Corelle Brandscorelle serving bowl

S Nov 10, 2018

As per many other feedbackers, I have experienced this"Corelle Explosion phenomenon" quite frequently. A bowl exploded into small sharp shards in a public place surrounded by adults and kids. Fortunately, nobody was hurt.
Why does this brand specify "break and chip resistant" that is not a true statement in my experience? It is not so much that they actually do break on linoleum floors but that they shatter and explode when they fall. That creates a hazardous situation for anyone close by. Even though they state being bMicrowave safe, perhaps this makes them brittle after time? The video attached exemplifies the scenario that I experienced, especially the end where the bowl just shatters into a million shards, as does the photo which shows what I got when I swept up the remains of the bowl.
NOTE: I do not want a refund or a resolution to this incident. I am just providing feedback because I found the Corelle complaint site to do so. Thank you.

corelle serving bowl