Menu
Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

302 complaints
66 resolved 236 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Damelin Correspondence College [DCC]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:36 am EDT

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - results are not accurate

am not happy with the service that am receiving am currently studying HRM with Damelin, student no 434061 and my company is the one that is paying for my fees and I feel like my assignment and exams papers are not marked correctly and I submit all my assignment however I don't get correct marks on the statement and also the outcome of my assignment and I have outstanding results that are different on all the statement results that I receive. I am not satisfied at all.

please assist because we don't even get tutors to assist as we are on distance learning.

6:27 am EDT

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - bad service and reluctance to assist

Marlize Luddick student nr 438989. I came here in a desperate attempt to get assisted. I have started my HR diploma through DCC. I wrote my exams and after a long battle I got my results. One of my results was a 30%. Seeing that DCC previously sent another student's assignment attached to my student cover back to me, asking me to conplete the cover, I assumed that it was the same mistake again. After phonong multiple times and struggling for months trying to get them to send me the script and how it was marked and moderated, I decided it was simply not worth the money I am wasting by trying to study through them. I then decided to cancel my registration. After being told I need to fill out a form and write a reason for cancellation, which I did, I was told it will take 2 to 3 weeks. That was 2 months ago. I tried to phone and when I do get through the person didnt know anything helpful and told me to send it again, which I did. I tried phoning again, emailing etc and never getting anywhere or the phone simply going unanswered or being put down in my ear. I am truly at my witts end.

7:18 am EDT

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - unprofessional service

My son is a 2nd year graphic design student at the mowbray branch. Since day 1 when we registered him we had problems. The student advisor completely hopeless, had to wait for how long for his student card and when he eventually got it they didnt want to give it to him cause according to the accounts department he's never paid fees. Even though his fees was up to date. No debit order was loaded as per my instruction. This year the same thing, only debit order was loaded late but to another student number. Damelin is quick to ask for the deposits and registration fees to be paid but if we as parents ask for service they either dont get back to you or days or sometimes weeks later. I am so over this college and its not as if they cheap. Please get your house in order because I have read a lot of bad publicity on this platform. Train your student advisors to do their jobs properly especially in the accounts department. I have only had person tamsyn clarke in mowbray who has always been of assistance.

8:08 am EDT

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - zero support

Enrolled waited over 2 weeks to any form of acceptance by Damelin correspondence.

Begged for my student card, didn't know how to go about getting all study material.
Received student card with details loaded incorrectly.

After enrolling, I have to date [2 months] not been able to get any student advisor support.
The phone numbers ring and go dead, or the phones are answered and just put down.

Reception at this office doesn't wish to help she just puts the phone down.

Management doesn't answer emails.

Voice messages are not answered.

Online enquiries are not replied too.

I have tried every day since I enrolled to get some sort of answers from Damelin on how to proceed with my studies, when I need to come in for my controlled tests.

No one will get back to me.

I have also not been allocated a student advisor as a direct support contact.

How does a student manage to pass via correspondence with zero assistance?

5:26 am EDT
Replied
Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] has left an official reply on this complaint.

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - outstanding results

Student number 426539

I am still waiting on my final statement of results for my last subjects that I wrote in November 2018. I had to resubmit one of my assignments as they somehow either lost the marks or the assignment that was submitted last year August.

I am unable to get any response via e-mail and telephone. I need the marks as these were my final subjects that I wrote in November 2018. I need to submit these marks to my HR department. I will also need a full statement of results with all subjects.

I have sent numerous e-mails and there are no response from no-one. The call centre staff is also no help at all.

Is there anybody that can please assist me.

Mar 19, 2019 5:34 am EDT

Good day

Thank you very much. I received my final marks.

Mar 15, 2019 1:30 am EDT

Good day

Still no response from them.

Nothing to let me know that they are responding to my query.

Mar 13, 2019 2:44 am EDT

Student number 426539.

I am still waiting on my statement of results for November 2018. I had to resubmit an assignment because the mark and assignment somehow got lost. I need to submit my final mark to my HR department. To contact Damelin Correspondence via e-mail or telephone is of no help. Please HELP!

1 comment

Good day Damelin

Is it going to take legal action from our lawyers or mass action with the department of higher education before you eventually start getting your act together. My wife has now for weeks been promised her correct statement of results, as the copy she had been sent, was missing about half of her subjects she had completed(as she had received individual results already). It would also be nice if you stop harassing her for exam fees she does not owe you, in fact you are billing her for 3 exams she never entered for and are not even part of her course!
Seriously just wake up!

N
2:43 am EDT

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - Refund

Good day,

I have sent through all relevant information and documentation for the refund the 13th of July 2018. I was informed this process would take place within 90 working days. However as to yet I have not yet received my money back. They bluntly ignore my emails and the call center is completely useless.

I have sent numerous emails to [email protected] and [email protected] ( whom apparently is the manager ).

Update by NatalieKlemm
Apr 02, 2019 1:06 am EDT

I was promised my refund would be completed no later then end of March. Still no proof of payment received nor reply to my mails! Disgusting service. Never in my life again.

I will take be taking matters further to the council of Higher education this week.

Pathetic

Update by NatalieKlemm
Mar 12, 2019 4:08 am EDT

Natalie Klemm
[protected]

I
2:45 pm EDT
Replied

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - registration number for final online assessment not available/no knowledge of product/no diploma

My daughter student no. 438249, registered to study via DCC last year February of 2018. Course: Pastel Accounting 14. On receiving the text books and CD's we discovered that they were old stock and the registration number no longer worked. We were able to gain the new number from DCC. On doing all the required assignments and handing them in on time we were informed that they had no staff to markthese assignments, thus resulting in late returning of said marks.in the Sage handbook she is required to write and online assessment exam and for this we need a registration no. After contacting DCC numerous time via email and phone we still have no number and have been chasing dead ends. Sage/Pastel is unable to help as she is studying via DCC and DCC is unable to help due to lack of knowledge of their own products and keeps refering us to Sage. Now my daughter is unable attain her diploma and will lose a huge amount of money. This is unacceptable. Either refund our money or give her the diploma based on her assignment marks. As she has filled all course requirements and DCC has not come to the table. This is very dissapointing and highly unprofessional. She has tried the student portal, but this has so many technical problems that it is impossable to find help. Please find below all email coresspondance with DCC done by my daughter and her father trying to get the approriate information.

Information emails are below:

Sent: Thursday, 21 February 2019 13:44
To: Ian Terblanche
Cc: [email protected]

Hi Ian

I'm glad to hear that they have assisted you successfully.
Unfortunately the exam can't be written at Sage because it is a Damelin exam and we are not registered as an exam centre for Damelin.

Nicoleen Naidoo
National Learning Sales Advisor, Accounting
Sage

Office: 011-304-3670
Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Facebook | Community
Brilliant entrepreneurs. Celebrity speakers. And you.
See you at Sage Summit this July in Chicago! #SageSummit

sage Be Sage. Build On.

The information contained in this email transmission may constitute confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please take notice that reuse of the information is prohibited.

From: Ian Terblanche
Sent: 21 February 2019 11:05 AM
To: Naidoo, Nicoleen
Cc: [email protected]

Hi Nicoleen,

Thanks for your response. Since our last correspondence with Damelin we received an extension on het course till 28/08/2019. The mail is attached. Hugo van der Walt helped us resolve the extension.
We also just received her 3rd assessment's points. The only thing that we still have to sort out is the online exam/assessment my daughter still has to do.
Can she do it at SAGE? She is registered at Damelin Correspondence.

Hope you can help.

From: Naidoo, Nicoleen
Sent: Thursday, 21 February 2019 09:32
To: [email protected]

Hi Ian

Thank you for your email.
This email trail is dated all the way back to January.
Was your daughter assisted?
Which Damelin campus is she registered with?

Nicoleen Naidoo
National Learning Sales Advisor, Accounting
Sage

Office: 011-304-3670
Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Facebook | Community
Brilliant entrepreneurs. Celebrity speakers. And you.
See you at Sage Summit this July in Chicago! #SageSummit

Company name - Registrations Queries - Customer Not On Database
Contact person - Jenny
Contract details
Contract number - NAAB1110491
Contract name - Pastel Partner Version 14 (2014)
Contract status - XS - End User SA-Free Support-Expired

Contact person - Jenny Incident contact person -
Contact email - Incident contact email - [email protected]

Contact mobile - Incident contact mobile -
_
Incident category - Temporary Registrations Escalation group - Registrations - General
Incident type group - Registrations Department Assigned agent - Nicoleen Naidoo (Active)
Incident type - Registrations - General Support group -
Outline - FW: Student number 438249

Actions

(11 February 2019 17:37:06) Closed by Johanna Webb for Nicoleen Naidoo
Please assist student
(11 February 2019 14:08:22) Escalated by System to Johanna Webb
Escalated by System Agent
Time since last action: 81:55 hh:mm. Time allowed for Agent Group "Fax Received - Training" in Escalation Group "Fax Received - Training" is 300 minutes.
(28 January 2019 11:13:43) Re-routed by Hape Matima to Nicoleen Naidoo
Kindly assist Thank you
(28 January 2019 08:35:39) Assigned by System to Xoli Ntshalintshali
Good morning,

My daughter, Hanneke Terblanche, student number 438249 is doing the pastel accounting 14 course through Damelin correspondence. She has to write an online exams/assessment before 28 Feb 2019 and is looking for the "Register serial number" to logon to SAGE Pastel Zone. She has submitted all 3 assessments required for this course. We have phoned Damelin numerous times without any success. Can you please help with this issue?

All correspondence with Damelin is attached below.

Best regards

From: Gavin Pitt
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2019 10:52
To: Ian Terblanche ; [email protected]
Cc: DCC support

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email.

Please note I don't have the number but I googled it and found the below you may try them.

Hope this helps.

Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2019 10:43
To: Gavin Pitt ; [email protected]
Cc: DCC support

Good day Gavin,

Thank you for you response, it's highly appreciated. Do you perhaps have a contact number for Pastel where Hanneke can contact them.

Hope you can help.

From: Gavin Pitt
Sent: Thursday, 24 January 2019 10:22
To: [email protected]
Cc: Ian Terblanche ; DCC support

Dear Henneke,

Trust all is well.

Please note I called your cell number and phone was off I then called your mom and she advise you at work.

Please note that we do not provide student with the serial number as we only have the registration code as per the below email.

Please note that you will have to make contact with pastel as they will assist you step by step when trying to register for the online exams.

Trust the above is in order.

Gavin Pitt | Student Services Supervisor

Tel: +27 11 712 2556

E-mail: gavin. [email protected] edu. za | www.dcc.edu.za

[cid:image001. [email protected] ACDAC3C0]

From: Ian Terblanche [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 January 2019 09:16
To: DCC support

Good day,

We have tested this code and it doesn't open the exams on Sage Pastel Zone. This "Register serial number" is not for the Pastel Partner 14 course, it's for the online exams on Sage Pastel zone. Please supply me with a Register serial number for this exams or contact my daughter on 0609610105 to assist her with this urgent matter.

From: DCC support
Sent: Tuesday, 15 January 2019 12:11
To: Ian Terblanche

Dear Mam

I trust that you are well.

With reference to the subject matter, please see below pastel code as requested ;

Pastel Partner 14

HVVYZ-PJWWW-NVYTQ-HKXZG-TZHPT-SKYHQ-QQHQQ-QHQNQ-TQQQQ-QQQVN-MZPZ

With the hope of the above being in order, I thank you for your enquiry and your patience in this regard.

If any assistance needed, please contact our call centre on 0860 41 41 41 or email support at: [email protected] edu. za

Kind Regards,

Evodia Schoeman| Student Consultant (Student Support)

Tel: +27 860 414141

To: DCC support
Cc: infodamelin
Subject: Student number 438249

Good day,

My daughter, Hanneke Terblanche, student number 438249 is doing the pastel accounting 14 course through Damelin correspondence. She has to write an online exams before 28 Feb 2019 and is looking for the "Register serial number" to logon to SAGE Pastel Zone. We have phoned Damelin numerous times without any success. Can you please help with this issue?

She has also submitted all 3 assessments required for this course and only received the results for the first one.

Hope someone can solve this issue soon.

Email: [email protected]

Disclaimer: This correspondence together with any and all appendices are proprietary, private and confidential and for the attention of the addressee only. If you receive this correspondence in error, kindly contact and advise the author, and delete all copies of this correspondence from your system as well as any hard copies which may have been printed. If you are not the intended recipient, any act of dissemination, distribution copying, reproduction or placing of reliance on the contents herein contained is strictly prohibited. We accept no responsibility for any infections or damages that you may suffer as a result of receiving this or any data messages or transmissions. This does not constitute an electronic signature, to vary any contract.
Attention:
This email has arrived from the internet.
Please use caution when opening attachments. Please follow all appropriate security policies when opening any email from a non-trusted source. If you feel this message is suspect please contact your local security representative or Help Desk for review.
— E-mail Header —
From : [email protected]
Sent : 28-01-2019 08:25:32
To : [email protected]
Subject : FW: Student number 438249

Internal Reference - [Sage Evolution:TAID=20428658:]

3:46 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Damelin Durban citys reception is highly disorganized, not up to standards, the financial department is rude, they refuse to listen to students requests, they make the students miss lectures just for access cards, being in third year they do not understand the importance of lectures, they lose students contracts every year and force us out of lectures for...

D
4:01 am EST
Replied

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - lack of respect and unwillingness to help as well as unethical workmanship

I have been trying to register with dcc for over a week now. At first it took them 3 days to get back to me and when they did the guy said I was phoning the wrong branch so he said he would take my details and get someone to phone me, that never happened... So I went onto the website and messaged them there were I was finally contacted by a student consulate, she then sent me documents to read and fill out which I did but before I sent them back to her I asked her some questions, to which I got terrible one sentience answers that didn't even make sense like I asked her why is there a fee and her answer was the fee is r75.00. Once I had managed to figure it out for myself I then just needed to make sure I knew the payment plan so I emailed her explaining what I though she meant, I then had to wait two days for her to reply. When I finally got my answer I sent her the documents she had sent me thinking that everything had been done only for her to tell me that I didn't send her the application form, to that I replied that in my first email when I asked questions one of them were that I didn't think I had the application form to which she replied with yes you do. So I only received my application form once I had already sent back all my other forms. So on monday she sent it to me and I filled it out and sent it back to her then she tells me after all of this that I need a stamp on my grade 11 report. Her manager obtained that for her, as I was furious at having again to get another document. Once everything was sent she said that it would take 30 minutes to get the credit check and about 3 hours to get the academic approval. That was yesterday at 1:11pm I still have not revived any information about that. When I phoned today to ask why I have not gotten a reply but she has read them as outlook sends a email when its been read, they told me that she is not even there today, I emailed the manager shortly after that and have still not revived a reply from him. When I phoned him yesterday to complain he barely let me talk, he interrupted me while I was complaining about the consultant to defend her. I am discussed with the level of disrespect and unprofessional behavior and attitude. And yet there is still no one who will do anything about it.

N
11:25 pm EST

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] - service

I'm deeply disappointed in damelin college.
I've registered to do a short course in 2015, completed the course paid them in full until today I didnt get any feedback with regards to my poe results. I've been complaining going back and forth battling to get my results. I have called the campus and customer service numerous times it's either the person to deal with is on leave or not available. Every time I get promised they would get back to me but they don't.

J
5:03 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am very fustrated with Damlien, and how they go about things I applied to do my matric last year June 2018, And only in Dec 2018, I got sent an sms my material will be dispatched in 21 working day, to date phone calls get put down in my ear, ignored and shunt around yet I've paid deposit in June of 2018 and money debited of my account can damelin just have some common decency

C
12:12 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name Cecil Ntswana, student no:440176. I have been calling many times regarding my account and no one is taking me serious or willing to help me... I've been calling from the 7th and all I get from the consultants is that they should log in first and then they'll get back to me but none of them does... And on the 24th December I spoke to another...

View 0 more photos
A
8:08 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have registered in 2014 and had 18 modules to submit. they committed to marking books in 30 days, which in my case took more than a year at a time. its 4 years down the line and I am still waiting for my last book to be marked in order for me to write my exams. I have lost out on job opportunities cos of this. I have sent 100's of emails back and forth...

3:07 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have actually lost count now of the number of complaints I have sent through regarding this college. Firstly I write exams in june 2017 and get told in october 2018 that I need to re-write the subjects due to administrative errors (dont see how exactly thats my problem) which to my dismay I did. Now a month later of informing the college about receiving...

4:59 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Sibongile Sereo. I've been struggling to get my refund from Damelin. I have submitted my forms for refund which it takes 3 months according to their forms to refund funds. In October I did a follow up about my money and they told me that I did not submit proof of payment, which all the documents were submitted. No one contacted me from Damelin to...

L
6:54 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My student number is 421977, i completed a course in Diploma:Management in December 2016 however till to date i have not yet received any letter confirming the completion of my course. I've been calling the college to make inquiries regarding my diploma but till to date, i have not been assisted. I have spoken to a number of the college's consultants whom...

F
7:53 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir / Madam, RE: Delays in issuing certificates and non-existent student support by Damelin College - City Centre, Cape Town My son, enrolled at Damelin College City Centre for the Certificate in Marketing in 2017 and to date the certificates have not been issued. I sent an email on 16 March 2018 to Ms Shevon Baartman to make an enquiry on the...

T
3:32 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day My name is Tamryn van Harte I have been liaising with Damelin since 2017 with regard to an R500 that is reflected on a statement for registration that they claim has not been paid. I have sent mails to various accounts staff after receiving calls to get this resolved but as soon as my mails have been sent then no-one responds until a few month...

5:38 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

1 have been dealing with Alison August regarding my course. i submitted assignments in april 2017 for the subjects i wrote in the June 2017 session after almost a year of begging for correct results i get told i should re-submit the assignment and my final mark would be adjusted accordingly. now after completing my course and requesting my completion letter...

1:44 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day I Student number 426539 and I urgently need my statement of results. My matter has been escalated to the exams department and I am still waiting now for almost a month. I did not receive all my marks. I wrote 3 subjects and I did submit all compulsory assignments. It is really urgent that I get these results. Please can I get assistance.

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] contacts