Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care Logo

Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care

Having problems with Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care?

Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care Customer Service Contacts

1800 677 373 (Australia)
1800 823 7541 (Mexico)
+44 800 085 1950 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 114 239 (Ireland)
+61 292 522 977 (Australia)
+64 800 637 537 (New Zealand)
+43 12 300 090 (Austria)
+420 296 180 096 (Czech Republic)
+45 33 179 658 (Denmark)
+33 142 618 222 (France, Paris)
+33 472 695 459 (France, Lyon)
+36 680 021 113 (Hungary)
+39 276 398 004 (Italy, Milan)
+39 642 454 757 (Italy, Rome)
+31 202 182 546 (Netherlands)
+41 417 4668 (Switzerland)
+27 214 220 807 (South Africa)
+66 201 784 305 (Thailand)
+66 817 332 256 (Thailand)
+54 114 821 4900 (Argentina)
+57 17 435 253 (Colombia)
+43 681 2078 8726 (Austria / WhatsApp)
26 Wilbraham Road, Fallowfield

Largo del Teatro Valle 6 00186 Roma Italia

Netherlands
de Boelelaan 7 1083 HJ Amsterdam

Spain
Centro Internacional de Idiomas Madrid Calle de María de Molina, 41 28006 Madrid

Sweden & Finland
Strandvägen 13B Box5761 114 87 Stockholm

Switzerland
Haldenstrasse 4, 6006 Luzern, Switzerland

South Africa

Cape Town
Touchstone House, Unit 802 7-11 Bree Street, Cape Town, South Africa

Johannesburg
The Oval, Epsom Downs, Cnr of Meadowbrooke and Sloane, Bryanston, Johannesburg, 2191, South Africa

Thailand
Emporium Tower, 25 / 5-25 / 7, 622 Sukhumvit Rd, Klongton, Bangkok 10110, BTS Prompong Exit 2

Argentina
Billinghurst 1833, 8° B Esquina Ave., Santa Fe -Palermo Capital Federal AR- C1425EEH Buenos Aires

Brazil
Avenida Brigadeiro Luís Antônio, 4701 01401-002, Jardim Paulista São Paulo, SP

Colombia
Carrera 9 N. 78-57 Bogotá, Colombia

Mexico
Jaime Balmes 8 Local 6 Colonia Los Morales Mexico DF CP 11510

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care Customer Service. Initial Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care. Discuss the issues you have had with Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cultural Care Au Pair / International Care Complaints & Reviews

Cultural Care Au Pair AgencyAwful services

Cultural Care do not believe in providing services to host family once they get their money. My experience was awful with their rematch process. Program director would put some aupair in my profile I would go through all details to find out that she is not interested in moving from west coast to east coast. In two weeks rematch process I was given all the profiles with basic problem. When it was time to pick up my aupair I kept on asking them when would they pick her up or if I need to drop her they did not reply until saturday and the timing were such that I had to change my monday schedule. My experience is once they get the money you are not customer for them. From senior management to lower management no one is ready to help once they get their money. Moreover au-pair that comes from other countries do not have any idea of how to play with kids how to keep them entertain.It is not even as cost effective as they make it sound. It says weekly $350 but add to it car insurance cost + if car gets damage + you are providing rental free to someone+ food and drinks + match/rematch fee(where there is no support) + cost for picking up .aupair. Au-pairs coming from other country pays for being aupair and if they can not find family within few months their money is gone so they are going to say yes to family for everything before coming to the country and when they come here they would ask for rematch so they are using host family as source to come to the country and Cultural care has already charged to host family so they do not care for the family. Think 100 times before you choose to go with cultural care or any au pair agencies.

• 12
      123456789012 Sep 23, 2012

I am going to go as an au pair with Cultural Care next spring.. and now I'm having second toughts after reading all kinds of horror stories!

Cultural Care Au Pair — Sham operation

We hired an Au pair using Cultural Care in re-matching process from other family. Au pair was allegedly...

Cultural CareUnnormal

Sind gerade dabei Au pairs mit schlechten Erfahrungen zu finden, wir wollen gegen Cultural Care vorgehen. Cultural care kann nicht so weiter arbeiten uns nach ein paar Wochen oder wenn man glück hat nach ein paar Monate nach hause zu schicken und unser Geld behalten. Wenn man glück hat bekommt man die Kaution zurück, aber die Kaution ist nix. Wir leiden und sind teilweise ganz alleine dort, denn man kann sich auch nicht immer auf ein Lcc verlassen. Wir wollen mehr, wir wollen alles. Und alle die genau so denken und gegen Cultural Care kämpfen möchten MELDET EUCH BITTE!!! [protected]@live.de

Cultural Care Au Pair — Awful service & treatment of Au Pairs

Cultural Care was a big disappointment, the way they treat the Au Pairs is unbelievable. Here is what they...

Cultural Care Au PairShocking experience

Financial, emotional, physical drain are among the unfathomable, shocking experiences we had with this Group of People who, at the heart of it all, places total strangers, who's character, background, and intentions are the last thing the Reps focus on, under the roofs of trusting, exhausted, devoted and vulnerable Families. To consider affording this Agency, instead, just send a bunch of airline tickets to young, strangers, don't bother asking them anything about themselves, for you'd then know the same amount - truthful amount as we did, and bring them to live under your roof, in the most private, intimate and sacred part of your world and pray.

Mary Kay1 Nov 10, 2013

We had a terrible experience with CCAP.
          Authorities wont do anything, I don't understand. Several complaints are being made is this sham agency is still standing.
          Our Au Pair from Colombia spoke very little English with a thick heavy accent, she is trying to teach my children Spanish without my consent. She did very poorly in small tasks. Her initials are CBT.

Mary Kay1 Nov 10, 2013

The Au PAIRS from Colombia they are awful!!!
          They are trying to find a rich man to get them out of their misery.
          They are up to no good. AU PAIRS from Colombia go back your third world country, go study and be a member of society, go pay taxes, go away!!!

• Co
          ConcernedMom2 Oct 29, 2012

After dealing with a nanny from Columbia who was viewed on our nanny cam with an older gentleman during the day, was found feeding my daughter while she was choking, and was gone missing for an entire day, oh, let me add that she was found asleep on the job in a chair holding my infant in a chair as well. This criminal agency attempted to place blame on my husband and I. We were left helpless with this deranged woman in our home. We tried to get her out, but instead the agency placed her with an unsuspecting family in CA. Sure enough, she did the same things within four days there. Only difference is she drove their family car on top of their lawn and hit a tree. So, I was screamed at by an Area Director for warning the new mother about the danger of using this woman. Can you imagine? They would rather endanger the lives of children versus getting rid of this nanny. WAKE UP parents--this is a dangerous organization! Heed your warnings!

• Su
          summerlover Nov 02, 2011

I couldn't agree more and will give feedback in hopes of saving a family or two the trouble!!
          I have used cc for about 9 years. I have had fabulous experiences. however in the past year or two I have seen an absolute decline in quality of service. It seems as though the almighty dollar is the only thing that motivates this agency!! I have had au pairs endanger and verbally and emotionally abuse my children. Even after you ask for the au pair to be removed the agency diligently tries to place the aupair in another unsuspecting family home, .
          Its criminal!
          the most recent experience I had is that our aupair at 24 years old could not find Ger way to get along with a 10 year old. This emotionally twisted young woman took every chance she got to provoke and argue with y 10 year old... No child is perfect- my little one is regarded as a sweet and kind child by most who know her... This aupair got so crazed with her that she nearly crashed the car while badgering my child, theLCC and agency knew..but were not really concerned..then she continued to become volatile and mean towards my child over the next month..finally i couldn't allow it and had her leave. the agency conveniently placed my account on hold while I decided whether or not to continue with the agency..while the feverishly looked for a 3rd family for her to be placed in..I do not believe the 3rd family was given information on what went wrong- and now their children could be in danger!! Its disgusting! They certainly never called for a reference..I hope this new Florida family is careful..this could be a dangerous situation for their children!

• Li
          Ling Chi May 27, 2010

You should have done better research into the company you charged with finding care for your children. Shameful parenting. CC is a company that pretty much sucks at what they purport to be good at doing. Best bet is to go to sites like SitterCity.com, place your own ad, and find someone for far less than the initial outlay that CC would charge you. Sure, you may wind up with someone as bad as what CC gives you, but it's a lot less of a hassle to replace that person without paying another finder's fee.

• Sf
          sfields2 May 27, 2010

I could not agree more. I had an incident with my au pair this week where she placed my daughter in a dangerous situation and used poor judgement at every turn. I am thinking of getting rid of her but I am not sure because I am afraid I will just get someone worse. I was desperate at the time to find someone (single, divorced, working mom) and could not find a decent nanny locally. She has been more trouble than she is worth and has not made my life easier. I think cultural care is a poorly run company that does not screen their candidates at all and they take no responsiblity when it goes wrong. When a girl says "I like kids" on her application that does not qualify her as someone to be taking care of children. I suppose the only thing to do is to complain to the BBB.

Culturalcarebad service

I want to tell you another story. ABOUT THE USA FAMILY. I came in this country as AU-pair. I had an experience of working with children, I was in Germany as au-pair, the only thing that I couldn't say I have an experience with is driving. Talking to my host family from my home, I told them that after getting my driving license, I could drive just once a month on weekends with my dad. Because I don't have my own car. So I don't have an experience of driving. My host dad asked me if I am afraid of driving or not. I said no, because it was the truth. The only thing I need is experience. He told me not to worry, because I'll take some driving lessons in the USA and will get their local driving license. I was glad, because it was my only problem.
        As I came to my host family the situation looked like this: first day they were ok, second - they were already mad, because I couldn't remember everything about what to do with 3 children, their lunches, etc. Third day was driving. I was shocked I could hardly drive, because roads signs are different as in my country, the car is different. I was afraid to drive not because I can't do it or I am afraid of driving at all, just because I didn't know the rules and it is the worst thing on the road and it doesn't matter you have experience or not.
        After they told me that I am a lier, because I can't drive. I'd like to see them in my country, how would they feel and drive if you can hardly understand what is written on the sign. Then I took driving lessons, my host dad bought me a book with the rules, and I was pretty good. They were afraid I am not safe enough. I was, because didn't know the rules. But after studying a book, and having 14 hours of lessons with driving I was good, I felt better, because it was already easy for me. But once we were driving, I was following my host mom's car, wheather I didn't put turn signal on, or she just didn't want me to stay with them any more, she said no, you can't drive. So now we are in transition, because I can't drive. And I am a lier because I said I can. They said I was irresponsible, lier, the person that they couldn't relay on, the reason for that I didn't know. They made a fool of myself.
        Then after one week of following them to children' school I still couldn't remember the way, because I was following, I was surching the car with my eyes, I was afraid to be lost in a big city, in a foreign country. If I once went there by myself, I could know the way in one week, because following didn't help me a lot. They were already mad, that I still don't know the way. But once I did get lost, and after that I knew where to go, because that is the thing that helps, I had to do it at least once by myself. Some of them could be in the car, but I had to do it by myself.
        Then she (host mother)s tarted to scream at me, was always mad. When we were preparing kids' lunch boxes, I was trying to do it by myself, instead of telling me that something should be done in a different way, she was screming at me. After I did it by myself, she were changing everything without giving me a chance to learn how to do it in an appropriate way. I was always putting bottle of water in the bag we were going to the park with in the evening, but she took it away, and was screeming at me in the morning that I didn't put any water. So they didn't give me time and chance to be good. They were always putting sticks in the wheels. And I couldn't work like this. I was always nervous too. It was like a nightmare.
        They were acctually screaming at their adopted children (there are 2 of them), when they said smth bad at school, the punishment was no dinner, sometimes even breakfest on the other day and it could repeat the whole week.
        I know that there are good families, but I've gor just a terrible one. :(
        As far as the services of CULTURALCARE are concerned, I am just dissapointed, because I paid money for their services, I had two weeks to find another family, but they were not trying to help me. My program director was recomended me as a non-driver at all. I can drive, I have driving license, I just have no experience. I got 2 phone calls from her, one was informing me about a fact that I am in transition with my family, and the other one at the end of 10days, that she is going to book tickets home for me, because ther are no families for me. She had to call me more, and at least inform me, how was everything going, but she didn't, she just didn't do anything to help me. She just told me she was sorry.
        Morover my LCC, talking with my host family about the transition, it was monday, asked them from what day they wanted her to count 2 weeks (she was not allowed to do it, because it's counted from the day we came into a transition), they told friday, so I had 3 days less. That's how CULTURALCARE HELPED ME TO FIND ANOTHER FAMILY. NOW I HAVE TO COME BACK AND I DON'T KNOW FOR WHAT DID I PAY MONEY???
        Terrible family. I am glad that I won't be with them any more, there are 2 thing that I am sorry about is that I can't stay here any more :( and I am sorry for the adopted kids of my host family :(

• Xg
            XGIRLX Sep 20, 2010

i was au pair for a nine months and that was the worst experience, Dava Yavetz program director was the worst person i had ever meet in my life...DONT EVER TAKE CULTURAL CARE FOR YOUR AGENCY
            ITS THE WORST ONE AND MOST EXPENSIVE

• Ol
            OLD FASHIONED AMERICAN May 21, 2010

not knowing the full situation, I can only say One thing, we do not adopt children to give them a loving quality family life and then hire an Au pair. I feel bad most for the kids, and this womAn ... believe in yourself, and understand as an Au pair you are going to deal with a lot of children that miss the time with their parents, If you can emotionally handle that, well you are a saint, Just be good to the kids, they probably, need all of the love and attention they can get> Oh and it is apaulling if you can afford an au pair you can probably afford for one parent to WORK part time or be home with the kids... ###s.

Cultural Care Au Pair — Victimized Au Pairs at Children's expense

These au pairs are being victimized at the expense of young childrens' safety for the profit of big...

Cultural Care Aupair — Bad Agency

I had an Aupair who was not quailified, who made fasle statements to the agency, the agency pulled her from...

Cultural CareFraud

Cultural Care is a fraud! They take money from the family and tell them they are getting an au-pair who understands that she will need to work. Then they take money from the au-pair and tell her she will be having a "cultural exchange" with a "host family". When the au-pair arrives you expect childcare and she expects a foreign exchange family. It is a total scam! The au pair they sent us was lazy and less capable than my 9 year old. To make matters worse, she up and left in the middle of her year (which she admitted she was planning all along) and left us with phone bills, library bills, etc. When we complained to Cultural Care they tried to send us several other losers who had been kicked out of their homes for various reasons - causing a divorce, homesick, piercings in their eyes. We ended up walking away from $5, 000 just to be done with them. DONT USE CULTURAL CARE!!!

• Ju
              Just a parent Mar 26, 2010

Don't walk away from your money! Here are a few things that you can do:

1. If you’re willing to “deal” with them, the best way to get most of your money back is to get matched with an au pair that has only a few weeks left in the program and you'll be fully reimbursed for all the weeks of service you already paid for and won't be receiving. This is in your contract. Don't pay for this au pair's vacation and educational component until the very end. Last but not least, don't take any more abuse. If things aren't working out with this last au pair, get her out of your place and don't sign their stupid exit form. Get a police report if there is unacceptable or unlawful behavior. You're not breaching any contract. You are protecting your family and your assets.

2. If you are not willing to deal with them anymore, complain to the Better Business Bureau. All you have to say is that you're not satisfied with the quality of their services. You'll be amazed at how responsive Cultural Care reps suddenly become. You have a big chance of getting money back, and you also lower their rating.

3. Complain to the Department of Consumer Affairs in your county. They'll have to respond to them and that takes their time and money as well. You might not see any money from taking this action but it won’t help them either.

Cultural Care Au Pair — Australian Au Pair Side Of The Story.

After reading many of the complaints here made by host families, I just had to correct some of the...

Cultural Care Au Pair — Au Pair's Side of the Story III

So, I was matched again and left to California just to find myself in another NIGHTMARE. The family at first...

Cultural Care Au Pair — Au Pair's Side of the Story II

I also forgot to mention in the first part: *I was never paid for the extra hourse which was around 12-15...

Cultural Care Au PairAn Au Pair's Side of the Story

Hello,

Well, it's about the time that someone reads about the awful experience of an au pair in the USA, because according to all of these posts, the host families are the victims of their terrible au pairs. I was an au pair for one and half year. I have had babysitting experience back in my home country prior my arrival and also volunteered in a local childcare center. When I provided the agency with my references, my references called me to let me know that they were contacted by Cultural Care representatives. I was also interview in English and qualified in intermediate level. I had no driver's licences and therefore the agency looked for the family who didn't require the driving. I also paid 900 Euros the program fees and additional 200$ for the US visa. My host family in Long Island sounded so nice on the phone. The host mom was young and she was convicing me that there was nothing to worry about. My parents felt relieved because it was my first overseas trip and they had their concerns. Anyways, when I finally arrived to the host family's home I was SHOCKED and just wanted to run away. I was crying that whole day. The host mom picked me up and then left me with her sister and the kids and went back to work. The house was a disaster and later in the evening the host dad came and barely said HELLO to me. I was told that one of the host parents would stay at home for first 2 days to show me around but that was not the case. I didn't have an access to the internet, even tho they had their laptops they had been promising me for 1 and half month to set up the computer in my room. For 1 and half month I had to go to the library which was NOT close to their house to keep in touch with my friends and family. Once I made pancakes for breakfast and ate with the kids, but when my host mom saw that I ate the pancakes she told me that those were for kids only and that I could eat something else. I felt so desperate, unpleasant and humiliated in their home, it's hard to describe it. When I started caring for the kids, thats when the nightmare actually started. My hours were totally exceeding 45 hrs with my schedule 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM and when I am finally supposed to be OFF at 6:30 PM my host mom would decide to take shower "quickly" or "make a phone call" and I would be "just watching the kids for few minutes" which would turn in another hour so I was working 12 hrs a day, OK? Another thing, when I first got there she had a cleaning lady but then she fired her and expected me to do all the work: clean the floor, vacuum every day, clean the kitchen, do children's laundry and she was so disrispectful that she would leave always her laundry in the washer/dryer on days I was doing kids' laundry so I would do her laundry as well. Her mother, the grandma, was there every day, and was REALLY rude to me every time, sometimes allowing herself to YELL at me if she considered I did something wrong. On one occassion, the oldest girl was throwing the stuff at me and hurt my eye, so I put her on time out for 4 min (she was 4 yrs old), her mother made such a BIG DEAL out of it and told me I should never again put her child on time out without her permission. The situation that drove me overboard was when I went out of town for my weekend OFF and came back on Sunday evening around 8PM and called to see if they can (as promised) pick me up from the train station, I got a response from my host mom: "NO, we cant, find a cab." I was still new to the area and I was so scared because they promised me to pick me up, otherwise I would get back earlier. The next day I got a phone call from my LCC telling me that my host mom called her over the weekend and was complaining that I was not doing the laundry, that kids are always dirty and that I was on the phone too much. Yeah- I didn't do HER laundry, kids WERE dirty because she would give them dinner after I gave them bath and put them clean PJS on and I was on the phone too much because she CALLED me every 2 hours, every single day! I immediately told my LCC that I want to be leave the family because I couldn't deal with it anymore. While the kids were taking a nap, I started packing my stuff because I had a lot of stuff and I was gonna leave in the evening (according to my LCC my host mom wanted me out of the house the same day) but then my host mom's sister in law came to take the kids because (quoting) "she(host mom) called me and told me to pick up the kids because she is afraid that you would do harm to them". Those word were ringing in my ears for a long time: HOW COULD SHE THINK I WOULD DO SOMETHING TO THE CHILDREN? I was so humiliated and hearthbroken and embarrassed that I just sat and cried and the kids were crying and screaming while their aunt was taking them to the car. My LCC picked me up in few hours and I ended up in her house while waiting for another family.

**I WILL CONTINUE**

• Aj
                AJS1023 Aug 15, 2011

This program is disgusting. I am a Long Islander and I can tell you that most of the families here are trash. Just because you have money doesn't mean you have class, respect, or human sympathy/empathy. My girlfriend is an au pair and this program has done everything it can to force her to decline a rematch. I'm sure this program only operates because it has a good set of lawyers.

• Lr
                Lronson Oct 22, 2010

This is horrifying. I can't believe this agency is allowed to operate, I can't believe none of this violates labor laws. Make your voices heard! Not all Americans are horrible.

• Th
                the nanny Oct 09, 2010

hi,
                i know exactly what you are talking about. i'm an au pair in pennsylvania since about one year now and i just can't wait to leave this horrible experience behind me and go back home.
                cultural care and all these other organisations are just rip offs.
                the host families are complaining and see themselves as victims!? hahahahaha.. well, for me it turned out to be a nightmare.
                slave work for yuppie people who don't know how to handle their spoilt kids and don't want to spend time with them, that's what it really is. pathetic, right?

• Jl
                JLGLCCCC Jan 24, 2010

With every story there are 2 sides to every situation. You need to draft a letter to your LCC and your Program Director. I had a similar situation with one of my AP’s and HF. I did go and pick up the AP. I knew she did not want to be there one minute longer. When the HF was confronted with all of the allegations, both me and the AP were accused of lying about them and that I took the AP side. The family was given a new AP again the same thing happened but I encouraged the AP to share each and every event with me and the second AP did not last 2 weeks because of the same problems. This time I kept notes of everything. Again the HF said I was lying and I encouraged the AP to lie. So what is a Company to do? They were given to a different LCC and the truth came out. Eventually, the family was found to be unsuitable and was removed. It was a he said, she said situation. Not all families are like that. JLG 1-24-10

Cultural Care Au Pair — Unethical

I had two au pairs through Cultural Care, both of them were recycled from other families. Through my bad...

Cultural Care Au Paiir Agencyagency gets sued again for sexual abuse, neglect, etc.

I read on www.aupairclearinghouse.com, a consumer website for au pair agencies, that this company, cultural care, has been sued by a mother and her child because the male au pair that was placed in their home hit, sexually abused a 7 year old and then took nude and porn photos of said child.

I am a new parent, trying to find an au pair, and the first time I do a search, I read this!

I want to be objective and I want inexpensive babysitter, but this really has me scared. Do I not hire an au pair?

Who is this company and is this typical?

New parent looking for babysitter!

• Av
                  avaneysendyck Jun 07, 2010

I think this is not a very common thing that happens, I've also heard about hostfathers abusing the au pair.
                  I think everything relies on how you decide to match with them and wether you do it after interviewing different au pairs very thorough or only one very short. You just need to take your time and feel like you are comfortable with that person coming to your house.

Cultural Care Au PairA very unpleasant experience

We have had the most unpleasant experiences with CCAP. It is true that most of these au pairs have a vision of coming to the U.S. to travel and have an easy job. Obviously they are misled and we know now that we were misled. These au pairs tell you they can drive, etc. and when they get here, they can't. After you have shelled out 7 grand for this au pair to be here you find that you have to look for a new one. It was more of a pain in the butt than helpful. I was hoping to start back to work, but found that I could not leave my children all day with this au pair. She did not interact, she sat around and watched Judge Judy and other court shows all day. It was a mess! Save your money and do something different.

• Re
                    ren1999 Nov 16, 2010

Same experience here...3 aupairs, all lied about their child care expereince and driving skil. Did not interact much with our child. The Program Director, Angie, is terrible to deal with. I would not recommend this program to anyone.

MAMKMOM Apr 28, 2010

I went through the same thing ..I went thr 3 aupairs from cultural care .The last one was from australia - she said she loved kids she came here cause she was having an affair with a man in long Island and she stold from our family !!!

horrid !!

MC

• La
                    Lara82 Nov 07, 2009

Maybe you shouldn't go so cheap next time, especially when it comes to the most precious things in your life, your children (I hope). You get what you paid for.
                    Bringing these girls from other countries and slaving them into hard work, you got to try to take a look from their point of view, I supposed you wouldn't take care of someone else's children for $3 /hour, would you?

The point is, most of this girls come here with good intentions and want to do their best, but when overworking, having no rights, being humiliated, not having privacy and still not being normally paid, it is pretty tough. Also, you should have mentioned that Au Pairs spend big bucks to be part of the program as well and most of them come from good families, and had great education and are honest and loving. Not saying all of them are.

I used to be an Au Pair many years ago. I came from a pretty wealthy family, both of my parents are Doctors, I was highly educated and grew up with with Nannies and Maids, whom I love very much. I believe that most of the host families think they are helping out "poor" girls from 3rd world countries, but in fact, I believe we are the ones helping out. Money was never the reason why i chose to be an Au Pair. I have always loved children and found the Au Pair program to be a great opportunity for me to do what i loved and still be able to be fluent in English ( language I was studying for the past 10 years) and experience the of living in another country.
                    The Au Pair Agency made it very appealing and an amazing opportunity, very different from the reality I lived for 7 months.
                    I am from Brazil and I came here with all the love in my heart, and I took care of two beautiful children whom I was totally devoted to and did my best, I overworked, I worked about 60 hours/week, would start super early in the morning and stay until dinner time, yet I was not invited for dinner, I had no breaks and kids wouldn't take naps, the older girl would go to school for part of the day the 3 ear old stayed with me . The host family started to abuse on my generosity, telling me to do other things it wasn't part of my duties, like, their laundry, clean the dog's poops in the back yard (I am not kidding). The parents would rarely spend time with the kids, they never actually realized how important I was in their kid's life, yet would always treat me super bad in front of them. I think it was a way to deposit their anger in someone that was their subordinate.
                    Anyway, I wet through hell with this host family, and the only thing that held me there for so long was my love and compassion for those poor kids, we really loved each other, and was the hardest thing for me to leave them. I treated them with so much love and respect, yet didn't get any back from their parents. I feel so stupid today, I should have said something, but do recognize I did not have much rights and I was super young and still super polite.
                    I should mention I ran away from the au pair program, with the help of a mother who lived nearby and I had met in through a friend who is a Nanny, she knew me for while then and I would work for her once in a while, when family was away or weekend nights, so I could make some real money, cuz by that time I was totally independent from my family in Brazil, I wanted to be independent. I worked for them without my host family knowing. She would pay me full price of what a Nanny gets paid in the San Francisco Bay Area and knew all I was going through, one day she gave me her car keys and said: "go there, take all your belongings and move in with us for as long as you want and need".
                    That was my redemption day, and It's been almost 5 years.
                    Now I live in San Francisco with my husband, who is an American, I get paid $20/hour to take care of one adorable baby and I still work once a week for that precious family that helped me out of the situation, caring for now 10 year old girl and a 6 year old boy, whom I've watched blossom and become terrific people to this world. I have always found great families to work for since then, that appreciate who I am and what I do.
                    I still work hard but it is just much better.
                    *** Also I would like to mention that there are amazing host families, I had Au Pair friends that had exceptional host families, that maybe couldn't afford to have them out of the program but would definitely treat them with so much respect and appreciation.
                    So I believe it is up to you to make that great experience with your Au Pair, just remember that is the person who will be taking care of your little ones, treat them as you would like to be treated. Be loving and kind to the person who is helping raise your children, I'm sure that you'll get the best in return!

• Cu
                    CulturalCareSucks Sep 30, 2009

LCC_4_CCAP, you must have a very special group, the one that makes the exception to the Cultural Care rule. Families DON'T have complete control over what they pick for their family, because those applications are filled with fake referrals and lies, and because after they are stuck with this company they have no choice to either loose their jobs and/or money or to go with whatever au pair they can get on time. In my case it took 3 months to get a replacement for a mentally challenged au pair (who by the way had a "clean" application, although she was mentally treated at the school where Cultural Care recruited her). The best I was able to get after a frustrating 3 month matching process was someone who neglected my baby. I wouldn't call that "complete control".

• Lc
                    LCC_4_CCAP Sep 22, 2009

As an LCC, I have asked my au pair group if they felt that they were in any way tricked into becoming an au pair. They have all said that they were not and that they knew what they were getting into. Many are already teachers and nurses and are grateful to help a family in exchange of fulfilling their dream of living in Amercia and learning American languare/culture. My group loves their host families and their children and dread the day the have to say "goodbye" to them. The host families have complete control over which au pair they pick for their families. (A lot of other LCCs are host moms because they love the program.)

Cultural Care Au PairChildcare

This company "Cultural Care Au Pair" are nothing but criminals. They fool both the aupairs they recruit along with the host family's they find as well.

For the Aupairs they recruit, they will recruit anybody and I do mean anybody. They tell them that it will be a cultural exchange with American families and they get to travel America. They describe it to them as a vacation with very little or easy work for them. Bottom line, these aupairs gain no cultural experience whatsoever. The only thing they gain is how to change diapers and how to become a maid or slave. These aupairs are promised one thing and are given the shaft when they get to the homes of the host family that they are assign too. And if a problem arrises for them, they have no help from the LCC (the point of contact for the company) and are threaten by them to keep their mouths shut.

For the host family, they receive an aupair who has NO experience rasing kids, cannot drive a car, cannot clean, and cannot cook a simply meal for the kids. They don't even know how to change a diaper until they are shown in the 4 day training in New York. Once the aupair arrives at the host families house and they receive their $7, 000 check, that's it! You will never hear from these people ever again if you need help from them or need to switch or get rid of your aupair if a problem arrises. They are crooks and perfrom a bait and switch with these aupairs. Even if your experience is so bad with them as far as your aupair and you decide you want out of the program even if it's just been 24hours, you will by no circumstances ever get a refund.

Stay away from this company. They take your money and give you someone who doesn't have a clue what is going on at all!

• Pr
                      prospective aupair!! Feb 18, 2012

Help i'm about to join this agency because there is no other way for me to spend a year as an aupair in america, I've had years of experience with housekeeping, childcare and cooking. I also have years of education. I want to have an experience of a lifetime, I want to work hard and experience american culture. Most of all I want to have mutual interest in the care of children while also making friends. I don't want to be put in the same category as inexperienced aupair's ...help. Is there other agencies!!

• Mo
                      mominmotion Oct 21, 2009

I hate CCAP..who are you and what is your experiencec with CCAP that you feel like you can say these things...it would be helpul if you could detail why you feel this way. Otherwise, I am inclined to think you are just one of these disgruntled families or employees with an agenda. I had an issue with Cultural Care regarding my last au pair and I was very happy with how they resolved it...but I would be interested in hearing more about why you hate CCAP so much and what basis you have to make such claims about them.

• Cu
                      CulturalCareSucks Sep 30, 2009

ThompsonSpivey, IhateCCAP is right. Cultural Care Au Pair has been fooling host families and au pairs alike, forever. There might be some screening done here in the US for the host families, but when it comes to the au pairs, give me a break. My first au pair had serious mental issues and received treatment at the school where she was recruited, although her application was "clean". Her replacement had no experience with infants whatsoever, all her references on her application where phony. If you had a decent experience with this company, luck must be on your side, but don't call on others who where abused and neglected by the same people.

• Th
                      ThompsonSpivey Sep 06, 2009

This is not the standard - you must feel awfully hurt if you have had such an experience. I'm a Host Mom, and we've had a wonderful AuPair (extended with same for another year). The Host Parents get to screen who they select, and even call the references, even though Cultural Care Overseas has checked them. The experince is included on their applications and is verified of the number of hours and type of care (infant vs. school aged). As a Host Mom, I don't expect a "maid", or a "chef", but I do expect someone to love and nurture my children ~ this I have received, and yes the children's laundry on occassion during the day. The AuPair gets a stipend - plus other benefits, such as educational, and many travel with their Host Families or in their off time. After being a Host Family for over one year, my husband and I became LCC's to support our group with training, and meetings. The program is not right for everyone, but I have been impressed. The average for our child care has been a little over $320 per week. (The aupair now gets $198 + room and board, and often other benefits - we have bought her gifts and paid for additional classes for her in college that we didn't have to fund). It's not all bad - it just has to be the right fit, and for many familes and AuPairs ~ it's a great match. You can email me at: [email protected] or reach me on my website at http://[email protected] You may also call me for my experience in the program and for current discount codes [protected]. Good Luck in your child care search. PS - Familes that are interested genuinely in a cultural exchange make the best matches :)

Cultural CarePOOR SERV IC E

I used Cultural Care agency and I was very disappointed with their service. Once I paid my money upfront, and received my au pair (who I had trouble with the moment she stepped into my home), I could not get any help with my situation.

BE WARNED about this agency - avoid them and make sure your counselor is not working fulltime. I call and call and my counselor is never at home, at night, she says she is "eating dinner" with her family!!

Cultural Care Au Pair AgencyService

Hi. I was very curious that I don't see all the complaints that were posted here previously on Cultural Care Au Pair Agency.

I noticed that their are no complaints on InsiderPages.com as well. I would say there were at least 900 complaints on these sites, and now they have all disappeared.

Does this site normally delete all complaints on a particular agency? How does this happen? Can the agency delete their complaints using a third party website company?

It is very curious how this happened over the past several weeks and during an especially heated time for this company that has been under a lot of pressure from grass roots movement from host parents to make this company either listen and change or "go down" as one reader put it.

There was also a movement from neighbor.com where they urged host parents to send these complaints to First Lady Obama. Perhaps this is why all of the online complaints about this company "went away?"

If in fact this happened to be the reason for a site, such as this one, to delete complaints in response to pressure from Cultural Care, I would question the reputation of an online service that bases its business on providing up-to-date, factual information, in the form of user's complaints, to report bad service.

Has anyone else noticed this as well??

• Ju
                          JustforAll Dec 24, 2009

I recently had an experience where the AuPair simply made up allegations about me, my family and friends. And, Cultural Care supposely conducted an inquiry which they citied with the AuPair! I was shocked! I offered to have the AuPair polygraphed! Everyone has been correct, they place aupairs who are not qualified, the support goes away, and then they turn the events around to make like it is all of the host family fault! If you have a complaint about Cultural Care, direct it to the United States State Department, BBB, Your Local Congress Rep and Senate Rep, Your Local Consumers Affair, and Get an attorney to sue for your refund, and all of the court cost involved! The Law Firm of Williams and Connelly, Washington, DC, will be glad to talk to anyone who has had trouble with Cultural Care. You have to have documentation, recordings, pcitures, witnesses, etc. Let's band together to get this fraud of a business shut down!

• Lc
                          LCC_4_CCAP Sep 22, 2009

I work for Cultural Care and have found this company to be very caring and professional. I went through extensive training to become an LCC and support local families in my area. What I have seen are false (and anonymous) accusations on the internet detailing events that could not possibly happen. No one forces a family to take an au pair as suggested here. CCAP (the largest au pair agency in the US) tries to find an au pair for a family (when a family needs affordable live-in childcare and requests an au pair); the family screens the au pair until they are satisfied enough to accept him/her. Program fees are only collected when an au pair is found and accepted by a family (unlike many nanny agencies who require fees up front). If it does not work out with an au pair, a replacement au pair is suggested but it is always the family's choice on which au pair to accept into their home. (There are usually many au pairs wishing to extend their second year and who have proven to be excellent care givers.) It is unfair to withhold the educational component and vacation as this is punishing an innocent au pair. The au pairs that I have seen have been hardworking and energetic in their jobs. Cultural Care must abide by the program set by the State Dept. The best website to see Cultural Care's efforts in customer satisfaction is: http://www.getsatisfaction.com/culturalcare. Here is the history of Cultural Care: http://culturalcarepresident.com/company-history. Cultural Care takes surveys twice per year to monitor the program. The last survey had these results: http://www.culturalcare.com/_share/pdf/HFSurvey2009.pdf.

annehoward32 Jul 14, 2009

Well, at least one website has finally come to their senses - aupairclearinghouse.com, a consumer site on the aupair agencies, had Cultural Care listed as number one - they now not only dropped them on the list, they pulled them off of it (Top Three Agencies).

There were a number of complaints on this site too, but none were removed. They seem to believe that this company still has promise, but I am telling you - avoid them like the plague - they will take your money, put an au pair from hell into your home and then leave you stranded without support or assistance.

Once they get your money, all the nice customer service you got before you signed the contract just "goes" away!!

Check out the survey results and what they said about Cultural Care at.
                          www.aupairclearinghouse.com and insiderpages.com

• Ss
                          S.S. May 08, 2009

You can bet that a big chunk of the money that Cultural Care steals from hardworking families on a daily basis goes toward attorneys' fees to clean up the mess they make. These attorneys probably threat the review sites with lawsuits for defamation, and they probably succeed at scaring them. We want to stop other families from the suffering we endured, and as affected consumers we can do things that work and weaken this organization:

1. Complain to the Better Business Bureau. All you have to say is that you're not satisfied with the quality of their services. You'll be amazed at how responsive Cultural Care reps suddenly become. You have a big chance of getting money back, and you also lower their rating.

2. Complain to the Department of Consumer Affairs in your county. They'll have to respond to them and that takes time and money as well.

3. Another way to get at least some of your money back is to get matched with an au pair that has only a few weeks left in the program and you'll be fully reimbursed for all the weeks of service you already paid for and won't be receiving. And don't pay for your au pair's vacation and educational component until the very end. Last but not least, don't take any more abuse. If things aren't working out with this last au pair, get her out of your place and don't sign their stupid exit form. Get a police report if there is unacceptable or unlawful behavior. You're not breaching any contract. You are protecting your family and your assets.

• Ly
                          Lynne Apr 11, 2009

I also found the same situation, which I had never encountered before. I am not prone to believe "conspiracy theories" but this is appears to be a flagrant violation of a basic purpose of the Internet--the free exchange of ideas and comments without suppression by organizations that are the recipients of negative postings.

Cultural Care Au Pair — Cultural Care doesn't care about you

I am a mother of a one year-old baby girl. I am heartbroken and embarrassed. I am sour and furious. My one...