Menu

K
Author of the complaint
10:02 pm
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We built a home with David Weekley and took possession of it at the beginning of 2017. We went with engineered hardwood flooring throughout the house which came at an upgraded cost. About two years in, we started noticing a gap open up along the boards across the great room. We pulled the rug back and moved the sofa and discovered that this gap ran clear across the great room, from the slider door to the front door. The gap had opened up to about an eighth of an inch and in some spots, even wider. At that time, we also noticed how much the floor had, not faded, but discolored. Then we noticed that on the board ends, they were starting to swell and bubble. Once this caught our attention we went into the front retreat and pulled back the rug, and the same thing was occurring. At that point and upon further investigation we realized that this was taking place all over the house. The boards are delaminating, swelling, bubbling and now for most of the floor all semblance of a wood graining is gone. The gapping and shrinking is horrendous. I reached out to the warrantee department at first. They never came out but instead referred me to Manasota Flooring. They sent a tech out who came and looked the floor over, did not say much and then he left. I heard nothing for about two months. I reached out to the warrantee department again. Nothing. I called Manasota directly, and spoke with a project manager who was very nice, and after trying to explain to her what is going on with the floor, she sent out a tech, who also was very nice and he came and looked at the floor. He went over to the gap that had opened up and he proceeded to pull up one of the boards and take some pictures. That was when we discovered that upon installation, they ran the floor seam right along the expansion joint. When the joint expanded, so did the floor. He replaced the board. I asked how was he going to fix it, he said "I don't know, I've never seen this". I then showed him the swelling and bubbling issues throughout the house and he stated that they only sent him out to look at what was causing the big gap. I called his project manager to let her know that he had been there, she confirmed and said that she was going to send the pictures to David Weekley. I heard nothing from nobody. This timing takes us up to the front door of Covid. This past July, I started the process up again. Manasota's stance is to fill the gaps with wood putty never revealing that to do this would invalidate any warranty coverage that the floor has. David Weekley's position is that the product is not defective. I have hired a flooring expert who came in and certified that the floor is defective as well as the installation. Both sides of the aisle are quiet. I have reached out to the head Project Manager here in Tampa. I have reached out to Warrantee and I have reached out to Manasota Flooring. We paid half a mill for this property. There is no excuse for this. I do not trust anything David Weekley or Manasota flooring and ultimately, we want the floor removed and replaced or we will accept compensation for a removal and replacement. We have already paid David Weekley for this floor.

View 0 more photos

More David Weekley Homes complaints & reviews

David Weekley Homes - houses are total disaster!
David Weekley Homes - home builder
David Weekley Homes - warranty issues on foundation
David Weekley Homes - builder issues
David Weekley Homes - Poor construction - second master bathroom, kitchen area wash basin / sink
David Weekley Homes - Home