Cook's Illustrated — Unauthorized Billing
I received a "3rd Invoice - Past Due" letter in the mail. The main portion of the letter highlighted, "Mail Payment Today To Clear your OVERDUE ACCOUNT STATUS".
I never ordered this subscription. I went to the website listed on the letter; cooksillustrated.com/account, and found this telephone number [protected]).
When I spoke to the rep. I told her, 1) I never ordered the subscription, and 2) I never received a prior invoice.
The rep. asked me if I received a "complimentary" magazine in February, which I told her I did. She said the "3rd Invoice" letter was just a marketing attempt to get me to sign up. I told her the wording on the letter was BS, attempting to get me to pay for something I didn't order. She said they were trying to get the wording changed on the letter. Rep. said this issue is now resolved. Let's hope so!
Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.
More Cook's Illustrated Complaints & Reviews
- Cook's Illustrated - Unauthorized billing
- Cook's Illustrated - Fraudulent charges
- Cook's Illustrated - False Advertising/Additional Charges
- Cooks Illustrated - unauthorized billing
- Cook's Illustrated - Did not deliver
- Cook's Illustrated - Magazine Test Kitchen
- Cook's Illustrated - online website subscription
- Cook's Illustrated - magazine
- Cook's Illustrated - cook's illustrated misleading automatic renewals practice
- Cook's Illustrated - web membership