Cook's IllustratedUnauthorized Billing

D

5/24/2016
I received a "3rd Invoice - Past Due" letter in the mail. The main portion of the letter highlighted, "Mail Payment Today To Clear your OVERDUE ACCOUNT STATUS".
I never ordered this subscription. I went to the website listed on the letter; cooksillustrated.com/account, and found this telephone number [protected]).
When I spoke to the rep. I told her, 1) I never ordered the subscription, and 2) I never received a prior invoice.
The rep. asked me if I received a "complimentary" magazine in February, which I told her I did. She said the "3rd Invoice" letter was just a marketing attempt to get me to sign up. I told her the wording on the letter was BS, attempting to get me to pay for something I didn't order. She said they were trying to get the wording changed on the letter. Rep. said this issue is now resolved. Let's hope so!

Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.