Countrywide / Bank Of Americabank of america problems

In sept 2008i talked to my mortgage company at the time countrywide, about a special forberance due to hurricane gustav. I had never been late on my mortgage so they gave me a three month forberance .My arm was going to adjust and i knew i would not to be able to afford the 500.00 a month increase on my note, my husband is in the construction business and things had really slowed down, we tried to refiance with countrywide but needed 30, 0000 . So in Dec, countrywide fedex's a 10year interest only modification i did not like it but we accepted it had it notarized. Started the payments as stated in the modification, but countrywide called three or four time a week asking when i was going to make my payment .everytime i talked to someone i had to go through the whole situation, some knew about the modif some did not.
Somedays i would talk to to or three different people all saying different things. but the hope program knew what was going on and said it would take countrywide at least 120 days to update their records.they never did.
Then in june 09, i was told on the phone my modification was canceled stop making the payments and no one knew why. I did not listen kept sending in my payments then in july they sent my check back, so i mailed one in august they cashed it. Now they tell me i am in review for the making home afforable program but said i probably won't qualify because my expenses were over budget 300.00. but they will put it through and for me to call back in a week. I have been dealing with this crap for a year, I have never in my life seen a business run like this. many times i wanted to just give up. but they will have to drag me out kicking and screaming i won't give up. I will call my congress, president anybody i need to.

• Ka
    karma4ya Sep 24, 2009

We to have also been thru this after them telling us that we first off werent ever late or behind they couldnt help us until we were behind thats BS and a horrible practice but it seems all mortgage co have that policy. We begged i also called hope alliance which country wide said they never recieved anything from them and I assume after the hell we have been thru in the past few months they just plain and simply recieved but didnt do anything but throw them in the trash just about like there notes system when you call them. We called them and when we got no where we offerd then the deed they of course told us we had to list the house for 3 months with a realtor so we did we had to get it pre authorized for a short sale and give them the realtors name an all that jazz Our realtor then began to deal with them and well they treated her the same as they treated us we due to the fact we were lied to when we bought the house thought hard and begged them to help us when they said we did qaulify for anything we had a family discussion and came to the conclusion maybe our prayers was answered by them not wanting to help us we can try to sell and if we cant sell we will offer them the deed and becuz we had done everything they asked they would accept that and we would walk away and lose all the $$ we had already paid and all the hard work we had done to the house but that would be the end of the nightmare!! BOY DID WE EVER THINK WRONG!! they denied our deed in lou and we are still fighting with them. We moved out of the house and in with our kids we didnt even get all our stuff out of the house and they had someone BREAK INTO OUR HOME and change the locks our realtor called them and spoke to her contact who swore it wasnt them that broke in and changed the locks but the notes on the door clearly said it was them. this was just after we had barely missed 2 payments they also informed the neighbors we were in forclosure which screwed the only offer we had on the house the people were friends with the neighbors and when they heard we were in FC they were scared away they call and harass us daily we tell them the same thing everytime they have yet to file forclosure on us o yea they cancelled our homeowners insurance also becuz they contacted our agent and demand that they add some vacant building coverage which our agent said wasnt nec since we had the house on the market and was really trying to sell it anyways i shall stop rambling my question to you is did you find anyone to contact about there practices and the way they treat there customers? I need to know who I can write for help with these idiots.
    please let me know my email is [email protected]