Dermfxwatered down product

M Review updated:

I want to begin by stating I have had Botox injections in the past and was quite satisfied with the results. Dermfx was pushing a new FDA approved product, Dysport, as a longer acting alternative to Botox. The results were nowhere as good as Botox and I am certain the nurse did not inject my forehead at all, although I was charged for forehead injections. There was no evidence of injections in the forehead and therefore no results. I think this med-spa is ripping off consumers by not giving them the full dose of what is charged, but it is very hard to prove when there is only the nurse and the client in the room. The medspa industry in California can do whatever it wants because it knows the state has cut back on enforcement officers. From now on, I will avoid all medspas even though they are more convenient, and only visit reputable board certified physicians. The medspas are not less expensive than a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

• Ha
    haley jensen Nov 30, 2009

I think this person’s complaint is completely misleading, and frankly slanderous for Dermfx, the spa she went to.
    Firstly I have trouble believing anyone who goes to a doctor’s office and comes out and doesn’t know weather or not they received the injections they came in for. Interesting?
    Secondly, as for “ Pushing the product Dysport” as this person claims, the last time I checked patients were required to give consent, (i.e. written and physical) before they received a treatment, like Dysport. So unless they tied her down, I think she needs to take some personal responsibility for trying a new product, and accept if the results were less than what she was used to with Botox. That is not the med spas Fault, as Dysport is a new product and the industry is still gathering feedback on it. Although It seems, in the past month or so quite some people have been dissatisfied with the claims and effectiveness of Dysport, including myself.
    Thirdly, to clam that they are not giving you the dose that you are being charged for is ridiculous. This is a service industry; these people count on repeat business. If the patient dose not get a good result they have lost a customer and if the company wants to stay in business for more than a year or two, there are going to do everything to keep the clients happy and coming back.

Fourthly, as far as her statement that med spas are the same price as a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. That is absolutely 100% False. Just look on the Internet for the prices and then call any doctor’s office and you will see that the Doctors offices are way way more expensive.
    Lastly, as a customer of DermFX for the past 7 years I can tell you that they didn't get to be one of the top med spas in Southern California by watering down product, they do it by great customer service and knowledgeable practitioners.
    This person should have tried to resolve whatever issue she had with the spa before venting liableous remarks on the net.

Sincerely,
    Haley Jensen

• De
    Debbie Stewart Jan 24, 2010

I am with you girl! I have been EVERYWHERE! DermFX is the bomb! I have been doing Botox and fillers for 10 years. I have always had consistently good results there. I stopped trying other places, in fear of them messing up my face. I have had droopy eyes, bruises and some crazy problems from plastic surgeons who took up Botox because surgeries are down!! Well no thank you! DermFX is affordable, quick and I love all the girls there. I want someone that injects all day long- not just when they have to. Misty- I can't disagree with you more. You should try this place again. I just don't believe it. How do you not know if your forehead was injected or not? Maybe you need a facelift!

• Th
    The Honest Judge Apr 16, 2010

It sound like there is damaged control posted here.

Botox and facial fillers can be done with wonderful results by anyone who is trained well and have extensive experience with injecting different parts of the face. I had my face injected by an RN and physican's assistant numerous times while living in Arizona. The result from both is very pleasing at a fraction of what other doctors charge.

Not all doctors charge an arm & leg for botox and facial fillers. I had to go see an ENT doctor for my GRED. Then I saw his prices for botox and facial fillers. He also offers dysport for $3.40 per unit. This is a product competing against botox. $7.50 per unit for botox and $350 per syring of juvaderm. He spent more than an hour doing my injections.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************

• Br
    Brenda Dare Apr 01, 2014

Where did MAHESHNI go? She was my favorite!

• De
    deeann1 Jun 18, 2015

Kimberly in Sunset Beach was the only RN who understood and listened knew what she was doing. The rest are incompetent and self absorbed who only care about what THEY look like.. Especially that dingbat Stacy

• Me
    Megan F Jan 12, 2016

I've known the owners of Dermfx for years, they are the most honest people I know. It's an extremely professional medspa and they certainly would never 'water down' products or try to talk someone into a treatment. Every time I've been into any of their 3 locations I've always been treated well. It's unfortunate that there's always a bad seed making false allegations towards good people.

• Ra
    Rachel rush Aug 15, 2018

I hate when people blame the spa and practitioners on their results. Everyone is different and everyones body absorbs things differently!!! This woman sounds like shes the type thats never satisfied!!! I worked for dermfx sunset beach office for 7 years, and i can tell you that the owner was very strict about diluting down botox and dysport . The dilution has always been with allergans protocol. Dermfx didnt become a black diamond injector by watering down botox !!! Black diamond is the highest honor a med spa can get from allergan .

Rachel bills

Sandra Molano Aug 23, 2018

I love dermfx and shanon is my favorite.