Menu

K
Author of the complaint
10:32 pm EST
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I wish to give feedback on my bad encounter at Courts (Lot One).

Last Friday, I bought a rice cooker from Courts (Jurong Point) for my mum as a Xmas gift. She doesn't like the model unfortunately, hence I thought I could do a refund. I went to Courts website and saw this 30days hassle-free exchange/refund where customer could do an exchange or refund at any store. On Sunday, I went to Courts (Lot One) since it's the nearest store to my home.

I produced the receipt of purchase together with the product in an unsealed box as I had already opened up to show my mum. The cashier asked for my reason of refund. I told her that my mum doesn't like this model. She was blunt and told me that I am not able to do a refund simply for that reason. She said that refund is only if the product is faulty, then I will be allowed to do a 1-1 exchange or refund. The cashier called one of the Sales staff over and the latter told me the same about their policy of refund is only if the product I purchased was faulty. I pointed to him the 30days hassle-free exchange/refund which was clearly stated on the wall behind the cashier counter and he insisted that he was instructed that it only applies if the product was faulty. He even commented that I should not have bought it in the first place if I don't like the product. I asked if I could do an exchange to other products or a refund at Jurong Point since I bought it there. This Sales staff told me that their exchange/refund policy is the same across all stores so even if I go over to the other store, they won't be able to adhere to my request. Feeling disappointed, I walked out of the store.

I looked through the return clauses carefully and I went back to the store to look for the same Sales staff whom I spoke to earlier. I told him that it was stated in the website that if I am unhappy with the product, I could do a refund. He still stick to his earlier words that it only applies to faulty product. Not feeling satisfied with his reply, I asked him for another staff with higher authority who can confirmed this and he directed me to his "senior" named Sebastian (not sure if it's correctly spelt) who was sitting at the desk alone. Sebastian told me that the product box has been unsealed thus unable to allow a refund. I have to show him on my phone the next clause which says that I can still do a refund within 14days if the box is unsealed. Only then he said I could do a refund with an insincere attitude.

I walked over to the same cashier and handed the receipt of purchase and told her that I want to do a refund on the product I brought along earlier. She said she had already told me earlier that it cannot be refunded. She then asked who I spoke to and subsequently paged for this Sebastian to the counter to ask if he had allowed me to do a refund, before she proceeded the refund process which took merely just 5minutes of her time.

I am utterly disappointed and unhappy over this encounter. I do not know if your staff lack the knowledge on your company's refund policy or they are trying to bluff their way through by telling me there's no way for refund unless the product is faulty. It was only when I pointed out the return policy on your website that a refund was allowed which in my opinion was done unwillingly.

I can't help but left the store thinking that Courts is not genuine in honouring their promise to customer on their refund policy.

More Courts Singapore complaints & reviews

Courts Singapore - Installation of air-conditioning units and piping
1 comments
C
Jan 14, 2019 6:50 pm EST

My elderly parents purchased a LG fridge from Courts Toa Payoh last week paying $777 plus $150 for extended warranty and $20 for disposal of old fridge. Later I realized Courts online advertised the same fridge at $645 and extended warranty $119. Worst still, Harvey Norman is selling the same fridge at $630 and extended warranty $123. Where is the lowest guaranteed price? I am seeking a refund of twice the amount for the price difference as promised by Courts on their customer service delivery. I hope the price difference is not due to overcharging on vulnerable elderly customers but the stock-market like price fluctuation.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

238 complaints