The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Devry Universityfraud/financial aid

I requested information about starting a business program at Devry University, got a call back from one of the advisers to schedule a tour. I went in for the meeting with the adviser and really wanted to attend the school being that I at that time held a Student appoint with the Government for a Program Support Clerk at the local military hospital.
There for I had to continually be enrolled and attending college, well I started the process to enroll in school taking the entry exams etc... I didn't do so well on the test so the adviser assigned to me suggested that I that a practice class given for free at the I-10 Devry location located in Houston TX. I took the advise and went to the class took a couple of practice test and notified my adviser. My next steps consisted of retesting and filling out my FAFSA. Everything was running smooth about a week after I took the entry test again I received my SARs report from FAFSA, I took it to my adviser she schduled an appointment with then acting Financial Aid personnel Courtney Ralls. At this meeting I was informed that I would not be able to get financial aid at that time because I had a defaulted loan and that all though I qualified in other ways that defaulted loan disqualified me. She wrote the lender account number, loan type and amount down as well as information to a Federal Consolidation Program under the William D. Ford Consolidation Board for me to contact and consolidate my loans, I did so eager to attend school and continue to keep my good Government Job. Long story short, it would take 6-9 months for me to be able to qualify for student aid because the another one of my loans defaulted after I filled out my FAFSA form again.

I kept trying even after I lost my job for not being enrolled in school. Finally after about three months of losing my job not thinking I could attend school I received a letter from Sallie Mae a lender for Devry stating welcome and thank you for choosing us as your lender... Your loans in the amount of $9000.00 were disbursed to Devry on Nov.30, 2007. OK listen I started my job Oct.1, 2007 Went through the whole denial of FAFSA up until I lost my job on May 29, 2008 that whole time the Financial Aid Lady told me I could not get the aide I received the letter from Sallie Mae in June. I have spoken to the Dean Bridgett Sellers she has the worst attitude every They told me that the funds would be returned and they have not. They also have a Devry Loan for $500.00 all of this is on my credit gaining interest and I still have not found a job. God Bless the ones his wrath is released on but I will not rest until they pay me back for all of my pain and suffering I have a 4 year old son and this can not in anyway be correct in the standards of anyone's book of law... I never got a chance to go to school and those same fraud employees of Devry won't even that authority to fix this scandal this is pure Fraud!!!


  • Su
    Sued Devry!!! Oct 11, 2010
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    Devry University is being investigated for fraud. DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. Watch the video...

    0 Votes
  • Ja
    jackbnimble Nov 26, 2009

    I filed a small claims lawsuit as well here in Georgia and got 13, 000. This school is a mess. But I kept all of my emails and they were caught lying. The judge awarded me the amount. I received my check in the mail the other day. Woo hoo!!! So if you were wronged my Devry SUE THEM.

    1 Votes
  • Ca
    caldreaming Feb 22, 2009

    I am so sorry to hear about this. If you attended college in California then you should consider filing a case in Small Claims Court.

    Even many states besides California offer a small claims system. Here in California every city has a small claims court and you can sue any business operating in California for up to $7500.00. It costs less than $100. to file a small claims case and you can do this yourself. Attorneys are not allowed in small claims case so you must represent yourself and the business must send a representative to appear who is not a legal representative; just a regular officer of the company.

    Every California small claims office has a free legal advisor who can help you prepare the paperwork and your case. It is a very simple process; meant for the common man to seek justice.

    I sued DeVry here in San Diego and won a judgment against them for $6500. I am just starting the collection process for that and I am about to file my second case against them.

    Every time someone files a case against them they have to send a representative from Illinois at great expense. If many people file cases against them then the cost would be phenomenol!!

    Even if you lose you will cost them money so you really have nothing to lose by trying and everything to gain.

    I won and it was easy.

    To sue them you will need to know the name that appears on their business license. Your local small claims advisor can help you to find that information which is public information and available for free from your local business registration office in California. Here is DeVry's business license listing for Southern California;

    CT Corporate Sytem dba Devry University
    818 W. 7th Street
    Los Angeles, CA 90017

    2 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.