DebenhamsI was &arrested&

N Review updated:

A shop assistant in Ilford Debenhams told me that I was NOT ALLOWED to stand outside my daughter's cubicle and discuss the clothes she was trying on as store's rules said you could not have two people in one cubicle (nice that they think all their customers are criminals) I said rather angrily for her not to be ridiculous and I would go into my own cubicle shortly when we had finished discussing the clothes. She went off and called security! Three men burst into the changing room where my daughter was half undressed and demanded that we leave the store. Again I said dont be stupid, we are customers trying to buy clothes and this pays your wages ... they then physically assaulted me and dragged me across the store in full view of other customers to a "cell" where they called the police and held me for over an hour!!!

mackem75 Jul 25, 2019

no they didn't

• Ro
    Rotan Sep 01, 2018

Ordered 5 x silver crystal horse brooch. Received totally different brooch.
    Debenhams said they couldn't amend because it was purchased from a Jon Richard franchise listed on their website.
    They told me to buy them all again. Then return for a refund.

Poor poor poor.
    They wasn't their hands of their franchises.

• 99
    99uk Jul 25, 2014

don't worry, karma will visit them. leave it with their very own karma. they may escape your grievances but not their own karma.

• Br
    bravoflyvictim Jul 25, 2014

There are some very nasty and vile staff right at the top. They ban shoppers at whim, never offer any opportunity to appeal. very unchristian in a christian country. When i read such horrifying stories about debenhams, I would put it down to some bad elements at the top, but then it is a reflection of their own very unenlightened mindset. Integrity and class is not something we can expect from those who haven't had the luxury of civilsation and culture. i don't think this retailer will last very long. they have already closed several stores in smaller towns. they will close more, become internet retailer and finally wiped off the market, become history and forgotten even then. i feel sorry for those at the top, i can imagine their very own lives being deprived of privilges that they have deprived off others, mercilessly and callously. there cannot be any other way. karma always visits those who dish it out.

• So
    *sophie* Jan 26, 2011

This is appalling! Whilst it's true they are advised that two people should not be changing--changing, not just talking--- It is no reason to act the way they did. I realise it was a couple of years ago but coming across your complaint I couldn't leave it. It is shocking behaviour on their part.

• La
    lacontractor0825 Jun 26, 2009

Oh, now I see that you're not in the United States...sorry, I don't know the laws there. I would still check with an attorney

• La
    lacontractor0825 Jun 26, 2009

Hire an attorney and sue the hell out of them. An attorney can get the videos from the stores surveillance and if they say that they detained you because of suspicion of shoplifting and you did not have anything concealed that you were stealing...then that is what's called "a bad stop" in the retail industry. I definately wouldn't let it end with what happened.