Menu
Akademos Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Akademos
reviews & complaints

www.akademos.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 6 Reviews

Akademos Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Akademos at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Akademos has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Akademos. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Akademos reviews & complaints 6

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Akademos reviews & complaints

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Akademos I bought a textbook but never got it

I bought a textbook but never got it. The tracking stopped and I needed it for class. I contacted them and asked for a digital replacement, but they said no. They promised to refund me in 15 days. It's been over 15 days and when I called, they refused to give my money back and I still don't have the book. I had to go to a bookstore and buy it because I'm way behind. I want my money back. I didn't get the book.

G
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Akademos I ordered this book thinkin' it was gonna be a real book, ya know?

I ordered this book thinkin' it was gonna be a real book, ya know? But turns out it's one of them e-books, and they didn't even mention that on their website. So I called 'em up 'cause the trackin' number said it ain't been shipped yet. They told me I gotta trust 'em that they actually sent me the access code for the e-book. They said my only choice is to wait for the package to come, then tell the mailman I don't want it and get a refund. But my kid's already started class and I still ain't got no access code, and I don't even have proof that they actually shipped it.

K

Akademos I bought a book from *** on August 24

I bought a book from *** on August 24. But guess what? The book never showed up! So, I decided to shoot them an email on September 4 to cancel my order. But you won't believe it, they didn't bother replying until September 13. Finally, some "advocate" responded and said they'll try to cancel the order before it ships. But here's the kicker, today, September 14, I got an email saying the book has already been shipped. And get this, they had already charged my credit card way before the item even left their hands! I've been trying to reach their customer service line, but it's like talking to a brick wall. I don't want this book anymore, and I want my money back pronto. I don't trust these guys at all. It feels like a total scam to me.

Is Akademos legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Akademos as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Akademos stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Akademos should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Akademos earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Akademos achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Akademos. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Akademos.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

After using multiple security services, we have determined that the Akademos website is safe for users. No malware, phishing, or security threats have been detected that could pose a risk to users.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Akademos has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 6 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Akademos.com is being iframed, Iframes can be used for legitimate, For example, iframes can be used to embed third-party content such as maps, videos, or advertisements, which can enhance the user experience.
  • Akademos protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to Akademos has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Akademos I ordered an ebook for school and the company waited 1 week to notify me that the ebook was unavailable

I ordered an ebook for school and the company waited 1 week to notify me that the ebook was unavailable. I made 2 calls and sent an email on 28 DEC after reordering the ebook for a 2nd time. After both calls, 1 I spoke with DAWN and the second rep caller id was ***, I was told that someone would get back to me ASAP. Neither attendant's returned my calls. I checked online again today and saw that the ebook option was no longer available for the book needed, I am assuming that link was removed after my calls. After speaking with the company today, I had to order the hard copy of the book and pay the $11.00 express shipping fee. The book is needed next week for school, 4 JAN, I explained this to the reps I spoke with and that I was in need of information just in case I needed to order the book. Definitely no care on their end or any real desire to assist. I would like my express shipping fee refunded please.

M

Akademos I bought a book for a class on 1/25 from ***

I bought a book for a class on 1/25 from ***. Later that day, I found out I didn't need it and asked to cancel the order. Their customer service team didn't reply until 1/26 after confirming my order. The order number is ***. I contacted customer service again to cancel, but they replied hours later saying it wasn't possible because the order was confirmed. They confirmed the order before responding to my cancellation request. Their customer service rep, Jennifer S, told me I could have called their customer service number, but I couldn't find it online. The only option given was to email them. Jennifer S also said they don't give refunds for rented textbooks, but this info isn't on their website. Since it was their fault for not canceling when I asked, I expected a refund. We exchanged at least ten emails and had a phone call to fix this, all on the same day, but no solution. The package hasn't even been sent by the distributer and isn't in the ***'s hands yet.

V

Akademos I ordered books from Akademos' subsidiary ***

I ordered books from Akademos' subsidiary ***. Two books in my order were ebooks, including a code for a science lab on January 4th. The ebooks were crucial for my assignments and tests, as school started on January 6th, and the deadline for turning in my assignments was January 10th at 11:59 PM. Unfortunately, I never received the ebooks. To ensure I didn't receive a zero on my test and assignments, I had to purchase the ***t DCE for *** ISBN: *** for $132.00 and the *** -- Standalone Access Card -- for *** ISBN: *** for $20.53 out of my own pocket. I had previously done business with this company using my primary email account of ***, and I had received my previous book orders without any issues.

On January 10th, I contacted customer service to inform them that I had been charged by the school for the ebooks but had not received them. I explained that I had to purchase the same products out of my own pocket to avoid a zero on my test and assignments, and I requested a refund for both the ***t of $132 and the *** of $20.53. The customer service representative advised me to check an email account from the school I had graduated from in May . This surprised me because I had used my *** account when placing the order. At this point, I had already paid for the same products that I was charged for by the school. I checked the old email account and found that the *** -- Standalone Access Card -- for ***, 5/e for $20.53 had been sent to that email account for some reason. However, the ***y ISBN: *** for $132.00 had not been sent. I did not receive that code for the course until January 11th, a day after the assignments were due. I immediately called back to complain and explain what had happened, requesting a refund for both the *** $132.00 and the *** code of $20.53.

The customer service representative informed me that the refund had been approved. However, the company made another mistake and refunded the money for the *** ebook instead of the *** or the code. So, once again, I had to purchase the book out of my own pocket to complete my assignments. I still have not received my refund of $152.53. On January 26th, I contacted the company again and complained multiple times to multiple people. One woman told me that her supervisor would contact me back, but I received no return phone call after three hours. I called again and spoke to a representative named Justin, who informed me that no notes had been added by the previous representative. He emailed his boss, who stated that Justin would have to contact the publisher for a refund. It was *** AKA Akademos that made the error, not the publisher. I want my money back from this company. They didn't hesitate to take my money, so they should refund it promptly.

Akademos Customer Reviews Overview

Akademos is an online platform that offers a comprehensive solution for educational institutions to streamline their course materials and bookstore operations. With a focus on providing a seamless experience for students, faculty, and administrators, Akademos has garnered positive reviews for its innovative approach and user-friendly interface.

One of the standout features of Akademos is its ability to simplify the textbook procurement process. Users appreciate the platform's vast catalog of affordable options, allowing students to save money on their course materials. Additionally, the platform offers various formats, including digital and rental options, catering to the diverse needs of students.

Another aspect that receives praise is Akademos' efficient order fulfillment and delivery system. Students have reported receiving their textbooks promptly, ensuring they have the necessary materials for their classes. This reliability has contributed to a positive user experience and increased satisfaction among students.

Akademos also offers a robust faculty adoption tool, enabling instructors to easily select and adopt course materials. This feature streamlines the process for faculty members, saving them time and effort. The platform's integration with learning management systems further enhances the convenience and accessibility of course materials for both faculty and students.

Furthermore, Akademos provides excellent customer support, with responsive and knowledgeable representatives. Users have expressed satisfaction with the prompt assistance they receive when encountering any issues or inquiries. This level of support contributes to a positive overall experience and fosters a sense of trust in the platform.

In conclusion, Akademos has received positive reviews for its user-friendly interface, extensive textbook options, efficient order fulfillment, and excellent customer support. With its innovative approach to course materials management, Akademos has become a trusted platform for educational institutions, students, and faculty alike.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Akademos contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Akademos?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Akademos Customer Service. Initial Akademos complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Akademos above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Akademos. Discuss the issues you have had with Akademos and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.