Resolved Corelle Warehazard your health!

Throw away all your Corelle Ware dishes they can become a hazard after they age. I just exeperinced an explosion of a casserole dish that caused multiple cuts and lacerations after a small tink from the lid when removing from a cupboard. Maybe suicide bombers should ware this stuff to inhance the effect.

• Da
    Dawn Nov 02, 2008

I had a similar experience while I was washing dishes, a serving bowl broke into multiple shards when barely touched by a glass.

• Co
    corelle lover Mar 11, 2009

I have used this stuff for 35+ years and have never had a problem. I use it in the microwave and oven. Maybe just lucky, but I think Corelle Ware is the greatest stuff ever invented.

• Da
    danny111 Mar 13, 2010

I thought Corelle was a great product, until recently when a few pieces broke into hundreds of fine shards on multiple occasions.
    I previously thought people who complain about Corelle breakages were careless or stupid, who can't clean after themselves. Now that it happened to me, I fully understand.

It is almost impossible to find all those hundreds of fine sharp shards. It has caused me
    external bleeding in the most un-expected of ways. ( no, it wasn't from the cleaning up).
    Medically, it is also very difficult to treat if ingested.

I decided to throw out all food in the kitchen, then I decided to throw out all
    the Corelle Ware

Mattie Maxwell May 09, 2011

I have a 16piece place set of Corelle Ware and the plates have rust stains around the edges of the plate how do I to remove the stain or will it come off??
    The pattern is white with rose patternwith solid burgundy line beneath the roses any help is appreciated.

• Nl
    NLMR Aug 07, 2011

Corelleware/Pyrex was bought out about 25 years ago...the recipe for making these dishes was changed at that time and they used less lime in the process...thus a lot of exploding dishes. If you want some good corelleware or Pyrex, look for them at yardsales etc. and make sure they were bought over 25 years ago.

Annee90 Apr 28, 2014

I have owned Correlle for over 40 years. The other day my daughter-in-law put ice-cream and cake in a (cereal) bowl, added the spoon, and boom! The thing exploded in her hand!. It could have been an added on piece, but gee whiz. Plus, all the edges of the plates (service for twelve - do the math) have eroded away leaving raw ceramic exposed. Clearly this should not have happened. I will reluctantly be replacing the set, not with Corelle.

• Kw
    k. w. Jul 27, 2014

I'm tired of hearing how Corelle is great and won't break, Bull on that!! For quite a few years now, all the Corelle I bought, because I have kids and am a foster parent, have slowly been getting broken one by one. But let me tell you, When you drop Corelle it's like no other broken dish experience you have ever had. These dishes just DO NOT break they leave jagged shards all over your floor. It's a wonder that no one has gotten seriously hurt, as I find pieces weeks later, even after an extensive cleaning up. I think Corelle should reinburse people who purchased a lot of their product because they thought it would be safe for their kids! I am hugely sorry for investing in so much of their product when it DOES NOT do what it says!( resist breakage) Truthfully it is more of a hazard than Anything, an I'm not afraid to warn people!!!

Kathy wood
    Arizona

Marillyn Sep 11, 2018

Last night while watching tv we heard a loud noise like glass breaking - looking all around we found a Corelle dinner plate exploded in my cupboard. I went online and saw this is not a single occurrence - I am removing all Corelle from my home and believe someone needs to ban these products. Thank God that no one was injured including our pets!

• Su
    Sunil Kumar Drolia Dec 11, 2018

The plate broke into many pieces while putting in the sink very unexpected and sad
    Coming from this company

• Cr
    Cristine F Jimenez Aug 04, 2019

I was so excited to purchase this dish that for my daughter who's moving out for college into her 1st apartment. The dishes arrived with dinner dishes broken in many pieces and one mug was broken in many pieces. Easy to cut my hand on.
    Corelle advertises break resistant, really. Now I have to waste time returning these dishes.

• Dr
    Drashti Mehta Aug 20, 2019

Our 2 dishes of Corelle got broken and we have taken photos of it. Kindly check and let us know whether you can replace them

• Or
    Order not correct Sep 15, 2019

I ordered the 10.5 inch plates... Imani Dinber plates! There was supposed to come with six in each box! I only got 5 in each box! I am missing 2 plates! Please advise!
    Order # W001921943

• Fb
    FBobat Mar 03, 2020

I have 3 different corelle dinner sets and never had a problem with them. Last week, however, one of my bakeware dishes exploded in the oven! I heard a loud smash and didn't realise until the oven timer went off a few minutes later. The corelle vitrelle bakeware was less than 2 years old and not used very often either. I was mortified at the amount of small pieces that blew around and settled in the oven. An absolute nightmare to clean, food wasted and now I'm paranoid about using my other corelle pieces. Feeling anxious.

• Fb
    FBobat Mar 03, 2020

Another photo for the above comment