then make you a deal check on line before you go.

Jane78 Oct 21, 2013

Timeshares do not typically pay for themselves, unless the currency you are talking about is memories. Even then, you can still get those memories at a fraction of the overall cost. While the sales agent may not want to divulge this information to you, timeshares are most definitely not just about property payments. They also come with plenty of other costs, hidden fees and taxes. No matter how little you use the timeshare, you are still responsible for its upkeep, sometimes including utility costs and maintenance. These extra fees can be hundreds of dollars per year. This is a good article on how to get out of timeshare:

• Wa
    Wanda Nyx Aug 20, 2013

In March of 2011 we bought timeshare through Pacific Monarch and paid it off in May of 2013. We were told at the time of purchase we should save our points for the ultimate vacation at the end of the 2 years. We were unable to plan a vacation at that time. I am sorry, we are not retired and our work did not enable us to just take off at any time they might have available. I had tried to reserve once but of course "Nothing available for then." Pacific Monarch was at some point taken over by Diamond Resorts. I only found this out when I was no longer able to get on to their Web site to pay my payment and then got late notices from Diamond Resorts. No other notice of any changes ever communicated to me. Today I call at least 8 people and now have been told that we purchased the "Sampler" package and since we didn't use all our points, we forfeit everything. None of this was conveyed to us during their high pressure sales pitch. $3000.00 down the drain. We no longer have any so called timeshare benefits "unless" we upgrade! They can "extend" our points for $99.00 but have to use all our points in 6 months but then told in the end the $3000.00 or more I have paid is still towards nothing if we don't upgrade. I did go ahead and book for their resort in Vegas and am required to attend their 90 minute presentation at which time I will stand up and tell everyone what a rip off Diamond Resort is and to keep their wallets in their pockets.

• Cl
    C levass Aug 13, 2013

Until today I would have defended DRI firmly. However, We are staying at the suites at Fall creek MO this week. We travel with my son who is handicapped and deafblind. Upon arrival after traveling 3 days from the East, we were not permitted to check in as usual but were escorted by a "VIP owner concierge" to our unit. We then had to listen to about an hour of information and immediately (and reluctantly i might add) scheduled to attend a "member update" that we were told was NOT a high pressured sales speech. We were assured that it would be no more than an hour of our time.

Today we attended the update as scheduled and unfortunately were kept from 9am until 1:45 pm. I almost cancelled this the day before but thought we hadn't been to one in almost a decade so we decided to see what was different and new.

I am devastated that I made the wrong decision. We learned for the first time today about the 2007 diamond owner update information and proposal. We were told we had declined it which was not true nor did we receive any information that was supposedly sent in 2007 or 2012. They had no signature or proof of such a decline at corporate, so We got an "approval" from corporate reopening the offer.

Of course we were blind sided by this whole experience and proposal. And not prepared to make a commitment of such at this time due to financial reasons. We are financially responsible people.

Had this offer been made in 2007 as claimed I would have been much better off financially to accept and we would not be in this predicament in the first place. I am horrified that I was subjected to 4 hour and 45 minutes of 3 different people (Anthony, Matt and Troy) that still continued to talk us into buying additional points while under the duress described above. I felt overwhelmed and extremely angry that I had never knew about any of the 2007 or 2012 offers. Was also concerned that so much information and a FALSE declines had been placed on my account. I was in no conditioned to make such a decision at this time under such stress. Nor were we given any time to even consider it and then were forced to sign the decline the original falsified decline papers that were printed from our account. One of the decline forms didn't even have the correct name.

Today I went into the update with the highest praise and experience of Diamond resorts. I left with the longest worst experience of my life as a diamond owner and lead to feel as an "outsider" deeded owner!! I spent my evening in tears, my day wasted, my vacation week ruined and so sad that I put my disabled son through hours of sitting in an office bored watching me in distress. NEVER again. I am ready to sell my deed, even if for only a dollar, i am that disturbed by what I experienced.

Currently a very embarrassed and humiliated outside owners at Sedona Summit (since 1999)!!

• Vi
    virginiabound Jun 01, 2013

I agree with some of the complaints especially the one of the Williamsburg facility being a dump an that was written in 2009 an its 2013 they are still renovating. Because we got the sampler package we weren't privy to staying in the facility meant for normal guest. I took pictures for sure and place comment on the trip advisor. Our room didn't have fleas but it most definitely had ants all over the kitchen area. When we got the call to let us know our room was ready; I figured the room would be just as pristine as the model they showed us that would have been so ideal but it wasn't, the furniture, curtains and carpet had suspicious stains throughout the suite, the furniture was well worn, cracked tiles, It smelled dank (mildew), had cigarette butts all throughout the greenery, dirty laundry at the front door, because of the stains I was worried about the bedding thankfully I drove and had some blankets in the car. Also they advertised fireplace and hot-tub but that is not available at all; the room for the hot-tub was totally locked off. The fact that it was falsely advertised say a little something about the companies integrity... Just Saying!

CAJA0513 Apr 25, 2013

I agree with this comment. My account was to be debited for the remainder of my down payment. Unfortunately my wallet was stolen when on vacation. When I cancelled my cards I did not think about contacting them to update my debit card information on file. I received ZERO communication that the card was declined a statement for payment or a phone call. When I called Customer Support I escalated up through the chain and was told that it is not their policy to contact buyers if payments do not process. 6 months later I received notification that my account was closed and that they kept the partial down payment.
    They have nothing to offer... except for me to open a new account... Seriously!! NEVER

• Io
    ionicblast26 Apr 15, 2013

My wife and I have attended 2 DRI sales pitches and both times have resisted the urge to actually buy-in longer term. However, we have purchased the Sampler package twice. I can't say I'm impressed with DRI. I called the general reservation line once out of a mistake and told the lady where I wanted to go and when I wanted to go; nothing available. I then told her well, where can I go that has a beach during that week; nothing available. She then figured out that I was a Sampler client and she transfered me to that department. Magically, they found me a 1 bedroom at the resort that I originally wanted to stay at during my timeframe. It gets better. So, the lady made my reservation, went through the whole song and dance, I wrote down my reservation number and hung up. She promised me that I would receive an email within the next couple of hours with all my information; no dice. She also promised that I would receive a letter in the mail confirming everything within 5-7 days; no dice. So, a month goes by and I finally call to find out what's up; no reservation on file. Great...we already booked airfare. I threatened them with a lawsuit over my airfare and MAGICALLY they instantly found a 2 bedroom ocean view during my time frame. The reservation clerk said she would look into the resort fee and find out what it covered. She was also supposed to confirm that we would indeed be in a 2 bedroom. She said she would call back within 72 business hours; no dice. I had to email her. At least I have my reservation on email now. We've stayed at the Sedona Summit; I wasn't impressed. It was full of kids, the furniture was awful and the a/c barely worked. Oh and checking in and parking were nightmares. We toured the resort in Maui...ehh..it was "ok". Nothing to write home about. We're now about to go to the Cabo resort and my expectations are less than great. DRI puts on a great song and dance, but at the end of the day, it's a subpar quality product with high pressure sales and less than desireable corporate practices. I won't be buying in...though I might take another Sampler if they offer! :)

• Pb
    P. Bowen Apr 11, 2013

We have owned Diamond Resorts points since 2006 and it has been a nightmare since then. In the presentation it is represented that you can get into any DRI resort with no problem, which is a total lie. We were told that we could book nine months in advance, what they didn't tell us is that if the nine months goes into the next year, you must pay your maintenance fees for that year in advance, or you can't book. There is no benefit for you if you choose to pay the maintenance fees in advance, no discount for giving them the fees in advance. Now I don't know how many points most of these people who are complaining here own, but our fees are over $5000 and that's quite a chunk of change to hand out just to get to book in advance, so unless you are willing to give up the money in advance, don't put much credence in the booking nine months out. I will tell you we also own WorldMark Timeshare and there is absolutely no comparison to the two, and our maintenace fees are less than half that of DRI. I'd purchase WorldMark again in a heartbeat if we could just dump DRI. And when Mr. Cloobeck says you can E-mail him directly, that's a joke; you get a response back from someone further down the chain of command that appears to be reading a prepared response to you and has absolutely no clue. I have been a constant thorn in their side since we purchased. DRI is a nightmare, BEWARE. P. Bowen

• Sh
    Sharon vandeLigt Mar 04, 2013

On Feb.18-Feb 25 we stayed at Palm Canyon Resort in Palm Springs. We had a Junior Villa, room 4108. Upon our arrival I checked our Room for everything on the list. An iron was missing so I went to the office and it was replaced.When we looked in the fridge there was an inch of ice in the freezer. During the night the fridge defrosted by itself. When I went to make coffee, the coffee pot took an hour to make a pot of coffee. Then when I went to wash dishes and let the waywater out, there was water leaking out the garburator under the sink. I went to the office and informed them of these problems. When we came back that evening, the coffee pot was replaced. The leak was still under the sink. Two days later I went to the office and informed them of the leak again. They came to fix it right aoneway. We were told by maintenance that these places had been renovated. The only thing they had done, was painted the place, which was very obvious. We were very dissapointed with the place.

marie felix Dec 29, 2012

Our timeshare was a gift to us from an elderly friend who could no longer use it. When she gave it to us in 2002 our maintenance fees were $550. They Diamond Resort International bought it out and our maintenance fees are now $1111.20. Do any of you know of a reputable company to get rid of this timeshare? Thanks M. Felix

Carmensylvia Dec 27, 2012

I want to sell or find a group of people who want to do something about all this complains.
    Direct your interest to [email protected]

• Jt
    J. Thrower Nov 09, 2012

We purchased a two bedroom, two bath at Los Abrigados in 2008, but was never able to use it for one reason or another. What we later learned was that the 2 bedroom units were very limited in number. But, we were billed, and PAID for the two bedroom suite each year when we paid the maintenance fees, even though we ended up only being able to use the one bedroom unit. In July we booked a one bedroom and while we were there, agreed to go hear their sales pitch. We were treated horribly. That's when we learned that we would probably never be able to use the two bedroom we had purchased. AND, we were told "good luck" in trying to trade or sell our timeshare. In fact, the sales person told us that it was worthless.

We did manage to make a trade-in July 21st at another resort. Everything went very well except for the dealings with Diamond Resorts International. We have paid the full amount we agreed to pay for the new timeshare. We have a letter from the financing company acknowledging that we have paid in full, but Diamond Resorts is holding up the transfer until we pay their 2013 Maintenance Fee. They are holding us up for another $900.00. Do you call that Blackmail or Rape??? It feels like Rape to me.

Folks, we loved Los Abrigados. It was wonderful until Diamond Resorts Intl. took over. We have never been treated as badly as we were this past July. In fact it was so bad, we left a day early. We still enough points to spend another week there, but I doubt we ever will. Frankly, I don't want to be subjected to their kind of hospitality.

J. Thrower

• Mo
    momof3vt Aug 29, 2012

We bought a private resale at Grand Beach Resort last fall and own the odd years. Since our purchase the only acknowledgement of our existence is a letter asking for referrals and a late bill for our maintenance fee. Um - how can we be late when we never received the initial bill? I have tried multiple times to contact the resort to find out how we go about booking our time for 2013 and cannot get anyone to respond. I can't even access the owner portion of the website because I don't have a member number yet. Does anyone else own at this resort and know the secret to getting answers?

• Gu
    Guy Manasse Aug 23, 2012

Annual Meeting in September make sure you vote for people that feel strongly like you. My vote is for Gordon Pleus & Mark Pugatch. Do Not Throw Proxy away VOTE

• Gu
    Guy Manasse Aug 23, 2012

Annual Meeting in September 14th make sure you vote for people that feel strongly like you. My vote is for Gordon Pleus & Mark Pugatch. Do Not Throw Proxy away in mail 8/21/12 VOTE!!

• Gs
    GSmiles Jul 31, 2012

The weekend of July 20th, my family and I stayed at the Powhatan Resort in Williamsburg. When we checked in Thursday night the 19th, we were told that we would have to move to another unit on Friday due to repair issues.
    In our hast to move out on Friday morning, we left a few things: my cosmetic bag with $175+ of items, 5 women's blouses, 1 dress and 1 man's Carhartt shirt, a value of about $350. I called the front desk within the first 30 minutes of moving and was told that I had to speak to security and she transferred by call to security. I was told by security that housekeeping had not cleaned the unit and as soon as the items were found that they would call me. Later that afternoon I was returning to the property and stopped at the security booth to check on the findings of our items and was told that nothing had been found at that time. On Saturday morning I spoke with security again and was told that housekeeping had not found anything! Amazing...
    Three years ago, we had stayed at the Greenspring Resort in Williamsburg and my granddaughter (3 years old) left her Hello Kitty doll, again within 30 minutes of leaving I called the resort and spoke to security which said that as soon as the unit was cleaned housekeeping would turn in any items left and the resort would send me the doll. On Monday of that week, I called security again and was told that "nothing" had been found!!!
    To have this happen on two stays at the Diamond resorts in Williamsburg makes me very angry. When leaving on 7/22/12 I went by the sales center and met with a nice salesperson and I shared with her my frustration at the theft that had taken place and the lack of concern and responsibility by the staff at Powhatan and security: what security? She told me that the theft was unacceptable and that she would report it immediately to the General Manager, Jeff Honeycutt and she did.
    Honeycutt had his assistant call me and inform me that the company was doing an investigation and would get back to me and they did, 3 times! In the last hour, Amanda Foley the GM's assistant called to say that after a two week investigation that they could not discover any items that had been left. She also told me that the housekeeping staff is an "outsourced" business and that I could contact them: Master Core of Williamsburg.
    As I felt in 2009 and now again, Diamond Resorts in Williamsburg could care less if a guest leaves items of value in a unit, it is actually a bonus to the housekeeping staff when they find quality items.
    I am totally disappointed and angry at the lack of ethics and honesty of businesses today.
    Be sure to check out your units when leaving 2x, 3x times...if you leave it, it is fair game to housekeeping. And to think that we pay a huge maintenance fee for units that are on the standard of Motel 6. Powhatan Resort was a Gold Crown resort when I purchased and the maintenance fee as $450 a year, now it is $1200+.
    I am am unhappy owner looking to sell...

• Ni
    NIH Mar 19, 2012

Do the math. Their 'cheap' option will cost you over $30, 000 over 10 years - and it won't even buy you a weekend in a lock-off during peak season (4500 points). We were told that the 90 minute meeting would be no-pressure. The meeting took 3 hours and we didn't 'chat'. We were pressured to make a decision that day because all offers were removed if we left and took time to think about it. Nobody could 'prove' to me that the points we were purchasing would be able to buy us the vacation that we wanted. Everything was too variable and flimsy.
    If I'm buying something I want to get competitive quotes, have time to think, be totally aware of the benefits and costs. It's sad that people commit themselves to tens of thousands of dollars after 90 minutes (to 3 hours) of a presentation.
    I loved the Powhatan Resort, but there is no 'deal' here, just a company going after my hard earned cash. Also the 'free vacation' we were promised that could be taken any time was complete BS. There are 3 inches of small print that go against everything that we were told prior to the meeting.

JoeW1949 Mar 06, 2012

Very interesting, I have a time share since 1993 thru Royal Holiday Club, RHC, the maintenance was 205 per year, and the cost 4500, for a 30 year lease(?), can't actually own outside of the US. Over the years the prices have gone wild, and now all are all inclusive, and the maintenance is going thru the roof. My initial reason for purchasing the 'time share' was to save money, eating out, all units had kitchens and appliances, could shop locally in Mexico or the Carribean, and save tons of cash and only eat out several times during our weekly stay. Would I have purchased another timeshare now, the answer would be 'NO", I am not a member of Diamond Resorts but only last year got a condo for less then an actual owner, in Las Vegas. Talking to owners, they knew about the saving by just going on line and checking availability and saving their points, we all should love the internet, because with knowledge comes power. Wishing you all happiness and to forget about the lies told and just enjoy you points, life is too short.

• Va
    Vacation Owner Dec 10, 2011

Folks if DRI does not raise the point values needed to stay at what was once your home resort interval. It is a way to sell you more, so they can tax you more next year. This is part of the big magic points program DRI or any other points program for that matter, it's like printing money. They get to control the value of the points system not some fair market program like EXPEDIA and real US Currency or any other world currency for that matter, this is a global PROGRAM Diamond resorts in Running (Ruining is more like it).

"a business that makes nothing but money is a poor business"
    H. Ford

CVO

• Su
    Sue Goody Dec 03, 2011

I am an owner at The Point @ Poipu and I believe that all resorts that are being managed by Diamond Resorts International (DRI) are being cheated. Who's to say that if DRI loses a few million dollars on one resort that they aren't going to charge it to the owners of all the resorts and charge it under Admin fees? Who's going to know or even question it? The Boards are already lined with DRI past associates and relatives? Would this explain the exorbitant rise in maintenance fees since they've taken over? You ask them questions, and they tell you to ask Owners Services. You ask Owners Services and they don't know. You ask the manager and she has to look into the matter. Do you think she's checking with DRI before she gives any answers???? WHO'S WORKING FOR WHOM????

THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE!!

• Su
    Sue Goody Dec 03, 2011

I own at the Point @ Poipu and I believe that the resorts that are being managed by Diamond Resorts International (DRI) are all being cheated. If Diamond loses money, what's to keep them from taking their loses and charging the owners of the resorts, we'll never know. Charge the loses to Admin Fees, who's going to question it? The Boards are already lined up with Diamond relatives and past associates. We poor saps only know what they choose to tell us and they don't share any details with the owners. WHO'S WORKING FOR WHOM!!!

THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE!!!