DealfindRequesting Refund as Business Closed

K

I have been unable to contact anyone in person. This is my second e-mail. Both responses from Dealfind appear to be their static response. I do not believe that they even looked at my situation and simply flat out denied any possible refund. Their Terms and Conditions changed December 9, 2011. All vouchers purchased before then are not bound by the new Terms and Conditons. As a result, my vouchers should be fully refundable (or at least get Dealfind dollars). I hope they care enough to make this right. Me, my family, my friends have purchased numerous deals from Dealfind without issue. However, this whole situation has soured my view of Dealfind and this situation needs to be addressed so others can be made aware.

See the e-mail I sent below and Dealfind's static response afterward:

Hi,

I am contacting you to obtain Dealfind dollars on a two vouchers that I have purchased for Horizon Meats in Calgary. The business has closed and I am unable to redeem my voucher. Please provide me $60 in Dealfind dollars ($30 paid for each voucher not redeemed). These vouchers have no expiration date and were purchased April 20, 2011 - prior to Dealfind changing their refund policy.

Your new refund policy should only be effective on vouchers purchased from December 9, 2011 forward. See your own Terms and Conditions:

These are the Dealfind.com Terms and Conditions ("Terms"), which were last updated on December 9, 2011.

Your use of the Dealfind.com website ("Website") and your purchase of a voucher for a deal offered through this Website are conditioned upon your acceptance of these Terms.

We may revise these Terms at any time by updating this web-page and notifying you by posting a notice on the main page of the Website, by emailing the email address associated with your account, or otherwise. You should check the Website from time to time to review these Terms, because they are binding on you. Any revisions to these Terms will not apply to vouchers purchased prior to the effective date of such revisions. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site and for all vouchers purchased after the effective date of the change. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website. Your use of the Website after we update the terms indicates that you accept the revised terms.

Please refer to your Terms and Conditions where it states specifically that:

I understand any vouchers purchased after December 9, 2011 are binding to the new Terms and Conditions.

Please provide me my credit. Thank you.

This is the static response from Deafind:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that you were unable to redeem your voucher as the merchant has closed or ceased to honor vouchers.

This is not the standard we accept from companies that we run deals with. We go to great lengths to ensure that our vendors are reputable and provide our customers with excellent service. You can continue to rely on us to find you great deals.

As stated in our refund policy, if a merchant goes out of business or refuses to honour vouchers within a year of your purchase, we will issue Dealfind Dollars to your account for the price you paid for any unused voucher(s). Unfortunately, as it has been over one year since your purchase, we are unable to issue a refund or credit for your vouchers(). We have made every effort to work with the merchant and ensure that our customers are able to redeem their vouchers. The Compliance Team has been notified and are continuing to investigate.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. In the future, please contact us as soon as possible if you are having any issues redeeming your voucher and our Customer Satisfaction team would be happy to assist you.

Thank you for using Dealfind.

MarilynV May 23, 2013

That is a joke! The same thing happened to me, I am definitely going to the Media with this. Dealfind has kept all the money they made, back in the day, when the deals did not have an expiry I would put all the ones that did not expire in one folder while I used up the ones that did expire. I dont think i should have to call all these companies to make sure they are still in business. Dealfind marketed these companies so that we can "save" a few bucks. It seems as though they "changed" their policies to make a few extra bucks ad they are getting with this and it is WRONG!