Resolved Dave & Buster'sbad customer service

This was my very first time at dave & busters, I am of legal age to drink, and I thought it would be fun. It was the worst experience ever. My friend was almost refused entry because he did not have a california id, but he has two military ids, as well as his new york id. When he was allowed to enter, we decided to get some drinks, but the managers and the bartender said that he could not drink, even with the ids that he used to allow entry. Me and another friend, bought a couple of drinks, and I allowed him, to drink some of mine, and the managers and security guards swarmed him, and kicked him out. It was rude, and uncalled for. If someone has id, two of them government issued, and one in the united states, he should be allowed in and drink. Your managers are rude, and the bartenders are snobs, even the bus boy I asked to grab a bartenders attention snubbed me. The business really needs to rethink their customer service at this location, because, if you look at yelp.com there are alot of complaints.

• Bi
    bibi Oct 07, 2008

Poor service at a overpriced place.
    Yelp.com doesnt give a damn about bad reviews b/c they delete them right away. I had a few that were negative on the site, didnt violate terms, and they threw a tantrum and removed them b/c some people who like the location got angery.
    Hm, they should be on here.XD

• Rh
    Rhonda Kennedy Jun 25, 2009

I was having a very nice day with my daughter, had decide to get a hotel next to
    Dave & busters had a few drinks. I was not fall down or being loud. I go to the bar for a chocolate milk and a drink after I had spend over $250 I was told had to leave. I had being a gold member for 15 years. I did nothing wrong

• Jj
    jjnn826 Dec 31, 2009

I also had a bad experience there yesterday. I was waiting in line to put money on my 8-year old cousins powercard. As I got to the service desk, the woman there said she was closed when she just helped the person in front of me. Then she told me I had to go to the back of the line because I was now out of line. She was VERY rude to me and did not see my problem at all. What bugged me the most was that she didn't even say "sorry, I'm closed", or anything like that. She wasted 30 minutes of my time waiting in line again for something that takes 30 seconds to do.

• Kh
    khlee Jan 25, 2010

Very poor customer service. The managers (Aiesha and Mark) are very unprofessional and criminal minded. They happen to think that everyone has a scheming mindset, like them. They harrass parents/chaperones, if you are playing games and teens are eating . The teens were required to identify their chaperones. My daughter was blocked in at her table, from going to the ladies room because they red flagged them upon us entering. She was told you cannot move until you identify you chaperone. The waiters and staff were on alert that if our children were unattended to be aggressive (kicked out.) After several false assumptions that the teens were unaccompanied, the apoligies began to flow. Some would say better late than never but the harrassment is unrelenting. I agree teens should be chaperoned but not harrassed. I will never visit this location, ever again. The choice to visit was my daughters and she agreed, the experience was a nightmare. Did I forget to mention that it was her 17th B-day.

• In The Company of Chipmunks Aug 15, 2010

Neither Dave nor Buster were in their establishment

• In The Company of Chipmunks Aug 18, 2010

I was going to, but then discovered that Dave & Buster's is a nation chain. This means that the owners aren't at every restaurant and, therefor, must rely on clone Daves & Busters to watch over each franchise. The clones, being the notorious alcoholics that clones are, were found only a few blocks away, Dave was getting a tattoo and Buster was passed out in front of a Popeye's Chicken

• In The Company of Chipmunks Aug 18, 2010

Yes! That's him, he got away from me last night. The poodle was still alive right? I don't get my son back if that poodle isn't alive

• In The Company of Chipmunks Aug 18, 2010

No, the poodle was like that. I actually picked out the eyelashes. Phew, I get my son back!!

• Da
    Dankimbrell Dec 18, 2010

Hi, my name is Daniel Kimbrell, I’ve been a long time customer frequenting Dave & Busters since 1999. I’ve been to your San Antonio, Los Angeles, Dallas, and until most recently to my disgust your Arlington/ Highlands Location. My wife and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary with a night out on the town in Arlington last Wednesday. I’ve been trying to teach my wife to play pool for sometime now, however she doesn’t enjoy the cigarette smoke (neither do I) associated with most “pool halls” so that’s when I suggested we go to Dave & Buster’s in Arlington, we can play pool there, and there’s no smoking…she said of course “lets go”. It was at your Highlands Branch that we had decided to go and visit since the pool tables are new and in fairly good shape, upon our arrival at 8:30pm to our disappointment there was a “Reserved Party” in the Billiard area blocking off access to the only 3 pool tables in the entire building…so rather than leaving, I asked the attendant at the door, when would it be ok to go in and play? She replied “Well, they reserved the room & paid for it until 10pm but, they have to be cleared out by 10:00pm sharp”. Rather than leaving, I told my wife, no problem, we already drove clear across town we can stay and have some drinks & we can play after 10pm.

After waiting patiently for 2 hours, & after 10:00pm came we noticed the RSVP’s were still enjoying their night, so we double checked, this time with our waiter “Jose” if it would be ok for us to go in now & play some pool. He said “yes” & he also asked me if we were going to be in the Billiard area or the Game Room, so that way he could continue serving us…I said “the pool room”. We paid for the pool game with our own D&B Power Card, and I did take note when I swiped my D&B card points were deduced as I now had 39.5 points left on my Power Card. Not even 5 minutes went by when we were approached by rather large heavy set African American Woman (employee of D&B’s/ don’t know her name) and she asked “Were we a member of their RSPV party? &, why were we in here, And how dare we come in here and play free pool on their dollar!?!? ” She actually accused us of stealing pool - After we had paid for it with our own Money!?! After getting over this initial shock I told her “No we are not part of their party, but we did double check with the Hostess & our waiter before going in, and they both said it would be fine to go on in.” Then our waiter Jose came over to see what was the problem, I told him that the lady is giving us a hard time and I then asked our waiter, do we need to leave?? Our waiter Jose said “No, don’t worry about her, she doesn’t like me much, and right now she’s just trying to be a bi*ch, your fine, stay where your at, finish your game.” Our waiter then turned and left.

She also hurried off & after a few minutes…she returned this time with her manager, who again asked us the same questions “why were we in here” and I believe her exact words were “So, what makes you think its ok to play free pool on these people’s dime?!?” I again explained we were told it would be ok come here, and we paid with our own money to play this game of pool, I even showed her my orange D&B Power Card I had in my wallet. She also disappeared, & then returned a few minutes later this time with her General Manager “Mike Theriot”, and this point I was utterly disgusted & could not believe the way we were being treated here, but I still tried to calmly explain to Mr. Theriot, that we were told buy 2 of his staff members and 3 different occasions tonight, it was ok to be in here, …He rudely interrupted me mid-sentence before I could even finish speaking, and then escorted us out of the pool area & to leave the area immediately, as if we had done something really wrong, he refused to listen to what I was trying to explain, and didn’t even have the courtesy to make eye contact with me while I was speaking to him. Instead he simply proceeded to “comp me” $20.00 onto my D&B Power Card, and hand it back to me as if everything was ok. After explaining to him for a 4th time what had happened and it was all a misunderstanding & he still wouldn’t look me in the eye, I could tell at this point he was not listening to a word I was saying, he then asked to see my card, at which at this point I couldn’t tell if he meant my credit card or D&B card, he said your D&B card, he then proceeded to “comp me” more points on our power card, I gave it back to him, to tell him he’s missing the point & principal here, everything is not ok, & I told him that I‘ve never been treated like this at any major chain restaurant in my life, and never felt so embarrassed for my wife & myself and the treatment we received tonight by himself and his wait staff, it was not only disrespectful & misleading but on the borderline of discrimination & harassment. I gave him back the D&B card and told him to keep it, him how I felt, he then asked me to leave the premises and the police would be called if we didn’t.

This was insulting & embarrassing to wife & myself on our 1st anniversary night, I not only would never come back to this D&B’s, but I will probably tell any one that will listen to avoid that particular Arlington/Highlands Shopping Center Dave & Buster’s “establishment” like the plague, I guess my major concern here is yes I know they had the room reserved but we were paying customers as well, and I feel that we were treated like 2nd class citizens the whole evening, and something needs to be done, or we will never visit or recommend Dave & Busters to anyone ever again!

I would like my 39.5 credit/ points back (in cash) that I left on that D&B Card that night and something done about the way we were treated. Also not that it matters but in my opinion (1) at a D&B that size you should have more than 3 pool tables installed & available at all times in the restaurant, and if you are to have only 3 pool tables, don’t have your RSVP parties in that area where the other guests cant play pool!!

• Pa
    patcan Jan 23, 2011

I have bad time at D&B the legends, kansas city on 01-22-2011 at the fist time visit at the dining side . We went there because we want to look at the place for big 50 th Birthday party for my husband about 40 people. But I thing I'm not sure about this place. We did dining there The waitress she is very bad, no say hi, no smile, don't tell us any thing about food, don't tell us any thing at all, talk to us like she don't like us or some thing???? and the bad bad thing she done, when we check we give her Credit card when she return the credit card to us she throw on the table and walk away and did not say thank you or any word at all . I'm not sure what her name, she short, a little bit fat, hair not short not long at shoulder, white lady, take care the table around front room till the middle room . We thing we not gonna go there any more and we will tell friend that this place is not good service waitress very bad .

• Fe
    fearlessd3vil Mar 30, 2012

March 29, 2012 - D&B Discover Mills - Lawrenceville GA - Our party of 10 had a very bad experience at Dave and Buster's for dinner. Our arrival time was 6:50pm and greeted quickly however, it took 10 minutes for someone to seat our party in the resturant area. The greeter, who was a 5 ft tall young lady about 18 years old had to re-arrange a bunch of seating but had no assistance at all from any other D&B employees. The men in my group had to help her move furniture around to seat our party. At this time there were about 3 other tables in the main resturant that had guests. Needless to say it was a very very VERY SLOW night for the resturant. Since we had a party of 10, we would have thought the Manager and Staff would have treated us better. The Manager sat across from our table talking to two other D&B employees but never came to say hello or acknowledge our table at all. We proceeded to order drinks, appetizers, and our main dishes. Three people ordered steak medium cooked and specifically asked for the middle to be pink. When the food came out about 30 minutes later, YES, 30 minutes later, the food was already starting to get cold and the steak was well done. We immediately notified our waitress "Cre" was her name and told her the food was over cooked. She took it back and came back out and said "Did you want that recooked?" which we replied, no we want another steak cooked medium rear so the middle is pink. She then said, "I don't know what you want because the medium is always cooked like that." I said "You are a waitress and you don't know what medium is?" I asked to see her manager immediately. When he came out, he had that look like "WTF!" I told him, "I'm a frequent customer and normally everytime I come here to D&B this place is packed, but today there are hardly any customers here, and I don't feel like we have gotten the service that we deserve. Our steaks were brought out here well done and we need those to be replaced with medium rear cooked steaks." He said it will come right up and he walked away with no sympathy or any other concerns. I noticed at that point that there were only about one or two other tables, so there was no excuse to brush our party of ten off like that. Needless to say they brought out the food 15 minutes later and everyone was finished eating already. We packed up the steak and left very disappointed. Truly sad for my kids, my guests, and the birthday girl. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Will never eat here again.

• Mi
    Misty Gala Apr 22, 2012

Dave & Busters' shouldn't promote themselves as a place for adults, if they're nothing more than an overpriced Chuck E Cheese with rude employees, bad policies and overall terrible customer relations. My friends and I went to the NYC location last Saturday night. After putting out name in we waited our turn on the benches outside the door. We were yelled at, as if we were children causing trouble, by a Dave & Busters security guard. Already, this seemed like a bad place to spend an evening because of the unwelcoming employee who made it clear he didn't want out group of 6 21+ year old patronage. We decided to eat anyway. When our buzzer went off, none of the waitress could figure out where to seat us, so they lead us around for a while. Once seated, we only received 5 menus. We thought this place was for adults only, since we were carded at the door, but quickly found out that our seating area near the bar was filled with children's' birthday parties. We ate our meal and our waitress gave us the bill, telling us that despite our request, she did not divide it, but she did separate the totals by couples. She assumed the there were three couples and insulted two of the boys in our group by making the assumption that they were a couple. We noticed the included gratuity of 18% rather than the standard 15. Gratuity is EARNED. Gratuity implies the patrons were gracious for their service. Included tips encourages slacking employees who don't put in the extra effort to receive good tips. I never skip on tips, but I don't like people forcing it. It was never made clear that tip would be added. After some calculation because of our inconvenience of the bill not being separated, we paid. The arcade was impossible to move in because of all the screaming/running children. It seemed that the guards were mostly for show, aside from telling adults to mind the children. One mother was even changing her baby on a game. To even play, we would have to pay 3 dollars for a card to put money on said car: perfect example of bait and hook. We didn't bother staying to play and don't plan on ever returning for dinner. When I saw an ad for this restaurant we thought it was a great idea and business opportunity, since many adults enjoy playing. This would provide an opportunity to do that without having to deal with children or looking like a creep. We were incredibly disappointing to find that the whole thing was just a frustrating joke and Dave & Busters doesn't work on the anticipation of repeat customers.

James Banez Aug 23, 2012

My recent experience at the Dave and Busters in Addison, IL was terrible. It was my son’s birthday and my daughter and nieces were playing games and collected 580 tickets. They gave their tickets to the person at the counter and swipe it on their card. The kids picked out what they wanted and when the card was swiped, it showed zero tickets. We argued that we saw them swipe the same card and given them the tickets, the person at the counter refused and argue that a different card was used. Called up the manager and they stood by their employee. Are you kidding me? We are talking about 580 tickets NOT 5000. They were willing to loose customer because of 580 tickets. My son was heart broken on his birthday due to this experience. There is no feedback information on their website except for would you recommend us. My big answer is DEFINITELY NOT. In fact I will make sure none of my family, friends, co-workers visit another Dave and Buster location again.

• Kr
    K. Ragosta Oct 30, 2012

Here's a good one. I have had 2 of my sons birthday parties at D&B in the past. The first party was in a shared space which was fine. The 2nd party was reserved for the dining room which was also fine. When I tried to book a party this year, I was told that I could no longer reserve a table in the dining room because they no longer take reservations. So I had a few other choices. One was to take a dinner package (which the food menu was too limited for the adults). The second was to book a table in the shared space with a $300.00 minimum purchase! There is no way that a party of 12 including 5 kids can consume that much food and beverage! My last option was to take a chance and wait for a table to accommodate me. I'm very disappointed and will never book another function there again!

• Lg
    Lgarcia2910 Jun 10, 2013

RASIST! Thats what the greeder is! I went yesterday 6/08/2013 in addison illinois i tried to have a fun time with my gf. As sson as we walk in a tall old african american stops us and ask for our ID's i say shure i show him my matricula (mexican american ID) and dnt eaven look at my age just says i cant let you in "i dnt accept that id" so i was like fine i went back to my car and serched the policy of identifications and it states

"you must have a valid identification card issued by a state governmental agency containing your photograph, date of birth, height, sex and color of eyes."

My ID card has everithing that the policy states so i called diffrent D&B and asked they accept it exept the one in addison if other D&B accept then that means its just this rasist B... While i was still in the parking lot i called them on the phone and the same black man aswered n told him why not if the policy states that and he sayd " other D&B havent updated there policy" and when i heard that i just hanged up before a blew up and yell at him inside for being a rasist.

I am going to call D&B and put a complain raisism is not tolerable any more

I HOPE A D&B EXECUTIVE SEES THIS AND DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

josieee Jun 27, 2014

Valet parking tried to charged us in back parking lot on fairdale ln, he said 10$ to park, we told him do you charge for dave and buster customers?? he said anybody who want to park here have to pay and all those cars parked in this lot were from a bar around the corner called" the prospect park", very rude valet guy he just want his freakin 10$ and i think this parking lot is supposed to be an additional parking for dave and buster and FREE!!!, well disappointing management and we will never come back .

• St
    Stacie Jacobs Nov 09, 2014

wow. If I had come here to read all of the above complaints BEFORE we went to the Orlando store today, I sure could have had a better day than I had going there. Today was a special day for us and, to be doing something new, we wanted to try the Dave and Busters in Orlando for dinner and some fun. To be clear, this location is over an hour drive from where we live. We preregistered online several days ago, so we could take advantage of the free game play offered just for signing up, and we had received the email telling us we were entitled to the free $10 gaming, etc, JUST FOR REGISTERING OUR POWER CARD. So we got to the store and purchased our first power card (also utilizing the free game play coupon we received in the 2nd email that we got). We wanted to eat first, so we sat down in the restaurant and ordered. We wanted to start taking advantage of the power card benefits immediately, so after we ordered I tried to add the power card to my account using the internet, from my phone. The system said something like "invalid card", and refused to take the number. I tried again and it failed again, so I got up and went up to the kiosk to put the power card on our account. The system would not take it. It said to try later. So I went to the lady at the front register who sold us the card and complained. I told her I was trying to add the card to our account. to register the power card. Guess what she told me to do: turn the card over with the picture on the bottom, then swipe it.
    That is not the directions given on the kiosk but, since this was my first visit and she was obviously and experienced employee, I went back to try again. We wanted to start taking advantage of the power card benefits, like the rules say we are now entitled to do, immediately. That didn't help, as you know, and had the employee that directed that been listening to me, instead of shooing me off, I wouldn't have had to go through that failure again. So I went back to the front register and complained again. This time the same lady came with me to the kiosk so she could assist me. First thing I noticed, she didn't swipe it upside down like she told me to, before, and when I asked her about it, she ignored my question.
    She couldn't get it to work, either. The system was not taking the card. Now she told me to use it a little (on the games ?) then come back and try later. I tried to explain the we were already eating and that we wanted to put our food on the power card. She couldn't help me and I could only try later.
    So I went back to the table to eat and waiter overheard the problems we were having and he asked to be able to assist us. he offered to transfer our points, or chips, or whatever you call them before any play has begun, to another card so we could try that one.
    I asked about our credits from the first card and he assured me that he has dome this before and that no one ever has any issues, so we agreed.
    He reminded me that I needed to get it registered to our account before we pay our food and drink bill, to take advantage of the promotions, etc., so I tried it on the internet again. Again it failed. So I went to the kiosk again, and this time it said something like "the card has not been registered to be eligible for rewards", which, from our point of view, is a failure.
    So this time when I turned around to the front register a man asked me how he could assist me. I asked to speak to a manager and he identified himself as a manager. I started telling him the above story, in the order it happened, and he interrupted me to tell that the problem was that the card was not yet registered.
    I explained that that is what I was telling him, that we cannot register the card to our account. That the system was not taking it so we can't take advantage of having the card on our account yet. So, then he started telling me that we had to wait 24 to 72 hours for the email to come...
    So I went back to eat. I'm sure that you can imagine that since your employees don't listen to the customers, it was getting pretty aggravating. At that point no one had apologized that the system wasn't working. Everyone automatically treated me like I was doing something wrong in the process.
    A woman who we assumed to be the restaurant shift manager came by our table asking us about our experience, so far, and the waiter told her about our troubles. She told him not to cash out our order until she got the opportunity to fix this for us; to let her know when we were ready to go with her to the kiosk to fix it.
    When she assisted, the outcome was that since the card was now transferred from the original card, there was nothing she could do. She did try, but it failed. She apologized, but did not offer anything as a consolation, and she did not escalate to any one else. "oh well. you shouldn't have transferred the card"
    So that pretty much soured the rest of our time there, and we hurried out. We will tell everyone we hear about that talks about going there, about our bad experience.
    Nothing will become of this, here, of course. There's no place to give my information for follow-up. I'll call corp office when they open. probably waste more of my time...thanks Dave and Busters! (not)

• Ro
    Rose53 Jul 21, 2015

On July 18th my family and visited Dave and busters in Pelham manor ny around 6.00pm. Upon entering we made reservation to dine in. The manager Matt was there he said it was about an hour wait. We decided to wait so with the four kids in tow and four adults we went off to play games while we waited.we de joyed the games while we waited. Finally the beeper went off one of the adults in my party went to the desk and was told to wait twenty mins while they cleared the table. Why set the alarm off if the table wasn't ready. Ok we went back to playing waiting to be called. Half hour later the beeper went off again we gathered up the troops and went to the desk hoping to be seated. The hostess were shuffling around looking confused. One of them informed me our table was given to another party of eight so give them a minute. Well it wasn't a minute try ten. Then the manager came back and said my table would be ready in a min because someone spiilt something and they're cleaning it up. At this point I'm pissed and ready to go but the kids were hungry. Finally ten minutes later we sat down gave our order which took another 30 mins. One of the things I ordered was a chicken quesadilla .when it came it was dry and no chicken to be found maybe pepper quesadilla would be a better name. Called the manager Matt over he said he was sorry and would change it. What a waste of time all they did was put more cheese not chicken. To say the least disappointed again. Told Matt again he said he was sorry and he would take it off my bill . And offered to give me a dessert to make up for the problem my kids were excited and ordered the strawberry fondue . If he was trying to right the wrong it went horribly wrong because after waiting half hour I paid the bill and left. To me he should have taken the time himself and got the dessert and brought it to the table. I would not eat there again or recommend anyone going there.

• Ap
    April76w May 31, 2016

I've never been so disappointed and unsatisfied but mostly embarrassed. We had one great date night with you guys and I bragged you up to all my family and friends on how great the food and service was. And it was total opposite. I planned a party there's group of 14 came and waited when I already had a reservation planned the food was terrible and on top of it I got charged money for a game card and you didn't even put the point on my card. Then your employee wanted to argue with me even though inhad the receipt and time and wouldn't give me my money back. I told everyone about my experience. I'll never go back there again. And I still didn't get reimbursed the money that was taking from me!!! This is the Livonia location. You should be proud of how your business is ran..right into the ground. Which was were my food ended up and then tried serving it to me. Thank god the table next to us saw it or I would have ate it!!! Terrible

• Cr
    Crisis169 Jul 22, 2017

Dave and Busters in Nashville Tennessee is the most useless organization ever Opry Mills Mall is great but Dave & Buster's makes me want to throw up their management is rude staff if you can find any staff members there's always a 30 minute wait in the dining room it always telling me we don't have enough staff I told him manager then shut the place down it's not my fault you can't find people who want to work I'm never going back there again driving 45 minutes just to have some manager try to talk down to me like I'm a child and don't even say call the corporate line file complaint I did 3 times I guess nobody working in the the corporate office either way to go Dave and Buster's you guys finally get my officially you suck reward gratulations

• Fe
    Feeling Unappreciated Jul 11, 2020

I’m in total disbelief regarding my 7/10/2020 experience at the Dave & Busters located in Hoover Al. This place is mismanaged and the staff and managers lack customer relations. The manager told me to get the “F” out of his store when I made an attempt to complain about the service. Yep you heard me “the manager” The business really needs to rethink their customer service at this location. I’m really angry with myself for engaging in a verbal sparing match with “Allan” ugh‼️ I looked at yelp.com there are a lot of Dave and Buster’s complaints.